Page 220 of 306 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 220

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have to say "yay!" to that too. I was wondering when he was going to show up again.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    woop woop PB - didn't Gwamma say that 2013 was gonna be a good year for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

................ and I am doing an alaskan cruise in may - heres hoping you might be on that one !!!!!! we could share a bourbon or a whiskey, maybe a song or two ?????????????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I have to say "yay!" to that too. I was wondering when he was going to show up again.
    We've been keeping in touch all year. His basic pattern is doing the cruise thing in the spring and fall, doing all the festival type concerts in the summer, and working in the studio during the winter on his next album. Yes, he has albums. I sing in some choirs and have sung with the symphony so I have a fairly decent musical talent but I still find the ability to create brand new music that never existed before to be pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    woop woop PB - didn't Gwamma say that 2013 was gonna be a good year for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ................ and I am doing an alaskan cruise in may - heres hoping you might be on that one !!!!!! we could share a bourbon or a whiskey, maybe a song or two ?????????????????
    Yes 2013 is starting off pretty durn good. Are you doing a Holland America Alaska cruise? If so, there is a good chance of running into me. I'll be the star struck one singing harmony with the piano player every night.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Gettin' lucky in San Diego! Nice goin'.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Gettin' lucky in San Diego! Nice goin'.
    VERY lucky. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

In other news, I think I have found the perfect apartment. It is in the heart of downtown San Diego but it is not one of the big shiny high rise buildings. I found this little townhouse style complex tucked away just two block from the waterfront. It has all the things I wanted about the big tower complexes like pool, hot tub, workout room, front desk security, etc. but it feels more home-y. Those big buildings can sometimes feel a bit like a Borg cube, just too many people per cubic meter.

This place has two bedrooms plus a loft area where I think I'll put my computer. The living room has massively high ceilings complete with skylights. It's got tile floors and a gas fireplace in the living room. Since the gas is paid (I just pay electrical and cable) I can use the fireplace for heat and live there dirt cheap utility wise.

There is a balcony off the living room and roof access off the loft area so I will be getting my vitamin D. The kitchen is not as big or awesome as I could want but it's enough for one.

It's a condo development but I'm going to be renting from the owner with a property management company to attend to any broken faucets and such. The owners have said that they are OK with me doing any little upgrades I might like such as new curtains (I'm just going to take my current ones with me). They have no intention of ever living there, they only bought it as an investment property.

The former owner made an unfortunate choice of paint in doing a couple of those "color accent walls". They did them in a really pale lavender which does not go with the Spanish tile roof and floors style of the building at all. They told me to feel free to paint the walls however I like. I have a friend who does painting so it should be pretty easy and not expensive and I get to choose the color.

One of the thing that I had not liked about the former perfect apartment was the sort of gray/blue paint. I just don't do cool colors much. I like warmer earth tones.

The property manager guy is really nice and he told me that, from the pov of the owners, I am the perfect tenant. No rowdy toga parties, pay my bills on time. So they are willing to put the start date off til April 1 which works for me.

The location is incredibly convenient too, if my seafaring Piano Man drops in, this place is two blocks from the wharf. He will have times in between cruises where he only has a day while the crew load all the new supplies and get everything clean for the next bunch of tourists. I can think of nice ways to spend those days.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Wow, things are going great for you. This is wonderful news, PB.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Sounds fab, Robin. Hope it all works out just right for you this time.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds Awesome!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Wow, things are going great for you. This is wonderful news, PB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Yay! Sounds fab, Robin. Hope it all works out just right for you this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Sounds Awesome!
    Thanks! I just got back from signing the papers so it's official. Yay!

I am SO tired of house hunting. This one just feels right. It's time to stop now.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That does sound lovely, and it's so nice that you can make changes!

I think the location is particularly perfect.