Page 251 of 306 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 251

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    G, you're such a cutey pie. Bald or hairy, you're my gal.

I have issues with hair. I don't know why. When I was young, I saw a movie called "Caged." It was a prison movie and the woman had her head forcefully shaved. I almost vomited. Really. The good news is that I still have a lot of hair per square inch even though I'm closer to 60 than any other zero birthday (thank you Grandma genes), and only my temples are grey. I also wear it as long as it will grow. Almost always have.

Men, whatever. Fifteen minutes after I meet one, I forget what he looks like, and his "rap" is all I know. Funny and/or smart beat out whatever deficits in looks every time. I had a lover once that was so homely that my mother called us Beauty and the Beast. But man, could he talk. Not that bald is a deficit, but if it were, I wouldn't know it once the man started talking.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I agree in that with some people it wouldn't matter if they were wearing a clown wig, they'd be attractive regardless; they're that charismatic. It's more the exception, rather than the rule though, especially lately.

And, yeah, Gwamma is chill as hell. My gwamma was cool like her too!
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    G, you're such a cutey pie. Bald or hairy, you're my gal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    And, yeah, Gwamma is chill as hell. My gwamma was cool like her too!

hahahahahahaha - I don't think that I would look THAT cool with pendulous breasts and no hair on the back of my head !!!!!!!

................... and sorry PB - Gwamma is at it again...........raping and pilaging others threads...................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    so is there hope for Gwamma or should I shave it all off now !!!!!!!!!

Male pattern baldness is inherited through the maternal genes, so it depends...Mother's mother, or Father's mother?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I just don't understand people pining all of their self esteem on an outward feature(s) like that.
    Does there need to be a "cure" for small boobs too?
    It's a self esteem issue, not a disease.
    I say the real problem should be dealt with.
    The one INSIDE the head
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    So do you think the same about female baldness? Im sure there are a few people who like that look but 99.9% of women losing their hair would freak out. What say you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I will say that lots of people are already getting over it - both those who have hair loss and those who have to look at them. Some chemo gals are already showing the courage to go wig- and scarf less at times, not to mention some with total alopecia.
    My Picture the cue ball.jpg
    I wish people could argue without resorting to fallacies and overly opinionated paragraphs.

And now having hair or liking it is considered desperately clinging on to youth or immature? Wtf. What I really want to say is rude, so I thought twice about it, but just wtf.
    This is the very image of maturity and class:
    http://i.imgur.com/DbOMSBR.jpg
    You would never resort to fallacies or overly opinionated paragraphs would you, Derp?
    No, liking hair is not desperately clinging to youth. Being unable to deal with the absence of hair and running around buying lotions potions, plug and rugs is desperate.
    And that guy in your link is your idea of maturity and class? Ohhkaaaay. He is all of about 32 and he has a cigarette stuck in his face. Yuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Men, whatever. Fifteen minutes after I meet one, I forget what he looks like, and his "rap" is all I know. Funny and/or smart beat out whatever deficits in looks every time. I had a lover once that was so homely that my mother called us Beauty and the Beast. But man, could he talk. Not that bald is a deficit, but if it were, I wouldn't know it once the man started talking.
    Exactly. All the beautiful faces and bodies in the world will grow old eventually. Good conversation does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You would never resort to fallacies or overly opinionated paragraphs would you, Derp?
    No, liking hair is not desperately clinging to youth. Being unable to deal with the absence of hair and running around buying lotions potions, plug and rugs is desperate.
    And that guy in your link is your idea of maturity and class? Ohhkaaaay. He is all of about 32 and he has a cigarette stuck in his face. Yuck.
    Jon Hamm is actually 42(see how your perception of age sucks), and no, I haven't in this entire thread. I also already said that before in this thread, there is no sense in hiding what you don't even have, because it shows insecurity.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    My aunt had to have the entire top of her scalp removed a couple of years ago due to a nasty form of malignant melanoma that runs in her family(her father died of the same cancer).
    She still has a ring of hair, but a very bald and scarred top. She has to cover herself very well out of doors of course... hello, melanoma... and her fight is not over yet, but in doors she does not cover and will not.
    She says she has no reason to... she is comfortable with it, it doesn't bother her, and she sees no reason to cover the skin on her head just to make others comfortable.

