Page 284 of 306 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 284

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Thanks, Robin! I am finding this forum a bit trying at times, but your posts are a breath of fresh air! Followed you over to Dirty Carnivore. Looks like more interesting info to peruse...
    Yeah, all the muscle heads trying to say that anyone who doesn't lift heavy is a skinny jeans wearing emo vampire pussy does get old. Also the sugar bees and their blatant lack of scientific facts get obnoxious. Choco, who was already a PITA, has gone and drunk the Ray Peat heavily sweetened cool aid. Urg.

Quote Originally Posted by Quies View Post
    That's how you know he's a keeper. I'm glad you found someone you can feel that way with.
    Thank you. He is a keeper. How have you been?

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Thank you. He is a keeper. How have you been?
    I was doing fine until I got rained in for the second day in a row and decided to drink one of my sugar sodas. Now I am uncomfortably buzzed.

I saw the list of what non-meat foods you tend to eat and your comments about eating fruit because the plants want them to be eaten. I agree with this but I think something else that should be kept in mind is what the plant wants its fruit to be eaten by.

Paleobird Guest
    I was doing fine until I got rained in for the second day in a row and decided to drink one of my sugar sodas. Now I am uncomfortably buzzed.

I saw the list of what non-meat foods you tend to eat and your comments about eating fruit because the plants want them to be eaten. I agree with this but I think something else that should be kept in mind is what the plant wants its fruit to be eaten by.
    Eww. Sounds like the sodas need to get pantry purged and given to the food bank.

Not sure what you mean about what a fruit is eaten by. Care to expand on that? I think mostly the plant wants whatever animal will eat the fruit and then poop out the seeds later somewhere else complete with a built in dollop of fertilizer in order to propagate itself.

Eww. Sounds like the sodas need to get pantry purged and given to the food bank.
    Probably. Eating some mango made me feel better, it probably soaked up some of the caffeine. I think I'm getting more sensitive to caffeine since I don't need it to stay awake any more.

Not sure what you mean about what a fruit is eaten by. Care to expand on that? I think mostly the plant wants whatever animal will eat the fruit and then poop out the seeds later somewhere else complete with a built in dollop of fertilizer in order to propagate itself.
    Therein lies the answer. Peppers, for example, would prefer that a bird eat them because they don't chew and the seeds will go right through them. Mammals, on the other hand, tend to chew up the seeds along with the fruit and they won't grow. This is why most peppers are spicy, to deter mammals while birds are unaffected. I don't have problems with peppers/nightshade, but I know others who have joint pains from them. I really think it comes down to who has the upper hand in each arms race. Personally, I have the upper hand against nightshades and mangos.

Paleobird Guest
    Probably. Eating some mango made me feel better, it probably soaked up some of the caffeine. I think I'm getting more sensitive to caffeine since I don't need it to stay awake any more.

Therein lies the answer. Peppers, for example, would prefer that a bird eat them because they don't chew and the seeds will go right through them. Mammals, on the other hand, tend to chew up the seeds along with the fruit and they won't grow. This is why most peppers are spicy, to deter mammals while birds are unaffected. I don't have problems with peppers/nightshade, but I know others who have joint pains from them. I really think it comes down to who has the upper hand in each arms race. Personally, I have the upper hand against nightshades and mangos.
    I've found that being in ketosis makes me more susceptible to all chemical substances, be it caffeine or alcohol.

I don't really know why nightshades are such a problem for some people and not for others. Perhaps my Native American DNA is better adapted to new world nightshades than that of some European people.

I've found that being in ketosis makes me more susceptible to all chemical substances, be it caffeine or alcohol.
    Depending on when you notice the difference, it could partially be that for most of the day you don't have anything extra in your stomach to buffer them.

I don't really know why nightshades are such a problem for some people and not for others. Perhaps my Native American DNA is better adapted to new world nightshades than that of some European people.
    I have some Native American DNA as well and I think it may help with the mangos as well as the nightshades. Mangos are Asian but mango and poison ivy sensitivities go hand in hand and I tolerate the hell out of poison ivy.

Paleobird Guest
    Depending on when you notice the difference, it could partially be that for most of the day you don't have anything extra in your stomach to buffer them.

I have some Native American DNA as well and I think it may help with the mangos as well as the nightshades. Mangos are Asian but mango and poison ivy sensitivities go hand in hand and I tolerate the hell out of poison ivy.
    True. I'm only really eating once a day these days. I just have some coconut milk in my Teeccino in the morning or a glass of kefir maybe.

The upside of it is that it makes me "a cheap date". One drink and I'm done.

That's interesting about poison ivy. Here on the west coast we have something called poison oak which is very similar in its effects. I do not tolerate that well at all. I have even gotten secondary brushes with it when my dog has taken off into the underbrush along the trail and then come back and rubbed up against my legs. Yikes.

That's interesting about poison ivy. Here on the west coast we have something called poison oak which is very similar in its effects. I do not tolerate that well at all. I have even gotten secondary brushes with it when my dog has taken off into the underbrush along the trail and then come back and rubbed up against my legs. Yikes.
    Poison oak and poison sumac are also in the same group as poison ivy so anyone with a severe reaction to those may react to mango. The flesh of the mango doesn't have it though, so someone who is allergic can have someone else wash and peel the mangos and still eat the flesh.

When I lived in New York and North Carolina, I could walk around in poison ivy all day long with no reaction. Now that I live in Florida, we have a meaner strain I react to but honestly I have more skin irritation when my razor blades get dull. My dad is the same way, no reaction to northern strains and a slight reaction to the southern strain.

I'm on a mango kick right now because they are in season and we get them "forced" on us by customers who have more on their trees than they can eat. A few we get all of the mangos because they are out of town or allergic.

Paleobird Guest
    The one thing I am seriously allergic to is Kiwi fruit. Like full anaphylaxis type of allergic. No idea why.

That sounds like a latex/banana/pineapple allergy. Do you have any issues with those?