Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 250

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    "Ask any man"... that's funny. I have.
    I live with a family full of bald men.
    I'm married to a bald man.
    They are fine.
    They are happy. They don't stare longingly into mirrors and curse the gods!!!
    Are their lots of guys out there crying... sure. But there are even more who are happy and fine.
    It's like reading only the negative reviews on a product when you search out those forums.
    People complain very loudly when they are unhappy... but there could be 1000's of completly satisfied and happy people for every one unhappy who is complaining, grasping at straws, and pinning their happiness on something so trivial. You have to remember that. Buy looking into specific places for the people who are unhappy you get a skewed perspective of how "all men" feel. Happy balding men are not wasting their time going to hair forums...

Men who are insecure about their baldness are just that.
    Insecure.
    (I've been around some of those too... both with and without hair. Ick. Insecurity is not attractive. This is one of biggest issue with balding guys that they blame on their hair. They are insecure, it shows in their personality, they telegraph it to the world... that's why they feel bad and they don't have the successful interactions with people that they want to, then they blame their lack of hair and feel worse about themselves/the hair issue. It's crap. It's kind of like girls with Body Dismorphic Disorder needing to learn to love themselves. )
    They are basing their lives on the wrong things... mostly outward appearance and the approval of others instead of mostly inner character and love of self.
    If people don't like you for who you are, you already lost the game IMO... and my bald husbands.
    Or in his words... "who gives a shit". LOL
    Women still give him their phone numbers even though he's 41, bald and seriously graying, a little over weight, and married.
    Why? Because he's very confidant, social, kind, and happy... you can see it in his smile.
    ^^That's what matters; not so much the hair.

Also... what's wrong with Jason Alexander?
    Other than that ridiculous pose... obviously.
    When do we ever meet someone posed as awkwardly as possible on a divan in their jockey shorts?
    He could use to lose some weight/probably needs to clean up his diet, but I don't think he is unattractive because he is bald.
    Awkward/unattractive looks are awkward regardless of the hair situation.
    I don't think Jason Alexander fits that bill.
    If I was single, I'd give this guy a call if I met him and we chatted/exchanged numbers.

Friendly... outgoing... funny... confident. Yeah. And cute too.
    Not my "ideal super sexy" but nobody is perfect.

BTW
    Bruce Willis is just gross... that has nothing to do with his hairline.
    Jason Statham... meh.
    He doesn't really fit my bill either.
    Michael Chiklis does though, so there is that.
    Hollywood is tragically bereft of men I find really attractive...
    There are always the ladies though!
    You asked a family of older bald men who have already accepted it years ago if they're fine with it... And this is exactly the response I was expecting to get, too, because you always have to be right, even about opinions of men. Is it superficial? Likely. But, to say people aren't cruel about it is just wrong. Yes, at that point you just have to "not give a shit", but most men don't feel that way in the beginning stages.

Now, let me put it this way:

Hypothetically, say, they create a 100% cure for male pattern baldness that is affordable and with no sides, how many bald men do you think we'd honestly have? Practically none. Skinheads maybe? And I don't count buzzcuts, because there is still hair there. And, if after the cure, they still want to take a bic to their head, that's cool, that's their choice. And that's the difference: choice.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I don't have anything to add, really, but I like Bruce Willis AND Jason Statham.

And you can't deny the adorable (and totally old-man-hotness) of Sir Patrick Stewart.

BTW, that picture was originally on his Twitter feed. Yes, there is fancy coffee foam on his nose.

He's my dad's hair-idol. My dad started balding by 30, his dad started balding in his 20's. He's been rocking a 'stache since his college years (guess it's a heritage thing, his dad was from the Ukraine and big moustaches were a thing).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm...Patrick Stewart! Come closer, let me take care of that for you.

Paleobird Guest
    Yeah, Derp, I think the whole hair=sexy thing kind of falls apart when you get past your youth and get to the more mature versions of sexy (e.g. Patrick Stewart).