I also have a friend who has really thin hair due to Hashi's... she got divorced a few years ago, but is outgoing and dates(some hot guys I might add) and the hair thing isn't an issue. And by isn't an issue, I mean we have girl talked every single thing you van possibly imagine in total cry in the wine fashion... it would have come up! And if she will be dramatic and nitpick some of the things in her life, and just say "whatever" about her hair, it's really whatever. The Hashi's has other reasons to be fixed other than hairloss... seriously.

I don't equate a suit with "classy".
    The guy in that particular suit loos more like a jerk who probably smells bad (IME).
    Anybody with cash can buy a well fitted suit, even a woman.
    Annie Lennox has rocked a fine suit or two!
    Bald men look great in well fitted suits.
    IMO actions = classy, NOT clothing, status, wealth, hair = classy
    For instance, a beautiful young actress wearing a designer gown worth thousands... classy?
    Maybe... that depends on how she acts.
    Does she get wasted drunk, fall all over cursing, and vomit on someones shoes. Not classy.
    Shows the world her vagina getting out of the car. Not classy.

On this issue we will just have to agree to disagree.
    Nothing anyone ever says will ever convince me that a human not having some hair on their head makes them less somehow or disables them in any fashion except in their own mind.
    I really believe in the concept of owning who you are and not worrying about the messages the media and culture send you about who you are "supposed to be".
    I stopped drinking that kool-aid long ago... and I really wish others would do themselves a favor and do the same.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I don't get it. Your hair is a part of who you are, what's wrong with taking care of yourself and wanting to look at your best? Most people here diet because of vanity reasons. There is being controlled by your image, and then there is actually being your image. They're two different things in my opinion. I don't give a shit if someone doesn't like how I dress, how I style my hair, how I walk, talk, etc; because it's who I am, I don't hide it. If I were to lose my hair, it'd be like losing a piece of me, and I imagine this is how a lot of people feel. How we handle it is different, and it does take a significant amount of courage to still go out with a smile on your face and face the day with confidence. This much is admirable. But, to say hair is meaningless is just wrong.

Also, I don't buy into media propaganda whatsoever, and my style shows that. I'm always far off mainstream trends, at least, that's how it is where I live.

And lol @ all those assumptions about a guy in a picture. That shows a lot of insecurity itself and someone with a clear bias and an agenda. For someone who preaches about acceptance and being yourself you sure do throw out a lot of insults.

PS: No one is arguing that class doesn't depend on how one acts, though, given your response over a picture I tend to second guess yours. No offense.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 05-07-2013 at 06:56 PM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    And IMO it's just as normal to lose hair as it is to go gray and get wrinkles... it's part of life.

70% of men have MPB, that seems pretty darn normal.
    And it doesn't affect their ability to function normally in the world one iota.

You feel like your hair is part of your absolute identity.
    *shrug*
    Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    And just two different opinions on the matter.

Did you know that one of the reasons that fully haired is valued over bald is because is because it's more rare.
    Just like light colored eyes, and blonde hair.
    It's a trick.
    Just like in cultures where people are mostly very thin because of poverty/famine people with money want to be fat.
    (yes, those cultures still exist...)
    And in America where now the poor are fat, pale, and and sedentary the rich/well off seek to be very thin or toned and tanned.
    This happen long ago as well with the rich people wanting to be ultra white and plump, because only peasants were browned from the sun and fit from working.
    Enculturation at work...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Jon Hamm is actually 42(see how your perception of age sucks), and no, I haven't in this entire thread.
    Couldn't see his face through the smoke. You think you haven't spouted fallacies and opinionated paragraphs? Really? (see how your perception of reality sucks?)
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    The guy in that particular suit looks more like a jerk who probably smells bad (IME).
    Cig smoke stinks and tastes bad. Not sexy at all.