Page 279 of 306 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 279

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's not funny unless it hurts. That's not a direct quote from Heinlein, but he sort of makes that point when Michael (Valentine Michael Smith) starts laughing when the monkey hits the other monkey.

I'm assuming that groaning is a sign of pain.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    He must have grown on you.....
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Okay, that was a real groaner for sure.
    You guuuuyyyyyyyssssss!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    It's not funny unless it hurts. That's not a direct quote from Heinlein, but he sort of makes that point when Michael (Valentine Michael Smith) starts laughing when the monkey hits the other monkey.

I'm assuming that groaning is a sign of pain.
    Yes, it's painful. Now stop already!

Paleobird Guest
    I went with my BFF to pick out new granite for the kitchen counter tops she is having redone. I don't think she really wanted my advice as much as she wanted to introduce me to her contractor who is a very nice and attractive and newly divorced man.

Hmmm. Not sure what to do about that.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    it was nice of her to think of you, i suppose.

i'm trying (again) to convince my sister not to circumcise her son. she keeps telling me that she's "fully educated" on the issue. but that doesn't make sense because basically anyone "fully educated" on the issue is strongly against male infant circumcision *unless* they feel religiously compelled.

since there's no religious compulsion (she's catholic; there's no requirement), there's no health reason, and the only remaining reason is cosmetic and causes many a health problem.

it's annoying. i was really hoping she'd have a girl. :P

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

i'm trying (again) to convince my sister not to circumcise her son. she keeps telling me that she's "fully educated" on the issue. but that doesn't make sense because basically anyone "fully educated" on the issue is strongly against male infant circumcision *unless* they feel religiously compelled.

since there's no religious compulsion (she's catholic; there's no requirement), there's no health reason, and the only remaining reason is cosmetic and causes many a health problem.

That poor kid. I have a friend who just had a baby about two months ago - I tried to get her info about the benefits of not circumcising, along with all the drawbacks to getting it done. She wouldn't do it for religious purposes either, just said it 'looks cleaner' and uncut penii are 'gross'. Your kid's sexual satisfaction as an adult doesn't mean anything, I guess. I didn't get either of my kids circumcised - it was one of the few things their dad and totally agreed on. Funny thing was my mom, having never broached the subject while I was pregnant, asked if I had circumcised the kids. I said no and she says "good, your brother wasn't. And your dad wasn't either." I'm not squeamish at all, but TMI, mom! Or bring it up while I'm pregnant, lol.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

Yes, it's painful. Now stop already!
    Do you remember your safe word? LMAO
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

Oh, yikes. That is a tough subject to change somebody's mind about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    That poor kid. I have a friend who just had a baby about two months ago - I tried to get her info about the benefits of not circumcising, along with all the drawbacks to getting it done. She wouldn't do it for religious purposes either, just said it 'looks cleaner' and uncut penii are 'gross'. Your kid's sexual satisfaction as an adult doesn't mean anything, I guess. I didn't get either of my kids circumcised - it was one of the few things their dad and totally agreed on. Funny thing was my mom, having never broached the subject while I was pregnant, asked if I had circumcised the kids. I said no and she says "good, your brother wasn't. And your dad wasn't either." I'm not squeamish at all, but TMI, mom! Or bring it up while I'm pregnant, lol.
    I guess some parents are just thinking about the need to wash properly "down there" on the kid when he's a baby and not thinking ahead to the time when he will have a sex life. Maybe they just see it as easier. I think there is also a certain degree of conformity involved. Monkey see monkey do. Being different takes more cojones.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Do you remember your safe word? LMAO
    Ummmmm, Pineapple?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    thing is, there's no difference between washing an intact penis and a finger. it's a myth that there's a 'special' method for cleaning it. you don't retract the foreskin, you don't pull it back, you don't do anything. there's truly *nothing* to be done.

what is difficult is caring for what is effectively a surgical wound on a newborn penis that is kept in a diaper (which has a ton of issues). people don't realize how difficult this is -- the risk of infection, the risk of injury -- including loss of the whole penis -- plus also the risk of death for the procedure to begin with. . . it's just tragic.

but, yes, it's incredibly hard to change a person's mind about it. and you are right, people aren't thinking long term. they just either A. do it because that's "just what's done" or B. "it's cleaner"/"looks like daddy"/"is easier." Nothing about long term health and well being. Nothing about not needlessly *cutting a baby.*

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Also... the majority of above is SUCH an "American" attitude...
    It's like, how in the seven hells do you think the rest of the males on the earth do just fine with that odd, less easy, unclean penis if it's just you silly ninnies here that are actually the minorities who cut it for no reason at all.
    And that "it'll look different" thing doesn't fly anymore. There are always some boys anywhere you go who are intact in the locker room. It doesn't matter at all. At least that's what my son said.

I was totally bullied by my family for not circumcising my son 20 years ago.
    I pretty much told them "too bad".
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I got invited to a circumcision ritual by a good friend who is Jewish (it was her grandson getting snipped). I told her that I was really sorry and didn't want to insult her religion or culture or anything but that I saw this as child abuse and I couldn't, in good conscience, stand there and watch it happen.

At least if someone genuinely believes that God wants us to cut off sensitive bits of the human anatomy, they have some excuse. The people who just do it because "That's how you're supposed to do it, right?" and never even think for themselves, those people bug me.

It also bugs me that people could invent religions that sanctify genital mutilation. (Yeah, I'm an atheist) I mean how could anyone in their right mind believe that God would want children to be mutilated? The mind boggles.