Both the men and the women who appreciate them need to get past the whole desperately clinging to youth stage first.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Yes! Patrick Stewart... who just married a 20something, the old lech! Good for him.

My brother had the thickest hair of his life at about 16 or 17... was receding noticably by the time he graduated high school.
    He never had "hair envy".
    But whatever.

I just don't understand people pining all of their self esteem on an outward feature(s) like that.
    Does there need to be a "cure" for small boobs too?
    Do you have any idea the number of young ladies out there that are unhappy with their natural boob size, and plastic surgery is not really a good option since you many need many follow up surgeries/risks.
    So obviously we need to find a way to make it easy/safe/no side effects for women to have bigger boobs. Because then they can all have big boobs, because the perception is that bigger boobs are better/more liked.
    No.
    It's a self esteem issue, not a disease.
    I say the real problem should be dealt with.
    The one INSIDE the head.

And the people are cruel therefore argument, really?
    People are cruel about all sorts of things... because some people are just that, cruel ass hats.
    People should stop basing so much of what they do in regards to their appearance on what other people think, people that don't even have any actual MEANING in their lives.

The truth is... there will always be something about you that someone else doesn't like.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Zach is offline Banned
    So do you think the same about female baldness? Im sure there are a few people who like that look but 99.9% of women losing their hair would freak out.

What say you?

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    So do you think the same about female baldness? Im sure there are a few people who like that look but 99.9% of women losing their hair would freak out.

What say you?
    I will say that lots of people are already getting over it - both those who have hair loss and those who have to look at them. Some chemo gals are already showing the courage to go wig- and scarf less at times, not to mention some with total alopecia. If I went bald tomorrow, it would take a bit for me to get used to it, very true - but I have been through one major hair transition already, along with the people who are forced to take in my appearance, and if we all here can get over it rather quickly, methinks the rest of society will follow, given a few more hardy women who refuse to let something out of their control define them or their femininity.

Extend an organic facial to cover the whole head, so I would have healthy skin all over, add a temporary tattoo or a funky wreath-thingy, and I would so totally be ready to go.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Funny you mention Patrick Stewart, because he had the worst problem letting go of his hair. Even used wigs, and combovers. It's his charming personality that gives him his real appeal.

Patrick Stewart interview - Parkinson - BBC - YouTube

The root of the problem is the same, the hair loss is what causes all those issues. We, as human beings, are meant to have hair. It's unnatural not to, ergo this is a genetic mutation and a disease that should not be. It hasn't even been in the genepool that long.

Genetically, it's the bodies inability to handle various hormones and do the right things with them. There are lots of theories about hairloss and its vast causes(prolactin, estrogen, dht, stress, hypothyroidism, calcification and low blood circulation) all of these seem to be connected, but only one is really proven and that's androgen strangulation on hair follicles.

I wish people could argue without resorting to fallacies and overly opinionated paragraphs. There is nothing remotely the same about hair loss and shapes and sizes of people. All things come in various shapes and sizes, there is nothing abnormal about that. There is something abnormal about an abnormality in the body that doesn't allow you to function properly.

If a dog was hairless it would be alarming and deemed hideous. Men being hairless is seen as OK, or even attractive, is just the result of a long time of social conditioning and being used to it. Neither one is normal.

And now having hair or liking it is considered desperately clinging on to youth or immature? Wtf. What I really want to say is rude, so I thought twice about it, but just wtf.

This is the very image of maturity and class:

http://i.imgur.com/DbOMSBR.jpg
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

What say you?
    okay Gwamma is just gonna pop in here...................My Grandmother had a huge bald area down the back of her head. I am talking HUGE................Why I do not know. She had really long hair each side and would wrap the hair around the back of the head to hide it. I really don't know much about Grandmother except that she would bath with us and had these really pendulous breasts - eeeewwww yuck said me and my 6 siblings !!!!!!!!!!!
    so is there hope for Gwamma or should I shave it all off now !!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    OMG Gwamma...You kill me.