Page 225 of 306 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 225

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Disclaimer: what I am about to post is sexist. My apologies to the millions of cool/smart men out there.

It's also a guy thing. I'll never understand how a man can be adamant about A one day, then turn on a freakin' dime and just as loudly and strongly state that A is wrong, but now B is right. And then expect anyone to respect a single thing they say. Honest to whatever, if they didn't have peni, some of them would be as useless at tits on a bull.

Hi Paleobird. Good to see things going well. Hail to the piano man!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    lofl - i love eeeeettttttt !!!!!!!!
    Yeah, he always tries to tell me that I'm, "playing the age card", but, sorry kiddo, I've had twice as long as you on this planet to figure things out.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Disclaimer: what I am about to post is sexist. My apologies to the millions of cool/smart men out there.

It's also a guy thing. I'll never understand how a man can be adamant about A one day, then turn on a freakin' dime and just as loudly and strongly state that A is wrong, but now B is right. And then expect anyone to respect a single thing they say. Honest to whatever, if they didn't have peni, some of them would be as useless at tits on a bull.

Hi Paleobird. Good to see things going well. Hail to the piano man!
    And then he stands there and says, "Who me? I have never changed my mind about anything." That may work on the newbies but I've know him over several years now and seen several shifting but equally strongly stated versions of The Truth according to Choco.

And yes, the piano man will be here tomorrow so don't expect much posting from me. I'll be otherwise occupied.

Paleobird Guest
    I just saw my sailor man off at the ship. This time he's doing the Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, Matzatlan run and he will only be gone a week.

Sigh..............

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I just saw my sailor man off at the ship. This time he's doing the Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, Matzatlan run and he will only be gone a week.

Sigh..............
    That is sweet. It's been a long time since I sighed when someone left. Mostly it's just, "thank god he's gone." LOL

Anyway, I came over to your journal to see if you'd found or were still looking for red palm oil. I just got this link from Vitacost: Alaffia Authentic West African Red Palm Oil -- 5 oz - Vitacost

I'm thinking we're probably plugged into some of the same food sites, but just in case, I thought I'd post the link.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    That is sweet. It's been a long time since I sighed when someone left. Mostly it's just, "thank god he's gone." LOL

Anyway, I came over to your journal to see if you'd found or were still looking for red palm oil. I just got this link from Vitacost: Alaffia Authentic West African Red Palm Oil -- 5 oz - Vitacost

I'm thinking we're probably plugged into some of the same food sites, but just in case, I thought I'd post the link.
    Yes, he is definitely sigh worthy.

Thanks for the link. No, I hadn't seen that site before and yes, I had basically given up looking for red palm oil. I just want to try it for something different.

That vitacost site has a lot of other cool stuff too. They even sell my newest favorite beverage, Teeccino.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    He trips himself up on his own convoluted logical fallacies but then claims victory because he can argue the loudest and the longest after everyone else has rolled their eyes and lost interest.

He makes my eyeroll emoticon fell tired.
    Lol! I had that experience the other day on the calorie thread (that you piped in on ). I couldn't be bothered arguing with people on the internet.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Lol! I had that experience the other day on the calorie thread (that you piped in on ). I couldn't be bothered arguing with people on the internet.
    Choco seems to really get off on it. And it's always the same mantra with him, "Eat Real Foods!".

The only ones here who really need that message pounded into their skulls are the Peatarian sugar bees buzzing around on sugar, sodas, candy, caffeine, and coke and then thinking that they have something to add to a forum about health.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    The thing that got me, in my tangle with him, is how many people take his word as gospel.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    The thing that got me, in my tangle with him, is how many people take his word as gospel.
    Well, like I said, he is smart and he does do his research (sometimes just from the wrong sources). So he has enough terminology to sound impressive and learned. But what impresses a lot of folks about him is that he states things so *definitively*. There are a lot of sheep who will just go along and agree rather than question.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Choco seems to really get off on it. And it's always the same mantra with him, "Eat Real Foods!".

The only ones here who really need that message pounded into their skulls are the Peatarian sugar bees buzzing around on sugar, sodas, candy, caffeine, and coke and then thinking that they have something to add to a forum about health.
    But I have lots to add to a forum about health
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant