Page 241 of 306 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 241

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    LOL! It does seem that there are a lot of people lately who want to be spoon fed everything. Are these people new even to the internet??? What happened to getting acclimated to a community and trying to find the answers to stuff before just posting like a dufus? *grumble grumble*

Oh, God, yes. How often lately have we seen Mark do a blog post and have someone in the comments say "Hey, Mark, can you write a follow-up post about [how to make bone broth/how to do squats/how much protein we should eat/is tea Primal?/blah blah blah]".

See that "Search" field at the top of each page? Friggin' well USE IT, people!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    See that "Search" field at the top of each page? Friggin' well USE IT, people!
    That, and for the love of Grok, please try the "START HERE" button before posting to ask if corn counts as a vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That, and for the love of Grok, please try the "START HERE" button before posting to ask if corn counts as a vegetable.
    What's Grok?

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Robin, I'm going to be in San Diego on business the first two weeks of June. My hubby is going to come out for the weekend in between the work weeks... what is the one restaurant we should eat at? And what couple of sights must we absolutely see?

I'm really looking forward to this! I usually go to not-at-all-exciting places on business trips!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    What's Grok?
    It's a totally cool term coined by Robert A. Heinlein, in that book he wrote way back in the 60's... Stranger in a Strange Land.
    It means to totally share thinking/consciousness/oneness with.
    Cool shit man.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Robin, I'm going to be in San Diego on business the first two weeks of June. My hubby is going to come out for the weekend in between the work weeks... what is the one restaurant we should eat at? And what couple of sights must we absolutely see?

I'm really looking forward to this! I usually go to not-at-all-exciting places on business trips!
    This is a Brazilian Churascurio that is awesome: Rei Do Gado

I would say that the must see places in San DIego would take about a week but a few highlights would of course be the zoo. We have the best one in the world (recognized as such by zoos everywhere, not kidding). And the zoo has two locations. The main one near our central Balboa Park and the Safari Park in the north end of the city. Both are worth seeing. The rest of Balboa Park is also lovely. One of the prettiest spots in San Diego IMO is the Torrey Pines Glider Port. A good place to watch the sun set into the Pacific while hang gliders waft about.
    Sea World is fun for kids but is a bit touristy hype (like Disneyland) IMO.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    What's Grok?
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    It's a totally cool term coined by Robert A. Heinlein, in that book he wrote way back in the 60's... Stranger in a Strange Land.
    It means to totally share thinking/consciousness/oneness with.
    Cool shit man.
    Please, type softly. I went out this morning in my effort to try all the wonderful restaurants in my new neighborhood and I found this place advertising "bottomless mimosas" with the weekend brunch. The steak and eggs were great but I think I had too many mimosas before the food got to the table.
    I'm sort of re-starting the day now in mid afternoon after a long nap.

Yesterday was awesome. My G-man (I've decided that's his name because it is the first initial of his real name and he used to work for the gubment as an investigator) came over to help me hang some high up pictures and curtain rods. Then we spent most of the day in bed. Purr. I could get used to this.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ohhh... pppuuuuurrrrr indeed!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This is a Brazilian Churascurio that is awesome: Rei Do Gado

I would say that the must see places in San DIego would take about a week but a few highlights would of course be the zoo. We have the best one in the world (recognized as such by zoos everywhere, not kidding). And the zoo has two locations. The main one near our central Balboa Park and the Safari Park in the north end of the city. Both are worth seeing. The rest of Balboa Park is also lovely. One of the prettiest spots in San Diego IMO is the Torrey Pines Glider Port. A good place to watch the sun set into the Pacific while hang gliders waft about.
    Sea World is fun for kids but is a bit touristy hype (like Disneyland) IMO.
    OMG yes, seconding Rei Do Gado. I asked them what I could have, since I'm completely GF, and the guy walked me over to the salad bar(which was awesome by the way), and pointed at 2 things I couldn't eat and told me not to eat the meat that was marinaded in beer. HEAVEN.

The zoo is awesome as well, and Sea World is Sea World.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My sister liked the Old Town (does it have a different name? Mission district? something else?) a great deal as well when she was there last.

----

I hope you did get the pictures and curtains up, too! lol! of course, i have a preference for the other way of spending time other than hanging pictures and curtains as well.

---

I'm also super excited about work. I did a whole clean up and reorganization of my computer -- moved a lot of data off onto a USB as well (ie, paperwork and such from 2011, 2012) -- and then ordered my to-do list for the business. I have three lists, and a total of 20 action items. After writing out those action items, I completed 4 this evening! If I keep working at this pace, I could have those decks cleared in three weeks!

After that, there are two more projects in the pipeline that are just ideas, which will need to be listed out ... if I want to go forward with them and i'm not sure that I do.

Anyway. . .