Page 23 of 306 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 23

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Great pic. Why are the letters all backwards? Is it a mirror pic?
    Thanks! No, I took it with the Photobooth program in my Mac but I guess that comes out like a mirror pic.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Excellent news!!!
    Thanks WnC! How are you doing?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebird123 View Post
    No reason to moderate. Great way to send a message
    Hello fellow San Diegan! Thank you.

Paleobird Guest
    I also got some other medical news yesterday. As part of my 5 year check up the oncologist had run a full body bone density scan and checked my vit D levels. Right after chemo I tested in the osteopenia range, that's borderline osteoporosis, now I'm normal again and my Vit D is normal too.

And I don't take any pills to make it happen. Just good food, good exercise, and good sunshine.

Paleobird Guest
    Anybody have any good home remedies for the runs? This has been going on now for a week. Not feeling all that bad, just now and then making a mad dash for the loo. This first few days I ate normally. I figured it was just a mild food poisoning that would pass. Then when it didn't go away, I decided to give my digestive system a break and fasted for 24 hours. I got actively hungry late last night so I figured I was well and ate something but within 45 minutes I was back in the loo. Crampy abdominal pains are no fun. If I'm not better by Monday I'm going to the doctor. I'm starting to feel pretty wrung out.

Paleobird Guest
    I am feeling seriously "pooped out" so to speak.

I didn't do anything today except sit in front of the computer. Dad got reheated leftovers for dinner.

A couple of hours ago I gave in and took some antibiotics that had been given to me by my doctor for this problem to take with me on my Caribbean cruise. I never needed them so they were just kicking around the medicine cabinet. I hate to take antibiotics if not really necessary but this is going on too long.

I ate a sweet potato just to have something in my stomach with the pills. They were a one time dose of four pills at once. Hopefully that will nuke whatever buggers are inhabiting my digestive system.

Off to bed. Hopefully a better day tomorrow.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    sorry that i didn't have any home remedies, but i do hope the antibiotics work. and, of course, don't forget to recolonize with some good fermented stuff.

Paleobird Guest
    Sipping a kombucha as I type. I have absolutely no appetite so I'm going to just go with that until I feel like eating.

At least I slept through the night without any mad dashes. Sleep is a good thing.

Paleobird Guest
    I think I am "on the mend". Made it through the whole day without any dashes. I have eaten some yoghurt but nothing else. Just feeling a bit weak right now.

I'll try to eat some real food tomorrow.

I know, tales of the trots aren't nearly as sexy as underwear pictures. Sorry. That's how it goes.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I think I am "on the mend". Made it through the whole day without any dashes.
    Excellent! I didn't have any sensible suggestions about remedies, but resting your gut seemed sensible. Antibiotics definitely have their place, too. Hope you feel stronger tomorrow.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss. Nutritional ketosis since mid-March 2015.

Journalling here

Ketonix values best guess here