Page 259 of 306 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 259

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Also...
    I found the answer to why DB is like he is...
    He was raised Catholic.
    Hooray for repression and brainwashing!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Are you familiar with Alone of All Her Sex? Basic premise: as worship/deification of the the Virgin increases, the status of real women decreases. He's a walking, talking embodiment, I imagine.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I once hung out at a forum where the moderator was completely hands off. Anyone could post and they could post anything they wanted. Amazingly, though there was occasionally a huge blow up, it really wasn't much different from moderated boards. Wingnuts, mostly of the bible thumping variety - it was generally funny for a short time. Oddly enough, after a few years he handed the board over to a heavy handed moderator and it basically turned into a knitting circle.

For the first 19 years of my life I lived in NY and was exposed to a lot of Catholics and Jews. I was raised Catholic and my second husband was Jewish. I really don't remember any of the crackpot fanaticism I sometimes see online. Here in New Orleans, there are a lot of Catholics also. It's no big deal, except maybe, "My church is bigger than yours." IOW, no matter what the religion, there are always going to be crackpots who take from its teachings what they need to feel justified in their hate. Online, they get to spew that without recourse.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    There is no one quite like David Brennan, thank goodness. There are a fair few oddities, but then I suppose I too am an oddity.
    Yes, but you're odd in a nice way.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Meh... there is a big difference in being odd, and being "THE WHOLE WORLD MUST BE JUST LIKE ME" Odd.
    Exactly. He's odd in an aggressive and argumentative way.

Paleobird Guest
    Also...
    I found the answer to why DB is like he is...
    He was raised Catholic.
    Hooray for repression and brainwashing!
    This goes a long way toward explaining a lot about him. You could almost start to feel sorry for the poor guy. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Are you familiar with Alone of All Her Sex? Basic premise: as worship/deification of the the Virgin increases, the status of real women decreases. He's a walking, talking embodiment, I imagine.
    Interesting. I shall have to read that.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I once hung out at a forum where the moderator was completely hands off. Anyone could post and they could post anything they wanted. Amazingly, though there was occasionally a huge blow up, it really wasn't much different from moderated boards. Wingnuts, mostly of the bible thumping variety - it was generally funny for a short time. Oddly enough, after a few years he handed the board over to a heavy handed moderator and it basically turned into a knitting circle.

For the first 19 years of my life I lived in NY and was exposed to a lot of Catholics and Jews. I was raised Catholic and my second husband was Jewish. I really don't remember any of the crackpot fanaticism I sometimes see online. Here in New Orleans, there are a lot of Catholics also. It's no big deal, except maybe, "My church is bigger than yours." IOW, no matter what the religion, there are always going to be crackpots who take from its teachings what they need to feel justified in their hate. Online, they get to spew that without recourse.
    And then there are the New Age Atlantean crackpots like fierce spewing that particular brand of "taking it to an extreme" around.

I really think Brennan should be banned though. He has crossed the line many times in terms of aggressively vulgar language. By that I mean directing vulgarities AT people. (As opposed to just calling his boss an a$$hole.)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Grumpycakes suggested that everyone of those direct attacks on women was a joke...
    Umm. No.
    One thing DB has been in every single thread he has started has been extremely consistent in his hate speech towards women in particular.

Someone has reported DB though.
    They admitted they did it in the "don't report DB thread".
    And it was for the language in those direct attacks.

I used to rather like provoking the guy... however since he moved to the "just get out of my thread" mode, he isn't as much fun.
    Seems due to my having a vagina he won't even answer an on topic question.

At least Fierce always has something new and interesting to bring up. Atlanteans via reincarnated Bacon, Purple Flames of Woo, Flower Essence... It's fun.

Ultra misogyny Madonna/whore complex ad infinitum with an extra dose of cavernous c**t slut shaming... well, it gets dull after a bit.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-12-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    The mods are rarely active on weekends. We'll see what happens on Monday, I guess.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Paleobird Guest
    Grumpycakes suggested that everyone of those direct attacks on women was a joke...
    Umm. No.
    One thing DB has been in every single thread he has started has been extremely consistent in his hate speech towards women in particular.

Someone has reported DB though.
    They admitted they did it in the "don't report DB thread".
    And it was for the language in those direct attacks.

I used to rather like provoking the guy... however since he moved to the "just get out of my thread" mode, he isn't as much fun.
    Seems due to my having a vagina he won't even answer an on topic question.

At least Fierce always has something new and interesting to bring up. Atlanteans via reincarnated Bacon, Purple Flames of Woo, Flower Essence... It's fun.

Ultra misogyny Madonna/whore complex ad infinitum with an extra dose of cavernous c**t slut shaming... well, it gets dull after a bit.
    I think we should start a band called the Cavernous Cunts. Kinda has a ring to it doncha think?

And Grumpycakes would see such spitefulness and blame it on the target. Par for his course. He's got a problem with XX folks as well.

DB, in addition to being massively twisted when it comes to sexuality, is also a flaming racist. He keeps referring to neighborhoods that were once nice but are now different as "solid middle class WHITE neighborhoods". Not cool. Not welcome here I hope.

I reported him several times and I don't care who knows that. (For the record, I never once reported Darth, even though I got blamed by some for his getting banned.)

And Fierce is funny until she (weighing an anorexic 100lbs wringing wet) starts berating anyone who is having trouble losing weight for their gluttony and sloth. Sure, it's easy to lose weight. Just develop an ED. Solves everything.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    The mods are rarely active on weekends. We'll see what happens on Monday, I guess.
    Yep, by Monday it may all have died down naturally. As cori said, it stopped being fun a while back.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It was meee. But I didn't realise it was one report and you're out. I just thought he needed the 'listen, sonny' chat. Perhaps from a MALE mod.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.