Page 277 of 306 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 277

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I had this whole thing about kids/birth control answered, and I must say that I'm really happy having one *very much planned* kiddo. I'm glad that I don't have more. I just think it's beyond my capacity. That being said, we are birth controlled now for certain.

It pointed out to me that in addition to his two hours out of doors/active per day that is necessary to his survival, so also is quiet family time -- which he obviously hadn't had enough of.
    Well I'm glad good people like you are reproducing, even if not in the droves that other people seem to be.
    And yes, not getting enough exercise and outdoor time can make anybody cranky. I know it does with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    want!!
    I've looked up some youtubes about this scooter and it looks really good for city sidewalks, much more maneuverable. Its main competitor the Trikke has foot pads that are on a fixed vee shaped bar but on this one the foot pads can come together too. So when you ride the Trikke you can only ride with the rollerblading motion side to side. But with the Slider you can do that motion or you can do >=>=>=>=>, propelling yourself forward while not taking up the whole sidewalk and probably getting a great thigh master workout to boot.

I just got a notice from Amazon that it is supposed to be here Monday. Can't wait. Will report back.

Paleobird Guest
    I just made the best curry out of a leftover hunk of roast that had been in the fridge a bit long and gotten a little stringy and dry

(My houseguests over the long weekend were mostly vegetarian and not interested in beefiness so it didn't get any love.)

So, I took the solidified fat at the top of the crockpot (which had taken over my fridge) and put that in a pan to melt, chopped up the beef into cubes along with the onions, garlic, and bell peppers that it had been stewed with originally. Saute that around stirring in a bit of coconut cream and some vindaloo seasoning mix spiked with some extra turmeric. Presto, a boring old dry roast becomes juicy flavorful spicy curry.

Quite good. <sluuuuurrrrpp!> I will have to make this more often. I still have a few hunks of beef from that disappointingly tough 1/4 cow I bought a while back. This would be a good way to use those up.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    You can even make it the curry while it's still in the slow cooker

We had fish curry last night on rice, then re-fried the leftovers and had them with avocado, bacon and eggs for breakfast.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Paleobird Guest
    Yes, I was thinking of just skipping the roast stage and going directly to curry next time.

This was a good way to use up some aging leftovers this time though.

What kind of fish do you use for fish curry? It would have to be something that doesn't fall apart to easily, no?

Paleobird Guest
    The next chunk of cow out of the freezer is a ribeye roast. We'll see how that looks when it defrosts.

My fridge and freezer are considerably smaller here in the condo as opposed to my old house. I do have a supplemental freezer I can plug in if needed.

I could live on the USWM beef sticks. Those are so good. Not overly salty. You can really taste the beef. Their garlic beef hotdogs are good too. And I love their beef bacon.

Between USWM and locally bought seafood, I don't really need to buy another cow anytime soon. There are also farmers market stalls where I can buy grass fed beef and lamb but the cut.

I found a steakhouse/seafood place within walking distance that has an oyster bar happy hour with oysters a $1 each. (Going rate in restaurants these days around here is $2.50-$3.) And they have no corkage fee so you can BYOB if you want. The waitress told me this in confidence because I live in the neighborhood and she wants me to make that my Cheers hangout.

So I figure once a week or so I will have fresh oysters for dinner.
    Tonight I'm making duck.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ahh... I was just thinking today it was time for me to roast a duck again.

Duuuuuuuk.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post

Duuuuuuuk.
    Duck, Goose!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Paleobird Guest
    Duuuuuuuk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Duck, Goose!
    Any good cooking/seasoning ideas?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a purist when it comes to roasting a whole duck...

A little salt and fresh ground pepper on the skin. That's it.
    It's so delicious I can't keep my hands off it as is, and tend to make little noises of joy and lick my fingers a lot too.

Plus I don't want to flavor the FAT! Because I keep every stitch that cooks off.
    I also keep any liquid stock/jelly that cooks out. SLURP!
    I'm a Duck fiend. I really do love them.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I tend to make little noises of joy and lick my fingers a lot too. SLURP!
    I'm a Duck fiend. I really do love them.
    OK, now fess up. You were just watching and listening in on my dinner and you're just saying that so I don't feel like too much of a freak.

That was a small duck (3lbs in the package) and I had some help from my favorite Wolf Cub pack mate but that whole duck is now just a finger lickin' memory. I made duck chincharones out of the extra flaps of skin. I had the liver but gave the pup the neck and heart. Yes, it could have been soup but those puppy eyes got to me.

Duck liver is good. I've had goose liver pate' before but duck liver would work well too.

Ad there is still fat for frying things for the next several days left over. Oh, Sluuuuurrrrp!