Page 221 of 306 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 221

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yay! Sounds lovely, says the person who needs to spend a lot more money on home repairs than she prefers.

Random question: does MCT oil have a taste?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    That does sound lovely, and it's so nice that you can make changes!
    I think the location is particularly perfect.
    Yeah, that's kind of like the best of renting and owning.

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Yay! Sounds lovely, says the person who needs to spend a lot more money on home repairs than she prefers.

Random question: does MCT oil have a taste?
    Right. Maintenance is something I am looking forward to NOT having be my problem any more.

MCT is oily (being oil and everything) but it really has no particular taste or smell. So it feels oily if you chug it straight but it does not add any flavor if you mix it in things.

I find that if I mix a spoonful of MCT with some coconut cream first then add hot drink of choice and stir it mixes in beautifully with no oil slick on the top of the drink and no need for getting the hand blender dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    MCT is oily (being oil and everything) but it really has no particular taste or smell. So it feels oily if you chug it straight but it does not add any flavor if you mix it in things.

I find that if I mix a spoonful of MCT with some coconut cream first then add hot drink of choice and stir it mixes in beautifully with no oil slick on the top of the drink and no need for getting the hand blender dirty.
    So if I mixed it in my smoothie or something, it probably would be fine. Good to know. Hmmm...coconut cream might make a good addition as well!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    So if I mixed it in my smoothie or something, it probably would be fine. Good to know. Hmmm...coconut cream might make a good addition as well!
    Sure it would be great in a smoothie. There seems to be something about the coconut cream that lets it blend really easily into anything else. Maybe because they are both mostly coconut products they just seem to "get along" well together. Once they are mixed, then you could add that to soups, sauces, stews, whatever.

If you're blenderizing, you wouldn't need the C cream. I was just looking for the lazy person's version of bulletproofing.

Paleobird Guest
    Well, today I went to Home Depot and got some of the new combo smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. By code there has to be one on each living level before I can sell the place. So, I was going up and down the stepladder with the manual screwdriver cursing the fact that I gave my Dad's power tools away already. Oh well. Good arm exercise.

Tomorrow the buyers' lender is going to be doing their appraisal of the place. So, things are moving along.

Also tomorrow I am going to meet my new landlords in the evening and hopefully get a chance to take down some room measurements so I can see what is going to fit (or not) where.

Paleobird Guest
    I turn 51 today. Wow. That year went by fast. I just had my 50th on the Caribbean cruise ship a couple of weeks ago it seems.

Some friends are going to be in town tomorrow and we are going to have a bit of a celebration. I even bought some wine and coconut gelato for the occasion.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday, Paleobird! And I really love a gal who isn't playing that stupid coy little game with how old one actually is, btw. Many, many healthy returns!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    ^ what she said!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    hip, hip happies to you I'm sure your birthday celebrations will be great.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Happy birthday!

Or, as on friend of mine says, Good job winning the fallopian swim race.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly