Page 256 of 306 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 256

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    that you just have so many women throwing their panties at you that don't know what to do with all of them?
    Step 1: Wash them in a gentle cycle with cold water and an unscented detergent. Tumble dry.
    Step 2: Take them to your favorite charity which accepts donations of clothing.
    Step 3: Feel good about yourself.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Paleobird Guest
    Step 4 : Go back to the monastery and pray. Really hard.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Are you saying you've joined a monastery or that you just have so many women throwing their panties at you that don't know what to do with all of them?
    Not trying to blow my own horn or anything, but I've never had any problems attracting women at all. But, that isn't really what I meant, I'm just not concerned about what anyone thinks of me. If someone ruled me out because of smoking, that's on them, not me.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    To clarify my statement (becuase i knew you didn't have kids and wasn't saying anything about that per se), is that my life had a very different pace before I had my son.

I was 32 when I had my son. Years were neither long nor short. They passed at a comfortable pace, and it seemed to me that they would continue in that way. I grant that years *were* speeding up, but they weren't extremely fast.

For me now, a year is extremely fast. The first year with DS is basically a complete blur, and then every year since then runs together. the last 5 years have felt like 1 of my pre-child years.

I don't know, but I think that time does speed up no matter what, but kids might also double that.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Not trying to blow my own horn or anything, but I've never had any problems attracting women at all. But, that isn't really what I meant, I'm just not concerned about what anyone thinks of me. If someone ruled me out because of smoking, that's on them, not me.
    The only thing that is "on them" is not getting cancer from second hand smoke. The danger of second hand smoke is real. In addition to tasting and smelling gross.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I don't know, but I think that time does speed up no matter what, but kids might also double that.
    That's a scary thought. Maybe it's the caring for others part that affects it. It seemed like the time flew by when I was taking care of my Dad but now it has settled down to just fast as opposed to crazy fast.

The only thing that is "on them" is not getting cancer from second hand smoke. The danger of second hand smoke is real. In addition to tasting and smelling gross.
    That's fine, I wouldn't want to be around anyone neurotic anyway. Humans evolved around fire, people breathe in much more harmful things on a daily basis(diesel exhaust, coal, etc) and you're telling me it's perfectly normal for a person to worry about one person's passive cigarette smoke?

Nope, that's called being neurotic. Also, as for taste and smell: not one person has complained to me yet. You're projecting your personal opinion on the entire human race, it's pretty arrogant.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 05-10-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    For some unfathomable reason, Derpy, I really care about you, even when you are being a twit. Please read up before lighting up if you care one bit about those around you.

Secondhand Smoke Kills 42,000 Nonsmokers a Year in US | LiveScience

CDC - Fact Sheet - Secondhand Smoke Facts - Smoking & Tobacco Use

WHO | 10 facts on second-hand smoke

CDC - Fact Sheet - Tobacco-Related Mortality - Smoking & Tobacco Use

badgergirl is online now Senior Member

correlation =/= causation, once again.

Scientific Evidence Shows Secondhand Smoke Is No Danger | Heartlander Magazine

I don't smoke around non-smokers, courtesy and whatnot. Strangers anyway, I don't know them, they tend to get uptight, and it's a little rude if there is wind and they get smoke in the face. Most of my friends don't mind at all though.

Paleobird Guest
    The connections between Heartland and Philip-Morris are many and well documented. Roy E. Marden is a former member of Heartland's board of directors, and was until May 2003 the manager of industry affairs for the Philip Morris (PM) tobacco company. His responsibilities included "managing company responses to key public policy issues," which he accomplished by "directing corporate involvement with public policy organizations to determine philanthropic support thereto." Or in other words, which public relations orgs. industry (read as "Philip-Morris" et al) will send money to so they can produce the garbage corporate propaganda.

So, one Heartland article against the scientific consensus. Grow up, Derp.