Page 267 of 306 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 267

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It all boils down to who has the right to tell us what to do with our bodies. If I want to lop off my breasts or ears or lips for no apparent reason, and I can afford it, should some politician or political entity tell me not to do so? And when there is a reason, the politicians should really stand down, as should anyone who isn't me.

Women, contrary to what some believe, are really smart about their bodies. In my experience, women know more about reproduction, sexual gratification, illness, aging, etc., than the average man. Most politicians are dicks. Laws are written by politicians. My message to politicians: Stay the f*** out of my body, and I'll stay out of yours.

As to the originator of that thread - dude makes me feel like the poster child for good mental health.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Paleobird Guest
    Isn't it strange though how conservative types are all for "get government off our backs" unless it is about intruding into someone else's life and dictating their morality as to whom to marry or the right to decide what goes on in your own body or even when to end your life with dignity.
    Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

And yes, Perfidy needs the guys with the butterfly nets to come get him. <"They're coming to take me away, haha, to the happy home where life is beautiful all the time......">

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Did you notice how serious I took his thread on feminism?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Did you notice how serious I took his thread on feminism?
    pfffttt!

Once again I have only had two pints of milk, one of kefir and one of kombucha and it is bed time and I feel totally stuffed.

G'night all.

Moooooo!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Isn't it strange though how conservative types are all for "get government off our backs" unless it is about intruding into someone else's life and dictating their morality as to whom to marry or the right to decide what goes on in your own body or even when to end your life with dignity.
    Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Well, much like the liberal types who are all "keep your hands off my body" but have no issue taking more and more of the pay you earned with said body. That said, I am one of those conservative types that wants to government out off my back, out of my morals, and out of my wallet. As for who marries who, I don't care as long as there is an open bar
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, much like the liberal types who are all "keep your hands off my body" but have no issue taking more and more of the pay you earned with said body. That said, I am one of those conservative types that wants to government out off my back, out of my morals, and out of my wallet. As for who marries who, I don't care as long as there is an open bar
    ^5 the open bar!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I don't care as long as there is an open bar
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    ^5 the open bar!
    Ah, the party animals are up early I see.

Question. When the time stamp appears on the top left corner of the post, is that adjusted for time zone? Like did doc post that at 8:50am my time or Virginia time? Just curious how the system works.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Well, it is 1043 here in AZ right now. What post time is showing up in the left corner of this post?

Edit - strangly mine is showing 1050 O.o
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    It should be showing your time zone, but if it doesn't, you might be able to change it in your profile settings for the forum.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

Question. When the time stamp appears on the top left corner of the post, is that adjusted for time zone? Like did doc post that at 8:50am my time or Virginia time? Just curious how the system works.
    Well, unless you cheerfully posted that question at 3.47 am today, I suspect it always shows the time zone of the reader and not the writer.
    Last edited by Sigi; 05-18-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde