Page 276 of 306 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 276

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Thanks, Zoe.
    No, it's why God made birth control.
    Hah! Don't worry, Doc. We won't let them take you away.
    They are coming to take me away haha..they are coming to take me away haha! lol.... The Primal Protection Force is a mighty force to be reconed with!!!!!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    They are coming to take me away haha..they are coming to take me away haha! lol.... The Primal Protection Force is a mighty force to be reconed with!!!!!
    Yes, we'll get you fitted for one of those nice self hug jackets. I hear they are all the rage this season.

The Wolf Cub and I went for a little walk and the toe piece of my favorite t-strap sandals blew out and I was left walking barefoot. Now I know barefoot is healthy and all that but Grok didn't have to walk on blacktop asphalt in the summertime. Yikes!

Thankfully there is a mall within a few block of here and I managed to step from shady spot to shady spot along the way. One little shop was having a buy one get one free sale on summer shoes and a buy one, second one 1/2 price sale on clothes.

So, two dresses and two pairs of sandals later, we finally got out of there and came home. My feet are a bit sore. Grok also had better calluses.

It is amazing how dog friendly this central area of town is. Everybody brings their dogs everywhere.

Paleobird Guest
    I did a bit of online retail therapy today at Amazon. I bought one of these:Slider - The Unscooter

plus a bunch more cocoa butter. I love that stuff.

I also got a card came that I had hear about called Cards Against Humanity that looks like it might be a good addition to my monthly game night roster.

It was cloudy and windy this morning but clearing off now. I think I'll take the hound out for a stroll. My feet are still feling a bit sore from hot pavement walking yesterday so just a short stroll

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Cards Against Humanity rocks. It's a so-not-right version of Apples to Apples, and free on their website if you're a DIYer.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Cards Against Humanity rocks. It's a so-not-right version of Apples to Apples, and free on their website if you're a DIYer.
    I like Apples to Apples, that's one of our game night favorites. Cards Against Humanity sort of sounded like the "adults only" version of that.

If it is free that is cool, but what would you print it out on? Plus it was only 25 bucks.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    We're cheap, printed it out on card stock we had lying around. We will probably buy the already made version at some point.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    No, it's why God made birth control.
    +1000

The unscooter looks like a bunch of fun.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    We're cheap, printed it out on card stock we had lying around. We will probably buy the already made version at some point.
    It looks like a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    +1000 The unscooter looks like a bunch of fun.
    Fun and good exercise too.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I had this whole thing about kids/birth control answered, and I must say that I'm really happy having one *very much planned* kiddo. I'm glad that I don't have more. I just think it's beyond my capacity. That being said, we are birth controlled now for certain.

To DS's credit, he did a good job of keeping it together. He is used to having quiet, home down time with us and his lego. Unfortunately, he had three days of kindy, followed by one afternoon of child care on the third day, followed by two straight days of child care with his friend (whom he insists he no longer likes -- they do key each other up pretty badly), and then monday she came and 'interrupted his quiet time!' so it was a boisterous, freak out of a time when I wrote that.

On Tuesday, he should have had another day of care, but we decided instead to keep him home with us in the AM, go into the office late (where he had two hours of time there and was totally mellow and did his meccano/erector sets -- he's getting quite good at building with them!), then he and I went swimming for two hours in the afternoon, and then we went to dinner and he had cartoons while I taught my last class. He was *so* happy and mellow and so well behaved.

It pointed out to me that in addition to his two hours out of doors/active per day that is necessary to his survival, so also is quiet family time -- which he obviously hadn't had enough of.

And, i learned something. As much as I like the little girl and taking them to the pool on Monday, it's *a lot* more fun when it's just DS and I because we have a completely different rhythm together. I suppose because we are interacting more than the two of the interacting and needing me to watch to make sure that they don't hurt each other (by accident, of course. they don't know all fo the risks of the water, even though we go over the rules every time before they get into the water.).

So, i learned that about myself and about my son, and that's good stuff. Means I can implement even better.

I look forward to having more teachers ready to go, too, because I want to do three nights off, two nights on per week. That would be *so* much better for all of us.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleobird View Post
    i did a bit of online retail therapy today at amazon. I bought one of these:slider - the unscooter
    want!!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde