Page 239 of 306 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 239

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Robin, I hope you are very happy and comfortable in your new home.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    So happy for you!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Oh, I so agree. Also purses. My thing is that no matter if I carry a small or large purse, I'll eventually fill it with "essentials."
    Congrats on moving all the way in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Robin, I hope you are very happy and comfortable in your new home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    So happy for you!
    Thanks, everybody.

Today I spent hanging pictures, curtain rods, and adjusting the furniture to be "just right". I also took out several bookcases/cabinets already. Nerga breeding grounds.

There is an unofficial swap spot next to the recycle dumpster in the garage where people leave things that are not needed but are perfectly usable. I got a nice area rug for my guest room there and I have dropped off a few things as well. Whenever I look again, my stuff has gotten adopted by a new home. It's a nice system.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome.

I agree about getting rid of storage solutions so that you don't collect things!

It's school holidays, so we are setting up for a declutter. I decluttered the office that DS uses and it's *great* -- now he can use it more effectively and so can we!

Now, we're working on getting the closet cleared out so that we can set up a room for DS. It's an interesting process. It involves a lot of letting go of things that I didn't even realize we'd collected! :P

Paleobird Guest
    Yep, if you keep too many cabinets/closets/shelves, it is very easy to just put some nerga there meaning to sort it out sometime soon. It is out of the way for the moment and out of mind. Next thing you know it has dug in and grown roots and sprouted and multiplied.

IronGirl is offline Member
    Congratulations, that is so wonderful! We have a common swap area like that in our apartment complex, I agree it's a pretty cool system.
    I feed my healthy cells and starve the rest.

Waist circumference:
    50(start)/40.5(current)/35>(goal)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IronGirl View Post
    Congratulations, that is so wonderful! We have a common swap area like that in our apartment complex, I agree it's a pretty cool system.
    Yep, one person's junk is another person's treasure and the net amount of nerga in the world doesn't change.

I am sleeping so well at my new place. It is surprisingly quiet for being in the middle of a major metropolitan area.

Of course the fact that I've been exhausted from moving furniture might have something to do with it too.

Today I have a lunch date at this pretty little restaurant in the middle of Balboa Park (San Diego's central big park where all the museum and the Zoo are). So the Wolf Cub and I are going to walk there. I figure I've been doing a lot of lifting heavy things the past few days so a day of long distance moving at a slow pace would probably be a nice change up.

More about the lunch date later.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm... a 24 hour lunch date? Ship's in!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    first, that's cute, Joanie. I was thinking the same thing. . .

second, i love living in NZ. i just ordered a gluten free cake for DH's birthday, and she asked "vegan or paleo?" and I go "paleo" and she goes "great." DH wanted a carrot cake for his birthday.

oh, and my client baked 50 gluten-free ANZAC biscuits for tomorrow, too. so awesome!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    yay for the new home PB - and enjoy your lunch date
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....