Page 234 of 306 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 234

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Adorable!
    It's just that they are usually not seen at their best. It's generally in their "I'm so scared I'm about to shat myself and I really just want to run and hide but mother nature has defaulted me to freeze with an ugly face" mode. Poor dears.
    D'awwwww. OK, you're right they can be cute. I guess I usually see them with their "OMG your dog is going to kill me, Help!" face on.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Thanks for the info cori. I've eaten gator and squirrel, (and venison and elk) but I've never been there for the kill. I used tend to the cage of a possum who became the clinic pet after almost getting hit by a car - in SF no less. I had to wear the lead lined x-ray gloves because of its claws, but I loved that stinky sucker.

Oh, and the photo? O M G - I need a hug. heh.

Good morning, Paleobird. Good to see you this fine Sunday. It's so beautiful here today that it's putting me in the mood to go buy some gin and a cucumber for cucumber "martinis." But laying about on Sunday is also fine. I'm on the fence.
    Cucumber martinis? Do tell.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    It looks like mine is different from what I'm finding online. Okay, for one:

Peel a cucumber. Slice into quarter to half inch rounds.
    Depending on how much cucumbery taste you want, put a quarter to one half of a round in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
    If you have a smooth muddler, you might want to add just a bit of salt to help the muddling. Mine has ridges, so I don't unless I'm in the mood.
    Smash/muddle that cucumber.
    Add ice.
    Add 3 oz of gin.
    Depending on how dry you like your martininis in general, add up to 1/4 tsp of dry vermouth. I like dry, so I just whisper the word "vermouth" over the shaker.
    Shake vigorously.*
    Strain into martini glass. Garnish with one of the cucumber rounds or cherry tomato, or even just put a chunk of cucumber in the bottom of the glass.

*I know martini purists cringe at shaken martinis, but I didn't know what else to call this drink.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Hmm. I'm not a big gin fan but a bet a slice of cucumber would be a nice addition to a NorCal margarita.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hmm. I'm not a big gin fan but a bet a slice of cucumber would be a nice addition to a NorCal margarita.
    That sounds awesome.

Note to self: cheap gin is not as kind as cheap vodka. My eyeballs hurt. Never going to that store again. *whimper* Not for alcohol anyway. I did find some cheap cherry tomatoes, Fage on sale, tons of canned fishies, and a Mexican cheese I pretty much forgot existed. And a huge cucumber - which with a hangover looks disturbing in a phallic way. Went for two items, but filled up my backpack and lugged another bag back. Because of course in the interest of health, I walked to the store. A hop, skip, and a jump, unless you're carrying two bags of groceries. heh.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    I'm sorry your eyeballs hurt, Joanie.

That said, I thought you were old enough to know better about such things. Old enough to know better and young enough to do it anyway?

That is a disturbing thought about the cucumber even if one doesn't have a hangover.

At least you got two different workouts in, lifting heavy things and the walk, so that makes up for the gin fest right? Go take a nap.

Paleobird Guest
    I really should be packing instead of dinking around here. I'm moving in a week.

Dink away, Baby. At the end of life, few people regret playing too much. More of them regret working too hard. That's what I've heard anyway.

B*tch-lite

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    LOLOL at Cori's terrifyingly comprehensive lesson on DIY wild thang butchery.

I cheerfully admit I've never cooked possum myself - somebody else made it into a yummy pie, and I was merely the end consumer. (At least when I refer to someone by the pet name "my little possum pie", you know it's with genuine affection.)

Australian possums also tend to take caught-in-headlights kind of bad photos, but they are terribly cute in person. Still hate the little bastards though - they stomp all over your roof all night, keep you awake with their godawful possessed-by-demons calling, and poo everywhere they possibly can. But still cute....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sigi; 04-09-2013 at 05:22 AM.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

IronGirl is offline Member
    Wow, that is a painfully cute picture.

Good luck with your move, Robin! We just moved from our first house to an apartment where we'll stay until we move to Colorado. Can't wait! But moving really stunk. I still have a bruise on my shin from walking into a metal edge of the U-Haul.
    I feed my healthy cells and starve the rest.

Waist circumference:
    50(start)/40.5(current)/35>(goal)

Paleobird Guest
    OK, OK, I take back anything derogatory I ever said about possums. Yes, they are "painfully cute".

And yes, Cori's country girl cookin' lessons are a little "terrifyingly comprehensive".

I got some work done today, bagging up linens etc and getting them to the garage. I can be very efficient about that kind of stuff. I know I could do the whole house in one day if I had to.

I decided that discretion was the better part of valor and hired a moving company for the actual furniture. There are some things best left to the professionals. I just am moving all the "little stuff" like linens, books, dishes, and my personal items myself.