Page 232 of 306 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 232

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    so, nice to read along.
    everything is going nicely here. i'm working on my posture. it's great to work on that.
    i'm also working on our second location. It's really an interesting process. i'm learning a lot about myself.
    Just thought I'd pop in and say hi, since I do read and follow along.
    Hi, Zoe. Nice to hear from you. I'm glad things are going well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Hmmm. I like to skulk a lot too. Where do I send my cheque?....
    No don't send money. Send kangaroo meat.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm. I like to skulk a lot too. Where do I send my cheque?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    No don't send money. Send kangaroo meat.
    Laughing until my sides hurt...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Paleobird Guest
    Well, it's cheap down under. They're tripping over the roos down there. It's as expensive as all heck here though if you order it on the net and have it shipped.

Some enterprising Aussie Primal could make a great business out of just buying roo locally in a supermarket and shipping it up here. Even with a markup for time, effort, and postage, it would still probably be cheaper.

Some of my down under mates have complained about bison meat being so expensive for them. Maybe we could set up a swap system, roo for bison.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Actually, I have *rarely* seen roo meat in supermarkets around here. (Not that I buy meat from the supermarket often - prefer to deal direct with the growers at farmers' markets.) True confession: I don't think I've ever tasted it in my life! I don't know anyone who eats roo much, if ever - it's something you might try at a restaurant on a special occasion, but it's not common where I live (the genteel eastern suburbs of Melbourne). Perhaps roo is more popular in the north or the west of the country - Australia is a *big* place.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I live in the blue-collar scumbry west of Melbers and kanga meat is available in Woolworths (local supermarket) as mince, steaks and sausage. Other than cooking it myself, I've only eaten it in rather posh restaurants though, most notably, Charcoal Lane (which also sometimes serves wallaby). YUM!

I also know of someone who hunts/harvests kangaroos, but then that person is primal.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Paleobird Guest
    Actually, I have *rarely* seen roo meat in supermarkets around here. (Not that I buy meat from the supermarket often - prefer to deal direct with the growers at farmers' markets.) True confession: I don't think I've ever tasted it in my life! I don't know anyone who eats roo much, if ever - it's something you might try at a restaurant on a special occasion, but it's not common where I live (the genteel eastern suburbs of Melbourne). Perhaps roo is more popular in the north or the west of the country - Australia is a *big* place.
    And you call yourself an Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I live in the blue-collar scumbry west of Melbers and kanga meat is available in Woolworths (local supermarket) as mince, steaks and sausage. Other than cooking it myself, I've only eaten it in rather posh restaurants though, most notably, Charcoal Lane (which also sometimes serves wallaby). YUM!

I also know of someone who hunts/harvests kangaroos, but then that person is primal.
    Can I come visit you?

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Can I come visit you?
    Anytime! We love visitors.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    It is available in Woolworths but I have never eaten it either, just does not seem right to eat what''s on the national emblem

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    It is available in Woolworths but I have never eaten it either, just does not seem right to eat what''s on the national emblem
    I think that may be part of why the US rejected the turkey as ours.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And you call yourself an Aussie!
    *Pout*

Do I earn any points for having eaten crocodile and possum?
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde