Page 285 of 306 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 285

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Quies View Post
    That sounds like a latex/banana/pineapple allergy. Do you have any issues with those?
    I'm fine with latex an bananas. If I eat a bunch of pineapple it kind of feels like it irritates the inside of my mouth.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm having one of those warped moments when all I can think of are those sex ed classes where the instructor shows how to put a latex condom on a banana. :::hangs head in shame while giggling like an idiot:::
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quies is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure. Could be the amount in kiwi, could be other things interacting together. In self-sacrifice, I will eat your kiwi so you don't have to suffer.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    That thing about poison ivy is weird; I can wallow around in it, and as long as I can wash it off within 3 or 4 hours basically nothing happens. Both of my brothers get it really bad if they hit any, though.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I'm having one of those warped moments when all I can think of are those sex ed classes where the instructor shows how to put a latex condom on a banana. :::hangs head in shame while giggling like an idiot:::
    OK, we always knew you were a bit twisted. Nothing new here.

I'm not sure. Could be the amount in kiwi, could be other things interacting together. In self-sacrifice, I will eat your kiwi so you don't have to suffer.
    I have had a reaction from just some kiwi fruit juice left in a fruit salad on a buffet line. You can have all my share of kiwi for the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    That thing about poison ivy is weird; I can wallow around in it, and as long as I can wash it off within 3 or 4 hours basically nothing happens. Both of my brothers get it really bad if they hit any, though.
    My sister doesn't get a bad reaction but I do. Interesting how the genetic dice roll.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Poison Ivy... my brother is completely immune. I'm NOT.

This led to an incident when I was in... maybe 4th grade... where brother took a handful of the stuff and RUBBED it all over the side of my face... while laughing. He was still bigger than me at that point in our lives.
    This led to the right half of my face swelling about an inch thick with reaction and my eye glued completely shut.
    It was horrible.

He didn't even get in trouble.

Also... I just found a wall in a thread and beat my head against it.
    I know better.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    We were the parents who showed our kids how to put on a condom using a zucchini. Embarrassing from them and us, but vital for them to know. There is actually a technique, and though most condoms have instructions with them, who wants to rely on teenagers stopping to read while in the throes of passion? Hard enough asking them to stop and be safe.

Hmmm, Middlest will be going off to college in the fall. Maybe it is time for a refresher lesson.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    The flesh of the mango doesn't have it though, so someone who is allergic can have someone else wash and peel the mangos and still eat the flesh.
    Nope, not in all cases. Just one bite of mango flesh sets me right off, in a days-off-work-and-need-a-course-of steroids kind of way. Which f*cking sucks because I love the things.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    The one thing I am seriously allergic to is Kiwi fruit. Like full anaphylaxis type of allergic. No idea why.
    Hey, me too! Throat swells up immediately, and I'm guaranteed to vomit within minutes. If I eat anything which even touched a damn green kiwi, I get a reaction. Which f*cking sucks because I love the things.

HOWEVER - that only applies to green kiwis. Gold ones I cheerfully eat without any problems. Any botanists out there who can offer an explanation?
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Nope, not in all cases. Just one bite of mango flesh sets me right off, in a days-off-work-and-need-a-course-of steroids kind of way. Which f*cking sucks because I love the things.
    Ouch. I wonder if you are allergic to something else in the mango, the mango was underripe, or there was cross-contamination from peeling.

Hey, me too! Throat swells up immediately, and I'm guaranteed to vomit within minutes. If I eat anything which even touched a damn green kiwi, I get a reaction. Which f*cking sucks because I love the things.

HOWEVER - that only applies to green kiwis. Gold ones I cheerfully eat without any problems. Any botanists out there who can offer an explanation?
    IgE sensitization profiles toward gre... [J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

Looks like gold kiwi doesn't have actinidin in it, one of the major allergens of kiwi.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Poison Ivy... my brother is completely immune. I'm NOT.

This led to an incident when I was in... maybe 4th grade... where brother took a handful of the stuff and RUBBED it all over the side of my face... while laughing. He was still bigger than me at that point in our lives.
    This led to the right half of my face swelling about an inch thick with reaction and my eye glued completely shut.
    It was horrible.

He didn't even get in trouble.

Also... I just found a wall in a thread and beat my head against it.
    I know better.
    That little creep. Should have been flayed for that. That was seriously mean.
    Which wall were you bashing your head on this time cori, the sugar bees again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    We were the parents who showed our kids how to put on a condom using a zucchini. Embarrassing from them and us, but vital for them to know. There is actually a technique, and though most condoms have instructions with them, who wants to rely on teenagers stopping to read while in the throes of passion? Hard enough asking them to stop and be safe.

Hmmm, Middlest will be going off to college in the fall. Maybe it is time for a refresher lesson.
    Yep, only it's not zucchini season. May have to find another vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post

IgE sensitization profiles toward gre... [J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

Looks like gold kiwi doesn't have actinidin in it, one of the major allergens of kiwi.
    Thanks, Q. I have never seen or heard of a gold kiwi before. Is it a separate plant or just a more ripe version of the same thing?