Page 229 of 306 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 229

  1. #2281
    Twibble's Avatar
    Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    2,405
    Shop Now
    Yay for using good tequila in a way that doesn't kill ya!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

    If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

    Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

  2. #2282
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Yay for using good tequila in a way that doesn't kill ya!
    Ya, I think there's something to be said for the theory that the good stuff doesn't give you as much of a hangover too. This stuff is really smooooooth.

  3. #2283
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    5,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    They help me out on other ways, like coming over to grade our dirt-and-gravel drive and clear ice and snow with their big 'ole John Deeres.
    country living at its finest! Country neighbors are more family than neighbors
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

  4. #2284
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    5,536
    I'm sure I'm not alone when I say.......... the world is a better place because you chose to stick around!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

  5. #2285
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm sure I'm not alone when I say.......... the world is a better place because you chose to stick around!
    Awwwww, Tomi, thank you. I'm very glad I did too.

  6. #2286
    Siobhan's Avatar
    Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    4,618
    I'm really glad it didn't come to that, but I understand the feelings that made you think about ending it all. But the world is a better place with a cancer-free you in it! And yeah, the good stuff is much easier in the hangover department. More pure or something.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

    I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

  7. #2287
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Laissez le bon temps rouler!
    Posts
    6,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Ya, I think there's something to be said for the theory that the good stuff doesn't give you as much of a hangover too. This stuff is really smooooooth.
    Yes indeed on the good spirits. I'm a silver tequila drinker, and as long as it's 100% agave, the worst thing I have in the morning is a small feeling of dehydration. Some water and coffee and I'm good to go. But to be fair, cheap vodka doesn't bother me much either. Red wine? Now that's a hangover. I think you're correct about the sulphites/sulphates. Champagne, not so much. The worst thing champagne does is.... never mind, this is a PG13 board. LOL

    Add me to the list who think the planet is a better place with you in it. Even if you were a cranky old hair losing cancer bitching wench, I'd still want you around.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

  8. #2288
    Twibble's Avatar
    Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    The worst thing champagne does is.... never mind, this is a PG13 board. LOL
    Since when?!?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

    If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

    Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

  9. #2289
    Siobhan's Avatar
    Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    4,618
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Champagne, not so much. The worst thing champagne does is.... never mind, this is a PG13 board.
    Well, I'm off to clean up my board....!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

    I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

  10. #2290
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I'm really glad it didn't come to that, but I understand the feelings that made you think about ending it all. But the world is a better place with a cancer-free you in it! And yeah, the good stuff is much easier in the hangover department. More pure or something.
    Thank you, Siobhan.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Yes indeed on the good spirits. I'm a silver tequila drinker, and as long as it's 100% agave, the worst thing I have in the morning is a small feeling of dehydration. Some water and coffee and I'm good to go. But to be fair, cheap vodka doesn't bother me much either. Red wine? Now that's a hangover. I think you're correct about the sulphites/sulphates. Champagne, not so much. The worst thing champagne does is.... never mind, this is a PG13 board. LOL

    Add me to the list who think the planet is a better place with you in it. Even if you were a cranky old hair losing cancer bitching wench, I'd still want you around.
    Champagne makes me feel all silly and giggly and likely to do things I'll regret in the morning and it gives me a killer headache. Not a god idea. Have you ever seen the bald pic of me? It's at the beginning of my first journal somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Since when?!?
    My thought exactly. But we know Joanie's just shy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •