Page 237 of 306 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 237

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Paleobird,

I just wanted to thank you for your comments on the importance of meat vs. plants in the human diet. You've really helped me have the confidence to ignore plants when I don't fancy eating them and move to a more meat+fat centric diet, on which I feel better and better.

Anyway, I stumbled across this today and thought of you - it's an old article, but googling revealed she was in a documentary last year and is still thriving.

World Masters Games: barefoot Santa Claus and 100-year-old shot putter compete - Telegraph

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info, y'all.

Now I just need to convince my husband that I'm not going to keel over dead because I don't eat enough vegetables!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by upupandaway View Post
    Hi Paleobird,

I just wanted to thank you for your comments on the importance of meat vs. plants in the human diet. You've really helped me have the confidence to ignore plants when I don't fancy eating them and move to a more meat+fat centric diet, on which I feel better and better.

Anyway, I stumbled across this today and thought of you - it's an old article, but googling revealed she was in a documentary last year and is still thriving.
    World Masters Games: barefoot Santa Claus and 100-year-old shot putter compete - Telegraph
    That's awesome. Ruth is my new hero. Say it loud and say it proud. "I don't like vegetables. I don't eat vegetables."

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Thanks for the info, y'all.
    Now I just need to convince my husband that I'm not going to keel over dead because I don't eat enough vegetables!
    I really think that there is an element of "Yes we are Primals and yes, we do eat a lot of meat and don't fear animal fat. But, but, but, look at all the veggies we eat! This is a healthy diet! Really it is. See?"

Who are we needing to convince? Sometimes I think it's ourselves.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I really think that there is an element of "Yes we are Primals and yes, we do eat a lot of meat and don't fear animal fat. But, but, but, look at all the veggies we eat! This is a healthy diet! Really it is. See?"

Who are we needing to convince? Sometimes I think it's ourselves.
    +1 fersure.

Left to my own devices, I'd probably live almost always on one meal a day of a big hunk of protein with its associated fat, and either a 10 oz potato/squash/root or 1/4 cup (dry measure) serving of rice cooked. Given that my only other regular source of carbs is the smidge that is in my morning half 'n' half, I just naturally eat low carb. Not under 50 grams, but always easily under 75-100.

Spring is upon us, and I do find myself eating a bit more fruit - mostly strawberries and tomatoes. But I also am wanting less potato, so it all balances out. Add a warm 'salad' of sauteed greens, tomato, garlic, and olive oil maybe once a month, and I'm good.

It's very freeing to not only reject CW, but sometimes even the CW of the paleo/primal community.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    It's very freeing to not only reject CW, but sometimes even the CW of the paleo/primal community.
    Yeah, I feel like there are layers of CW that I'm peeling off. First there was regular CW, then there was health food CW (i.e. brown rice w tofu and veggie stir-fries) then there is Paleo CW. Lots of meat but I have heard many people around hear proudly proclaim that they eat more vegetables that a lot of vegetarians they know.

That Matt LaLonde AHS video about nutrient density really capped it for me in conjunction with the Fiber Menace guy's work. When you take out all the cellulose and water, the veggies don't gold a candle to animal products for nutrient value.

Now, if I eat a vegetable, it is because it has some enhancement value wrt the meat like onions and mushrooms around my pot roast. It is freeing to get past the mindset of eating your vegetables because you are "supposed to".

Paleobird Guest
    Welp. So far I have all my kitchen stuff, books, clothes and linens moved. There needs to be one last round up run of all the little stuff like the dog food, my computer, etc.

The new place is starting to feel like my place. Putting up curtains and pictures and such is sort of marking my territory.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    I never eat vegetables because I am supposed to I eat them because I really enjoy them. Several days a week I will add yams, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli or cabbage etc to my dinner and usually have a big salad with a dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and organic mustard sometime during the day...Yum. But I tend to mix it up quite a bit. One day it will be just fish and meat with an avocado and some garnish veg like onions and bell peppers, the next a mix of veg and meat with an intermittent fast, the next day maybe even add some fruit. Lots of variety seems to work for me and makes the meals interesting and fun.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird, I almost peed my pants when you compared neti pots to enemas. All I could imagine was Mistress Heather's House of Humiliation: "Come here you worm, I'm going to punish your nose so baaaad!"
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I never eat vegetables because I am supposed to I eat them because I really enjoy them. Several days a week I will add yams, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli or cabbage etc to my dinner and usually have a big salad with a dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and organic mustard sometime during the day...Yum. But I tend to mix it up quite a bit. One day it will be just fish and meat with an avocado and some garnish veg like onions and bell peppers, the next a mix of veg and meat with an intermittent fast, the next day maybe even add some fruit. Lots of variety seems to work for me and makes the meals interesting and fun.
    Before I went ketogenic I would have said the same thing and meant it too. I luurved my vegetables and was the queen of the BAS. Now it just tastes different. Lettuce tastes like cellulose and water. You can put a great dressing on it and make it taste good, but then it is really the dressing you lurve, not the salad.

Tubers can be tasty with enough oil or butter. If I were not watching my carbs I might eat a yam now and then. I'm not saying that any of that is bad, just that it takes up space on my plate that would be better occupied by more nutrient dense and inherently delicious animal protein and fat.

I do like the random unplanned style of eating. Any time I stick to one "plan", like the JUDDD or fast 5 or whatever, it jsut feels forced. I find myself naturally drifting toward warrior diet once a day eating but, if on any given day, I happen to feel like having breakfast, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Paleobird, I almost peed my pants when you compared neti pots to enemas. All I could imagine was Mistress Heather's House of Humiliation: "Come here you worm, I'm going to punish your nose so baaaad!"
    Well, there is a big similarity. You are forcing a liquid up a bodily orifice backwards from the way things are designed to flow. And then adding soap/detergent/shampoo to the mix? Ewwwwwww. Those mucous membranes must be into some serious S&M.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Lettuce tastes like cellulose and water. You can put a great dressing on it and make it taste good, but then it is really the dressing you lurve, not the salad....... it takes up space on my plate that would be better occupied by more nutrient dense and inherently delicious animal protein and fat..
    AMEN
    AMEN
    AMEN

Praise be to Jeebuz
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com