Page 273 of 306 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 273

primal me is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Primal me, I think the books you mentioned were by Sandor Katz.
    Yes Paleobird, you are right. I have devoured both books and made two batches of pickles and really want to get started on yogurt and kefir. Also, my oldest son is looking to explore Japanese cooking and brought me a recipe for Miso soup that he would like to try. Might have to explore making miso ...

I like the turn this journal has taken, sex, steak and eggs. Not always what you expect in one of these journals but always good when both parties are enjoying the sex, steak and eggs Very primal, carry on! Won't be getting mine until DH returns next week. He makes really good steak ...
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Today was just a kefir and sex day for me... so there's that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

primal me is offline Member
    I wish there was a like button! I would "Like" these posts!
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    I agree with primal me. so often I really like a comment but don't have anything to contribute

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by primal me View Post
    I like the turn this journal has taken, sex, steak and eggs. Not always what you expect in one of these journals but always good when both parties are enjoying the sex, steak and eggs Very primal, carry on! Won't be getting mine until DH returns next week. He makes really good steak ...
    I like the turn my life has taken. I really think I'm falling for this guy. Must be the steak.....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I have to say that now that DH's gut is in order and he's so healthy, he's gotten his 'appetite" back. So now, we have to make sure that the kiddo is either deeply asleep or out with friends/sitters. But, it usually means that everything happens after the IF window closes! LOL

And, DS has had two over-night parties this year so far (he loves going over and spending the night with friends), and that's been fun. Because we usually break fast after having a good time.

DS's increased independence has been helpful to us!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I like the turn my life has taken. I really think I'm falling for this guy. Must be the steak.....
    lol.... uhhh huh.... He must have a helluva grill!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    You know how it is Doc... you can't really have one that is great without the other.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I have to say that now that DH's gut is in order and he's so healthy, he's gotten his 'appetite" back.
    DS's increased independence has been helpful to us!
    The last time I was with this guy, for about two thirds of our relationship I was either sick or recovering from cancer operations and chemo. Didn't do god things to my appetites and must have been frustrating for him.

And yes, I think it's nature's birth control, you are so tired, sleep deprived and lacking in privacy when you first have a kiddo, it is just about impossible to have another one too soon.

I'm glad you two are finding time (and appetites) for each other again.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    You know how it is Doc... you can't really have one that is great without the other.
    I do like a man who knows his meat.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have some very old and dear friends coming to stay with me through the weekend. They are a couple who used to live in Baja Mexico and for many years we had a summertime house swapping arrangement. She is a veterinarian and he is a psychologist. Educated, intelligent, articulate, just all around warm and caring people. I got my dog through her rescue shelter in Mexico so the Wolf Cub considers them to be and aunt and uncle.

The guy's mom lives here in San Diego and this weekend is having her 100th birthday party.