Page 248 of 306 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 248

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, combovers are pathetic, you're not hiding anything, so why try?

MPB is an unfortunate genetic disease, and I honestly feel really bad for those who get it. True MPB is, I believe, incurable right now, and very aggressive and fast spreading. Maybe in like 10 years when PGD2 inhibitors hit there will be something to at least stop it and help maintain hair with some regrowth alongside fin, keto and minoxidil.

(I love my hair)
    nihil

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Umm... dude. Wut?

I don't see baldness as a disease.
    I see it as variety.

That's a little like blue/green eyed people saying brown eyes are a disease because more people prefer light ones.
    Or men who prefer all women to be smooth and hairless(neck down) women seeing "excess" natural hair below the chin as a disease. Some women are just more hirsute than others. It doesn't mean she needs drugs...

Variety!

It makes the world a more beautiful place.
    There is someone for everyone.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Umm... dude. Wut?

I don't see baldness as a disease.
    I see it as variety.

That's a little like blue/green eyed people saying brown eyes are a disease because more people prefer light ones.
    Or men who prefer all women to be smooth and hairless(neck down) women seeing "excess" natural hair below the chin as a disease. Some women are just more hirsute than others. It doesn't mean she needs drugs...

Variety!

It makes the world a more beautiful place.
    There is someone for everyone.
    No offense, but it's far from variety, shaving your head is variety, being unable to grow hair at all is a side effect of a genetic mutation. I admire your attempt to sugar coat everything though, but lets call it what it is.

Hair on your neck is just something natural that white guys of certain descent usually have
    nihil

It's not sugar coating... it's a valid opinion.

You "love" your hair and would prefer all men to have hair for some reason.

I have always liked bald men as far back as I can remember.
    Not just shaven, but actually balding and bald.
    It's another opinion.
    I think bald men are very attractive. I tend to really like that side effect of that genetic mutation... and so do a lot of other women.

Some women love guys who are really thin and like you. Very cool!
    But please don't try to hope for a homogenized world because of your own preferences.
    I think that's a bit odd...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Wtf? Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never said any of those things. I just said MPB is a disease and a mutation.

No one wants everyone to be the same, that's fucking boring, don't put words in my mouth. Yay for your preferences, gj.
    nihil

Paleobird Guest
    Children, children! Let's keep this civil.

I do think that some baldness is just genetic and that should not be stigmatized as a disease. But I think there are cases where the baldness is either caused or exacerbated by poor health and diet. That part we can do something about.

First you act like it's a terrible disease that needs a cure. You even feel bad for those people, like they are sick or something?
    (It's not since balding is actually the norm, though chemicals out at people as they will.)
    Then you tell me I'm sugarcoating it when I say it's simply variety (in the gene pool obviously) and not disease... but you know, men could just shave if they were cured. 'Cause it's a disease and it needs to be fixed.

Strange perspective of something that doesn't hurt anyone any more than or eye color or amount of body hair is what I'm getting at.
    I just don't understand why it needs to be "fixed".
    What should be fixed is the message that balding isn't as good as fully haired from people who are not even bald. But that doesn't sell lotions, potions, prescriptions, laser do-hickeys, and hair plugs... (derision at media and industry, not Derps)
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-06-2013 at 08:07 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

I do think that some baldness is just genetic and that should not be stigmatized as a disease. But I think there are cases where the baldness is either caused or exacerbated by poor health and diet. That part we can do something about.
    Of course with the health and diet... men who have metabolic syndrome can have this issue and have hair regrowth when they turn their health around.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    First you act like it's a terrible disease that needs a cure. You even feel bad for those people, like they are sick or something?
    (It's not since balding is actually the norm, though chemicals out at people as they will.)
    Then you tell me I'm sugarcoating it when I say it's simply variety (in the gene pool obviously) and not disease... but you know, men could just shave if they were cured. 'Cause it's a disease and it needs to be fixed.

Strange perspective of something that doesn't hurt anyone any more than or eye color or amount of body hair is what I'm getting at.
    I just don't understand why it needs to be "fixed".
    What should be fixed is the message that balding isn't as good as fully haired from people who are not even bald. But that doesn't sell lotions, potions, prescriptions, laser do-hickeys, and hair plugs... (derision at media and industry, not Derps)
    Ask any man and they'd tell you they'd much rather have hair than be bald, it's the truth. Search around the net if you want, there are tons of hair loss forums out there and how much of a drain it is on them psychologically. If you were a man you'd understand, but just because you like it you assume that men don't have any issue with just losing their hair. It really affects them emotionally, physically, and does wonders to hurt their self-confidence and social ability. Some just "accept" it, and make due with what they have, which is admirable, but in no way would they rather not have their hair back. It is a disease in this aspect.

Protip: not every bald male looks rugged like Bruce Willis or Jason Statham.

As for regrowth, diet alone is rarely enough for genetic hair loss, and the longer the follicles are dormant, the more impossible it becomes to regrow what you've lost.
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned