Page 240 of 306 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 240

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hmmm... a 24 hour lunch date? Ship's in!
    Nah! My dalliance with the seafaring Piano Man I think is at an end. The ship was in several weeks ago and we had plans to get together and he just never showed up. Never called. No nuthin. I wrote him an email to ask what happened and he wrote back apologizing profusely but saying that the problem was that the ship staffing schedule had been changed on him at the last minute. (They have to leave a certain number of people on board at all times and everybody has to take a turn.) Cool. I totally understand that things like that happen. I was mad because he didn't take the thirty seconds necessary to whip out his cell phone and give me a call. I told him that but also told him that I don't hold grudges and we could move on. Haven't heard a word since. Oh well. That was never intended to be anything other than a fling. When he is not on a ship, he lives in Tennessee.

Meanwhile, I may have rekindled an old flame in my life. This is the guy I was with five years ago when I got cancer. He stuck by me through that whole nightmare and is a big part of the reason why I didn't chug that bottle of booze and those pills and call it quits. The most kind, supportive, funny, sweet guy you could ever want to know.

So, why did I ever let him get away? Good question. I think there is plenty of room for do-overs there. For one thing, we were only together for six months when I got sick and stayed together for well over a year after that so more of our relationship was about me being sick than anything else. That's not a representative sample of anybody's life.

Also the other big thing that has changed is that he has retired. He used to work a very high pressure job for five days a weeks so the only two when I got to see him were a time to crash, eat a pizza on the couch while watching cable, have sex and then get ready to do it again next week. The sex part was always awesome. We had that right. Watching cable and eating pizza gets old. He is also learning how to de-stress and relax more than he used to.

I got back in touch with him recently to let him know that my father had passed away (they were always good friends) and that I was moving and that I had made it to the 5 years post treatment mark cancer free.

My neighbors at my old place threw a little going away party for me and a welcome party for the new buyers last Sunday and the xbf attended with me after which I gave him a guided tour of my new place which ended up in the bedroom. Then we had lunch yesterday and ended up back here again. Two days in a row! I think this constitutes "having a sex life" not just having sex. Yay!

I may have overdone it a bit however. Feeling a bit sore today in special places. Chugging the D-Manose and trying to not get a bladder infection. I'm just not used to this. But I think I could easily get used to it.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 04-23-2013 at 04:14 PM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    yay for new beginnings PB................ENJOY
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    That's a good sore. Even better than after a good hard and heavy lifting session.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    LOL. A fun kind of DOMS. Huzzah for old flames and new beginnings.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Rawr!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    yay for new beginnings PB................ENJOY
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    That's a good sore. Even better than after a good hard and heavy lifting session.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    LOL. A fun kind of DOMS. Huzzah for old flames and new beginnings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Rawr!
    Yes, the good kind of DOMS indeed. That D-Manose stuff is awesome. Kicks an incipient bladder problem to the curb in one day. I am usually the first one to call bs on most "herbal remedies" but not that stuff. It actually works. Perhaps I should buy a case of it.

This is a really weird state to be in because it's like the start of a new romance, all fluttery, but yet it is wonderfully comfortable and familiar all at the same time.

He's such a dear. And he is already Wolf Cub approved. My dog actually remembered him from five years ago and minded him walking on the least and everything.

This is a guy with whom I could actually picture myself and him growing old together. Oh my, that's scary. Wonderful. But scary.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Woohoo!
    Such fun good news!

And yes on the D-Mannose. It's got my seal of approval as well. I always keep it in the house.
    Being on the meds I'm on is sometimes unkind to my urinary tract as it tends to keep me so dehydrated, especially if I'm away from hope and don't keep enough fluids pouring through during the day.
    The D-mannose has been a life saver several times over! And whenever I have a really "dry" day I just pop one with a BIG glass of water before bed as insurance.

When I was first put on the meds I had to go on antibiotics a couple of times before I found the D-mannose... since then, not once.

Wolf Cub approved is good BTW... listening to animals is always a good idea. If Wolf Cub didn't approve of the guy I'd be the first to tell you the guy MUST go! Dogs know things. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    that is awesome news. it's so cool to be able to share what you are really like without illness (you) and killer job (him). That's awesome.

PSA: I'm going to start answering every thread that starts "what if I eat this, what will happen?" with DEATH!!! DEEEEAAAATTTTTHHHHHHH!

Thought ya'll should know.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    And yes on the D-Mannose. And whenever I have a really "dry" day I just pop one with a BIG glass of water before bed as insurance.

Wolf Cub approved is good BTW... listening to animals is always a good idea. If Wolf Cub didn't approve of the guy I'd be the first to tell you the guy MUST go! Dogs know things. LOL
    The kind I have is a powder. Are you taking pills of it? Do you have any expert recommendations as to brands?

And yes, the Wolf Cub is a wise little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    that is awesome news. it's so cool to be able to share what you are really like without illness (you) and killer job (him). That's awesome.

PSA: I'm going to start answering every thread that starts "what if I eat this, what will happen?" with DEATH!!! DEEEEAAAATTTTTHHHHHHH! Thought ya'll should know.
    That person the other day was actually asking if it was OK to eat duck eggs! I told her absolutely not, they are extremely hazardous and she should send them to me for proper disposal. WTF?

Just talking with my ex/new guy on the phone (he's been calling every day), I'm remembering all the reasons I fell in love with him in the first place. He is very intelligent and quick witted conversationally and does hilarious imitations of John Cleese. We have these long rambling conversations where we keep each other giggling the whole time. I haven't giggled this much in far too long.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    PSA: I'm going to start answering every thread that starts "what if I eat this, what will happen?" with DEATH!!! DEEEEAAAATTTTTHHHHHHH!

Thought ya'll should know.
    LOL! It does seem that there are a lot of people lately who want to be spoon fed everything. Are these people new even to the internet??? What happened to getting acclimated to a community and trying to find the answers to stuff before just posting like a dufus? *grumble grumble*

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Just talking with my ex/new guy on the phone (he's been calling every day), I'm remembering all the reasons I fell in love with him in the first place. He is very intelligent and quick witted conversationally and does hilarious imitations of John Cleese. We have these long rambling conversations where we keep each other giggling the whole time. I haven't giggled this much in far too long.
    I truly believe that laughing is one of the best ways to get through it. "It" being just about anything. I am so happy for you.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.