Page 268 of 306 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 268

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And also - I could live on kefir. Just so you know.

Got some more from my favourite crazy hippy kefir dude at the farmers' market today, and am having a hell of a time trying not to drink ALL OF IT. RIGHT NOW. Love it.

I should go back to making my own - much cheaper and then (dangerously) always on hand. But mine is never quite as delish as the crazy dude's stuff.

Robin, you should totally make your own. Hellz, if I can make it (and not poison myself), ANYONE can.

Random question without notice: When you talk about your "pint" of raw milk or kefir on this wacky but delicious sounding plan you're on, what is the actual volume of your pint (in metric terms)? Is that a 0.47 L (US pint, I think), or 0.57 L imperial pint? Enquiring minds need to know.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, it is 1043 here in AZ right now. What post time is showing up in the left corner of this post?
    Edit - strangly mine is showing 1050 O.o
    True but we're in the same time zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It should be showing your time zone, but if it doesn't, you might be able to change it in your profile settings for the forum.
    Oh, I don't need to change it, just curious is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Well, unless you cheerfully posted that question at 3.47 am today, I suspect it always shows the time zone of the reader and not the writer.
    Ah, someone from another hemisphere settles it. No, I was not posting at 3:47.

And also - I could live on kefir. Just so you know.
    Got some more from my favourite crazy hippy kefir dude at the farmers' market today, and am having a hell of a time trying not to drink ALL OF IT. RIGHT NOW. Love it.
    I should go back to making my own - much cheaper and then (dangerously) always on hand. But mine is never quite as delish as the crazy dude's stuff.
    Robin, you should totally make your own. Hellz, if I can make it (and not poison myself), ANYONE can.

Random question without notice: When you talk about your "pint" of raw milk or kefir on this wacky but delicious sounding plan you're on, what is the actual volume of your pint (in metric terms)? Is that a 0.47 L (US pint, I think), or 0.57 L imperial pint? Enquiring minds need to know.
    I'm sure I probably could. There is just some combination of trepidation and laziness that gets the better of me.

The pint that I am talking about is 16liquid ounces so that's the .47liter one by my handy dashboard calculator. Are "imperial pints" the kind the Brits use to get more beer per glass?

Paleobird Guest
    So, something weird happened this morning and I would appreciate all your wildest speculations because I am completely baffled.

I got on the scale and all 8 of the pounds I had lost are back.

Relevant data. Only thing I did differently yesterday, I didn't get around to my usual tbsp of butter and I had a red grapefruit. I also had some decaf coffee while out watching my SO have dinner.
    I feel puffy and one side of my face looks weird. The eye is all puffy as if I had been crying. But only on that one side.

Possibilites :
    inflammation due to a reaction to the milk
    inflammation due to some other factor like a reaction to the grapefruit, coffee with mold issues, quien sabe?

It's obviously water weight since it's impossible to gain 8lbs overnight (while only drinking milk and kefir)
    The digestive system has gone on holiday since Monday but why would the weight show up all at once like this?

Thought, suggestions, speculations all welcome.

I'm going to stay with the milk plan for another few days to see if this resolves itself.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Are "imperial pints" the kind the Brits use to get more beer per glass?
    Yes. And though we lost the war on milk, it now coming in 500ml and 1L bottles, beer and cider
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    ^I giggled Big LotR fan here.

I feel like your 8 lbs may just be an arbitrary amount (it's not "gained back", so to speak). It is likely inflammation, and I would tag it on to the grapefruit rather than the milk. Seems like it would make the most sense to just stay the course. You've been eating a pretty exclusive diet for a while now and I feel like fruits would not necessarily sit well immediately.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Yes. And though we lost the war on milk, it now coming in 500ml and 1L bottles, beer and cider.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^I giggled Big LotR fan here.

I feel like your 8 lbs may just be an arbitrary amount (it's not "gained back", so to speak). It is likely inflammation, and I would tag it on to the grapefruit rather than the milk. Seems like it would make the most sense to just stay the course. You've been eating a pretty exclusive diet for a while now and I feel like fruits would not necessarily sit well immediately.
    Yes, also this "plan" does include considerably more sugar than I am used to between the kombucha, the fruit, and the lactose.

I'm going to stick it out. I don't feel bad or anything. And I bought the supplies for a week so that goes til Monday. Then I will re-evaluate.

I wonder if anyone has ever done a kefir only diet (probably so, every wacky thing has been tried it seems). That would have the milk nutrition without so much sugar involved.

I do like the kombucha but I think it really isn't serving any purpose other than being yummy.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    I wish I could process dairy. I loooove kefir and I looooove cream. Living vicariously through you!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Sigi is offline Senior Member

I wonder if anyone has ever done a kefir only diet (probably so, every wacky thing has been tried it seems). That would have the milk nutrition without so much sugar involved.
    I may have to volunteer myself! All for science, of course.

I imagine your rebound is inflammation-related. I mean, overnight it could ONLY be water retention for whatever reason. Maybe a mild contact/allergic reaction to something (particularly given the eye problem is one-sided)? Were you outdoors, tumbling enthusiastically with your beau in possibly poisonous plants?

I hope it resolves very quickly.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    I wish I could process dairy. I loooove kefir and I looooove cream. Living vicariously through you!
    Have you tried raw milk or is it a casein problem?

I may have to volunteer myself! All for science, of course.

I imagine your rebound is inflammation-related. I mean, overnight it could ONLY be water retention for whatever reason. Maybe a mild contact/allergic reaction to something (particularly given the eye problem is one-sided)? Were you outdoors, tumbling enthusiastically with your beau in possibly poisonous plants?

I hope it resolves very quickly.
    There are a lot of things blooming around here right now but they didn't appear overnight. We were outdoors yesterday but not rolling around in poisonous plants. Nothing else changed in my environment that I can think of like laundry soap and such. I don't use much in the way of personal care products. I wash my hair with eggs, coconut oil occasionally for a lotion, baking soda to brush my teeth.

Normally I'm not super sensitive to things like flowers but chemical stuff does bug me. I have to hold my breath to go down the soap aisle at the grocery store. My eye feels all irritated and scratchy. Weird.

I was thinking that the decaf coffee I had yesterday didn't taste very good. Maybe it was really that nasty powdered Sanka stuff. I had several cups just to occupy myself while my SO had his dinner. Hmmm.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have you tried raw milk or is it a casein problem?
    Casein, sadly. Very, very sadly.

I was thinking that the decaf coffee I had yesterday didn't taste very good. Maybe it was really that nasty powdered Sanka stuff. I had several cups just to occupy myself while my SO had his dinner. Hmmm.
    I think some instant and flavored coffees have gluten in them. :-/
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23