Page 274 of 306 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 274

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow, the big 100 - that's so cool.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    that sounds like an awesome time (100th birthday!). cool to visit with long-time friends, too.

i have a long workshop that i'm attending this weekend -- postural patterning. i'm really psyched. Dh is coming too, and DS is spending a weekend with his friend.

winter is coming. pretty days, but chilly! we're still not using the heater, but we are wearing our layers!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Wow, the big 100 - that's so cool.
    And she is sharp as a tack at 100. A really nice lady.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    that sounds like an awesome time (100th birthday!). cool to visit with long-time friends, too.

i have a long workshop that i'm attending this weekend -- postural patterning. i'm really psyched. Dh is coming too, and DS is spending a weekend with his friend.
    winter is coming. pretty days, but chilly! we're still not using the heater, but we are wearing our layers!
    Oh good, you and the hubs are going to have a grownups only weekend.
    For us it is almost summer. Definitely sundress weather. I like my new place because it is right near the ocean (well the harbor) so it stays cool from the ocean breeze.

Paleobird Guest
    I can't express how wonderful I am feeling.

I am writing again.

It has been ages with my novel languishing in a file and not finding a way to take it forward. Stuck. The past several days, it feels like the novel is just writing itself. It's pouring out of my keyboard. I haven't felt like this in a couple of years.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    that's awesome!

workshop was great. we are so sore. working your posture is a *serious workout*. DS missed us, but had a good time with his friend.

i love living on the water -- it's amazing how . . . not to sound too woo-woo . . . "healing!" it feels.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

I am writing again.

It has been ages with my novel languishing in a file and not finding a way to take it forward. Stuck. The past several days, it feels like the novel is just writing itself. It's pouring out of my keyboard. I haven't felt like this in a couple of years.
    Sex on a regular basis, new life, past stresses behind you. Did I mention sex on a regular basis??
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

I am writing again.

Good for you! This is so awesome, and I am so happy for you!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    that's awesome!
    workshop was great. we are so sore. working your posture is a *serious workout*. DS missed us, but had a good time with his friend.
    i love living on the water -- it's amazing how . . . not to sound too woo-woo . . . "healing!" it feels.
    Oh, living near the water is the best. That's one of the things I love about my new place is all the seaside walking I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Sex on a regular basis, new life, past stresses behind you. Did I mention sex on a regular basis??
    Yep. All of those thing are contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    Good for you! This is so awesome, and I am so happy for you!
    Thank you, Kalli.

My novel, which is a semi autobiographical novel but written from the POV of my cat, was firmly stuck in the point of my life right before getting cancer. I hadn't found a way to deal with that in written form yet.

The guy who is back in my life now is the one who was there and went through that whole experience with me. Somehow, in addition to the great sex, having him around has unlocked something, like the puzzle pieces just kind of went "click" and fit together and I could see the whole picture.

Also I think getting settled in to my new place is helping give me a way of looking back and writing about things that happened without the emotions being overwhelming.

My cat passed away a couple of years ago so she is no longer available to do the narration but that has been taken over by the Wolf Cub.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    You have a very nice writing style. I remember enjoying your posts from your time in Africa. Bet your novel is going to be great!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    That quote “The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat, or the sea.” -Isak Dinesen, from Seven Gothic Tales (Same dude who wrote Out of Africa) is the reason to live near the ocean/sea.

I aspire to that. Seriously. It's my dream to move south and to the coast... or just to the coast left or right at minimum.
    I want to be able to go out and sit on my own dock and drink coffee, and jump in my yak and paddle whenever, and catch the fishes and eat them for dinner.
    *dreams*

Also. Sex. Yeah... that stuff is important.
    I can't believe how many people underestimate this.
    I made husband pause the fights last night for a bit.
    15 years and we still got it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.