Page 242 of 306 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 242

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This is a Brazilian Churascurio that is awesome: Rei Do Gado

I would say that the must see places in San DIego would take about a week but a few highlights would of course be the zoo. We have the best one in the world (recognized as such by zoos everywhere, not kidding). And the zoo has two locations. The main one near our central Balboa Park and the Safari Park in the north end of the city. Both are worth seeing. The rest of Balboa Park is also lovely. One of the prettiest spots in San Diego IMO is the Torrey Pines Glider Port. A good place to watch the sun set into the Pacific while hang gliders waft about.
    Sea World is fun for kids but is a bit touristy hype (like Disneyland) IMO.
    Thanks, Robin! Unfortunately, we'll only have the weekend... unless the DoD furloughs start, in which case I might also have Friday "off". That restaurant sounds great, and I'd already thought about the zoo; I'm glad you endorse my thought!

We were stationed in San Antonio when they opened a Sea World there (when the kids were young), so that's one place we don't need to see again.

Thanks again!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Ohhh... pppuuuuurrrrr indeed!
    Yes, there is a difference between having sex once in awhile and actually having a sex life. I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    OMG yes, seconding Rei Do Gado. HEAVEN.
    The zoo is awesome as well, and Sea World is Sea World.
    The waiters at Rei do Gado are pretty yummy looking too. <slaps self on face>I am really getting obsessed with sex here.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I hope you did get the pictures and curtains up, too! lol! of course, i have a preference for the other way of spending time other than hanging pictures and curtains as well.
    Yes, the curtains were a good idea so as not to make the neighbors jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Thanks, Robin! Unfortunately, we'll only have the weekend... unless the DoD furloughs start, in which case I might also have Friday "off". That restaurant sounds great, and I'd already thought about the zoo; I'm glad you endorse my thought!
    We were stationed in San Antonio when they opened a Sea World there (when the kids were young), so that's one place we don't need to see again.
    Sea World is one of those places that locals here never go unless out of town friends just "have to" see it. When it first opened it was meant to be more like a marine zoo, like the Monterey Bay Aquarium. But it has degenerated into being more of a water based theme park.

Paleobird Guest
    Things are settling in and settling down in my life. The Wolf Cub is getting his head around the concept that, unlike living in a big house at the end of a cul de sac, this is a place where other people with their dogs do have a right to walk by out windows without getting barked at. We do not own the entire complex or the entire park behind it. He's getting it pretty well now.

I made a big pot of beef neck bone soup and the bones are now all over the living room floor. Just a couple of happy carnivores living here. (It kind of looks like Jeffrey Dahmer's place with all those bones.)

Today my big project is to eat liver and drink lots of fluids since I am going to donate blood tomorrow.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Hey - congrats on ex/new bf! Beware.......... I married my ex/new bf. Short version: high school best friends turned college sweethearts - morphed into "maybe there is something better out there" on his part. (granted I was his FIRST girlfriend) - I married on the rebound. He married. 20 years pass with NO contact............ 2 divorces - and we find ourselves single and still obviously in love with each other. 18 months of a long-distance relationship. I move in June - we're married in October ........... Its now 12 years later and we're very happy! Deliriously happy! Some things are just meant to be.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I made a big pot of beef neck bone soup and the bones are now all over the living room floor. Just a couple of happy carnivores living here. (It kind of looks like Jeffrey Dahmer's place with all those bones.)
    I love that visual!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Admission: My home is generally littered with bones as well. Usually the heavier marrow bones from beef shanks that I've eaten the marrow out of, and then used in stock so they are well cooked because my dogs (at least the 35lb terrier mutt and the GSD) can/will shatter anything lesser.
    Or just from large beef shanks that I've braised and devoured, and then let them polish to white.

But still. BONES everywhere. LOL

Sometimes there is a purge and then we start over. But I always miss a few.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Hey - congrats on ex/new bf! Beware.......... I married my ex/new bf. Short version: high school best friends turned college sweethearts - morphed into "maybe there is something better out there" on his part. (granted I was his FIRST girlfriend) - I married on the rebound. He married. 20 years pass with NO contact............ 2 divorces - and we find ourselves single and still obviously in love with each other. 18 months of a long-distance relationship. I move in June - we're married in October ........... Its now 12 years later and we're very happy! Deliriously happy! Some things are just meant to be.
    Oh my. Four smileys worth of deliriously happy. That's great! I finally am feeling like I have "space" in my world for a relationship. First I was taking care of getting my own health back together and then taking care of my Dad was my whole world for a while. Maybe it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I love that visual!
    Bones, everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Sometimes there is a purge and then we start over. But I always miss a few.
    Occasionally a guest will sit on the couch and find one my dog has tucked in between the cushions for later.

Paleobird Guest
    Today's big adventure was an appointment with the vampires at the blood bank for my bi-monthly donation. Feeling a little tapped out but really not too bad at all. I have found that being in ketosis makes the recovery process easier.

My BP was nice and low and I was told that my iron level was "excellent". Gold star for me.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I don't have any gold stars, but I do have these:

It's a good thing you do with the blood.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Paleobird Guest
    Thank you Joanie. Yes, it does make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Last night I felt a little fuzzier than normal however. I could not get the spot where they jabbed me to quit bleeding. The pressure dressing had been on for 10 hours and it still sprung a leak when I took it off before bed. My bathroom looked like a crime scene. I finally got things cleaned up and a new dressing put on (one handed that is rather a tricky thing). This morning I haven't yet dared to take it off.

Where do you get all those adorable moving emoticons and things? Is there an online store for them?