Page 266 of 306 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 266

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Meanwhile on the milk front (has anyone noticed the irony that we are talking about boobs and milk?)

I lost another pound. That's 8lbs in 3 days

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    It makes a lot of sense, but I think much of it comes down to medical ethics. Sadly, there are people out there who will blindly follow celebrities. "Oh, I don't have the gene? Well, Angelina did it so sign me up anyway!" It comes down to doctors saying, "Hell no." It's when it becomes a money maker for those involved that things swing from useful to insane. I can see a budding industry of cancer prevention becomes cosmetic surgery cash cow.
    Any person who would do that just because a celebrity did is stupid enough that they almost deserve to get their boobs hacked off and any doctor who would do that deserves to lose his/her license.

Although people can and do elect to have all kinds of weird body modifications. Everything from huge piercings to tats to scarification to facelifts. There will always be a doctor unscrupulous enough to fill someones psychological needs however twisted. It is your body, ultimately, to do with whatever you want.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Meanwhile on the milk front (has anyone noticed the irony that we are talking about boobs and milk?)

I lost another pound. That's 8lbs in 3 days
    I am curious if you are tracking losses in measurements or noticing where this poundage appears to be coming from.

I have access to raw milk if I make the trek some weekend and really want ot try it. I figure I can always turn it into yogurt and give it to my parents if it doesn't agree with me. Is it weird that I'd trust yogurt from raw milk more than yogurt from store-bought milk? They say to heat milk to 180F first to kill off bacteria, then cool to 110 and mix in your starter, but with raw milk, it's better to just heat to the incubation temperature of 110F, then mix in your starter and let it set. You keep some of the beneficial bacteria that way. I wouldn't feel so brave only heating store-bought milk, even from a local brand, to 110.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 Guest
    Any person who would do that just because a celebrity did is stupid enough that they almost deserve to get their boobs hacked off and any doctor who would do that deserves to lose his/her license.

Although people can and do elect to have all kinds of weird body modifications. Everything from huge piercings to tats to scarification to facelifts. There will always be a doctor unscrupulous enough to fill someones psychological needs however twisted. It is your body, ultimately, to do with whatever you want.
    Very true as far as the idiots and unscrupulous individuals are concerned. As for your last sentence, well, it simply is not true (though perhaps it should be). In most places in America you are not free to use your body for prostitution, to have someone assist you in commiting suicide (even self-attempted suicide is illegal in many places), nor are you permitted to sell your organs. We have a long way to go before our bodies are truely ours to do with as we will.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I am curious if you are tracking losses in measurements or noticing where this poundage appears to be coming from.

I have access to raw milk if I make the trek some weekend and really want ot try it. I figure I can always turn it into yogurt and give it to my parents if it doesn't agree with me. Is it weird that I'd trust yogurt from raw milk more than yogurt from store-bought milk? They say to heat milk to 180F first to kill off bacteria, then cool to 110 and mix in your starter, but with raw milk, it's better to just heat to the incubation temperature of 110F, then mix in your starter and let it set. You keep some of the beneficial bacteria that way. I wouldn't feel so brave only heating store-bought milk, even from a local brand, to 110.
    I haven't taken any measurements yet but my stomach looks noticeably flatter.

According to what I've been reading, kefir actually has more beneficial strains of bacteria in it than yogurt because it is not heated at all. It's just done at room temp.

Very true as far as the idiots and unscrupulous individuals are concerned. As for your last sentence, well, it simply is not true (though perhaps it should be). In most places in America you are not free to use your body for prostitution, to have someone assist you in commiting suicide (even self-attempted suicide is illegal in many places), nor are you permitted to sell your organs. We have a long way to go before our bodies are truely ours to do with as we will.
    True. I just meant that wrt body modifications/enhancements.

canio6 Guest
    True. I just meant that wrt body modifications/enhancements.
    I can't argue with that. (dammit)

Paleobird Guest
    I can't argue with that. (dammit)
    I know, I understand, you don't really love me. You just check in with my journal when there are boobs involved.

canio6 Guest
    I know, I understand, you don't really love me. You just check in with my journal when there are boobs involved.
    Psh, boobs are the least of the reasons why I love you.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

Heyyyy...
    I make raw milk yogurt.
    And no, I don't heat it to kill a damned thing.
    It is a little different process, and the result is a little different... but I like it.
    Also, to make a thicker "raw" milk yogurt you can cheat and use half heated milk that has been cooled and half non-heated milk.
    That way you get the thickness from the change in proteins, and the extra good bacteria from the raw. Also bumping up the protein with organic milk powder can make it thicker, and bumping up the cream level is OF COURSE always a good idea IMO.

Also you have to make your starter culture with pasteurized milk. I just use store bought organic for that since it's cheaper than my raw stuff. This is because the bacteria in the raw will compete with the bacteria strains in the starter culture...

Also, Mesophilic cultures.
    I verily sing their praises!
    Just like kefir, NO HEAT required. Yummmmmmmmmmmm!

By eating a wide variety of meso yogurts, and thermo yogurt, AND kefir... you get ALL the bugs.
    Hooray bugs!
    I posted all of that stuff in more detail the "milk fast" thread, plus links.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Psh, boobs are the least of the reasons why I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Heyyyy...
    I make raw milk yogurt.
    And no, I don't heat it to kill a damned thing.
    It is a little different process, and the result is a little different... but I like it.
    Also, to make a thicker "raw" milk yogurt you can cheat and use half heated milk that has been cooled and half non-heated milk.
    That way you get the thickness from the change in proteins, and the extra good bacteria from the raw. Also bumping up the protein with organic milk powder can make it thicker, and bumping up the cream level is OF COURSE always a good idea IMO.

Also you have to make your starter culture with pasteurized milk. I just use store bought organic for that since it's cheaper than my raw stuff. This is because the bacteria in the raw will compete with the bacteria strains in the starter culture...

Also, Mesophilic cultures.
    I verily sing their praises!
    Just like kefir, NO HEAT required. Yummmmmmmmmmmm!

By eating a wide variety of meso yogurts, and thermo yogurt, AND kefir... you get ALL the bugs.
    Hooray bugs!
    I posted all of that stuff in more detail the "milk fast" thread, plus links.
    Thank you. Veeeerrrry interesting.