Page 275 of 306 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 275

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    You have a very nice writing style. I remember enjoying your posts from your time in Africa. Bet your novel is going to be great!
    Thank you. I appreciate that. It may or may not ever get published but the process is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    That quote “The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat, or the sea.” -Isak Dinesen, from Seven Gothic Tales (Same dude who wrote Out of Africa) is the reason to live near the ocean/sea.

I aspire to that. Seriously. It's my dream to move south and to the coast... or just to the coast left or right at minimum.
    I want to be able to go out and sit on my own dock and drink coffee, and jump in my yak and paddle whenever, and catch the fishes and eat them for dinner.
    *dreams*

Also. Sex. Yeah... that stuff is important.
    I can't believe how many people underestimate this.
    I made husband pause the fights last night for a bit.
    15 years and we still got it.
    That quote is so true. And you and your hubs give me hope for longer term relationships. I have never managed anything past about four years at a stretch in my life.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Isak Dinesen was a woman -- Karen Blixen. That's just her pen name. She was one awesome lady. I saw both her home in africa and her home in denmark. it was very cool to see both homes. She was really amazing.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Isak Dinesen was a woman -- Karen Blixen. That's just her pen name. She was one awesome lady. I saw both her home in africa and her home in denmark. it was very cool to see both homes. She was really amazing.
    Well that is awesome.

While I've read Out of Africa, Seven Gothic Tales, and Winter's Tales... all in old vintage print versions, so no cover flap mentions of pen names or pictures... I never really dug into the author.
    Now I may feel like digging into more.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Interesting. I did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Well that is awesome.

While I've read Out of Africa, Seven Gothic Tales, and Winter's Tales... all in old vintage print versions, so no cover flap mentions of pen names or pictures... I never really dug into the author.
    Now I may feel like digging into more.
    Indeed.

I have been finding that I don't react well to wine these days. Not sure why, perhaps the sulfates? In any case on an internet trawl for alternative beverages, I ran across this place:Wines | Black Bear Winery which sells just about every kind of non-grape wine you could think of. Of course, I went and bought a bunch of them. So far the Dandelion Wine is amazing and I am presently sipping a glass of the Locust Blossom wine over ice.

Life is good.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Interesting. I did not know that.

Indeed.

I have been finding that I don't react well to wine these days. Not sure why, perhaps the sulfates? In any case on an internet trawl for alternative beverages, I ran across this place:Wines | Black Bear Winery which sells just about every kind of non-grape wine you could think of. Of course, I went and bought a bunch of them. So far the Dandelion Wine is amazing and I am presently sipping a glass of the Locust Blossom wine over ice.

Life is good.
    The organic wines here in Sonoma are excellent, no sulfates, I'll drop one or two bottle off for you next time I'm down your way.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    The organic wines here in Sonoma are excellent, no sulfates, I'll drop one or two bottle off for you next time I'm down your way.
    Sounds like a plan. Primal BBQ at my house.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i black-triangled the spammer for you.

i find that there are lots of things that are intolerable these days. like excessively noisy 4-5 yr olds. :P

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member

i find that there are lots of things that are intolerable these days. like excessively noisy 4-5 yr olds. :P
    4 and 5 year olds are why God made Benadryl and duct tape....

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    lol Doc me thinks I can hear the authorities calling!!

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, Zoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    4 and 5 year olds are why God made Benadryl and duct tape....
    No, it's why God made birth control.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    lol Doc me thinks I can hear the authorities calling!!
    Hah! Don't worry, Doc. We won't let them take you away.