Page 246 of 306 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 246

  1. #2451
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,524
    Primal Fuel
    May 31, 2013. And in blog news, since May 5th of this year, the number of men who have started growing mustaches and cookie dusters has grown by 50%. No one has been able to pinpoint why.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

  2. #2452
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,719
    "Cookie Dusters!"
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  3. #2453
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    "Cookie Dusters!"
    psssst, Cori! Can you help me with this new-to-me turn of phrase??
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

  4. #2454
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    psssst, Cori! Can you help me with this new-to-me turn of phrase??
    Adorable euphemism for mustache and chin beardy bits on a man.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-05-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  5. #2455
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Adorable euphemism for mustache and chin beardy bits on a man.
    Thanks! I thought there was a lot more to it, kind of in the vein of muff diver or some such, with the cookie being, well, you get the idea... I think I need to follow Paleobird's lead and get me some... ahem... if my mind is heading off in that direction this fine evening in Appalachia.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

  6. #2456
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,524
    When I google it, cookie duster refers to mustaches, but I've always thought of them as the little "v" below the bottom lip bit of hair that some men grow. Kind of like a little extra. I'm amazed anyone still uses the term. My first lover had a Selleck mustache and a little extra - he set me on my amoral ways.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

  7. #2457
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    My first lover had a Selleck mustache and a little extra - he set me on my amoral ways.
    Sounds like a fine way to kick off a life of amorality to me!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

  8. #2458
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    May 31, 2013. And in blog news, since May 5th of this year, the number of men who have started growing mustaches and cookie dusters has grown by 50%. No one has been able to pinpoint why.
    Hehehe.....
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    "Cookie Dusters!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    psssst, Cori! Can you help me with this new-to-me turn of phrase??
    You're not the only one who has never heard that one before.
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Adorable euphemism for mustache and chin beardy bits on a man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Thanks! I thought there was a lot more to it, kind of in the vein of muff diver or some such, with the cookie being, well, you get the idea... I think I need to follow Paleobird's lead and get me some... ahem... if my mind is heading off in that direction this fine evening in Appalachia.
    Go gettum Crabbcakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    When I google it, cookie duster refers to mustaches, but I've always thought of them as the little "v" below the bottom lip bit of hair that some men grow. Kind of like a little extra. I'm amazed anyone still uses the term. My first lover had a Selleck mustache and a little extra - he set me on my amoral ways.
    I thought that was called a "soul patch"

  9. #2459
    Sabine's Avatar
    Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dallas/Fort Worth Texas
    Posts
    5,177
    I like moustaches, and full, though trimmed, beards. But goatees: NO. Soul patches: NO. Stragglies: NO. So, in spite of their cute, slightly risque name, I will have to say, cookie-dusters: NO!

  10. #2460
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,524
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I thought that was called a "soul patch"
    Yes. I probably have just gotten it wrong all these years. I often do. I amaze myself at how oblivious of things I often am. The good news is that when age starts making me ditsy, no one will notice because I've been this way since a very young age.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •