Page 219 of 306 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 219

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hate those baits and switches, I tell you what! That stuff just really ticks me off!

But, I know that you'll find an even more awesome place!

DH and I decided to go to the US . . . in 2014! We will be hitting SD because I have friends/family there. We want to go in October and have an "american halloween" for DS. With my cousin who has a son just younger than DS, and they are big into halloween, so I'm sure it would be awesome.

Anyway, it's going to be a combination work-holiday, so you better start taking yoga so that you can come to my workshop AND then we can go to the SD zoo or something like that because DS will want to do something awesome. And thankfully, your dog isn't so tall that he would be scared of him (since most big dogs are as tall as DS, those are the ones he's nervous about. I would be too if I saw a dog as big as me!).

Pencil it into your calendar.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I had a little more colorful language in mind but, yeah, that about sums it up.
    Flippin' fiddlesticks?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Anyway, it's going to be a combination work-holiday, so you better start taking yoga so that you can come to my workshop AND then we can go to the SD zoo or something like that because DS will want to do something awesome. And thankfully, your dog isn't so tall that he would be scared of him (since most big dogs are as tall as DS, those are the ones he's nervous about. I would be too if I saw a dog as big as me!).

GO TO THE ZOO! FOR 3 DAYS! It's HUGE and we didn't get to spend enough time there. Either time.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I hate those baits and switches, I tell you what! That stuff just really ticks me off!

But, I know that you'll find an even more awesome place!

DH and I decided to go to the US . . . in 2014! We will be hitting SD because I have friends/family there. We want to go in October and have an "american halloween" for DS. With my cousin who has a son just younger than DS, and they are big into halloween, so I'm sure it would be awesome.

"Bait and switch". That's a good way to put it.
    It would be great to see you IRL when you get to SD. Let me know as dates firm up.

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Flippin' fiddlesticks?
    That's a good one. Pebbles and I have a running joke about being proper ladylike schoolteachers who don't use that kind of language. Gosh Dangit! Son of a biscuit! Shucks!

GO TO THE ZOO! FOR 3 DAYS! It's HUGE and we didn't get to spend enough time there. Either time.
    Yes, and the zoo has two facilities, the regular zoo and the "safari park" both of which are the gold standard of the world among zoos (not an exaggeration, really they are) and both of which are HUGE.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird, sorry to hear about the apartment. So stupid to not consider your dog a working dog and the whole plug in thing is ludicrous also.

I thought of you this morning because, while not really aiming to do so, I was so carnivorous yesterday that I only ate about five grams of carbs. LOL I thought, "Paleobird would approve." I will however cook up some turnip greens today to compensate. I've finally decided to get with the whole coconut oil thing and it's not terrible as I remembered. Maybe the one I tried years ago was weird, but the one I got from Vitacost is lovely - nothing repulsive about it at all. I've used it to grease muffin tins for Brazilian cheese bread, and to fry eggs and it didn't impart any nasty taste to either.

Anyway, sometimes when things go south like the apartment, the next one you find is so much better that you breathe a sigh of relief and flip the bird to the original one.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Paleobird, sorry to hear about the apartment. So stupid to not consider your dog a working dog and the whole plug in thing is ludicrous also.

I thought of you this morning because, while not really aiming to do so, I was so carnivorous yesterday that I only ate about five grams of carbs. LOL I thought, "Paleobird would approve." I will however cook up some turnip greens today to compensate. I've finally decided to get with the whole coconut oil thing and it's not terrible as I remembered. Maybe the one I tried years ago was weird, but the one I got from Vitacost is lovely - nothing repulsive about it at all. I've used it to grease muffin tins for Brazilian cheese bread, and to fry eggs and it didn't impart any nasty taste to either.

Anyway, sometimes when things go south like the apartment, the next one you find is so much better that you breathe a sigh of relief and flip the bird to the original one.
    Yes Paleobird approves. I have gotten myself some MCT oil just to see what all the fuss is about and I really think Enig and Fallon might be onto something. I can feel a noticeable uptick in my body temperature after taking it. It is very neutral tasting and so would be good for cooking anything where you didn't want it tasting like a pina colada.

In other news............I had SEX! Yay!

I met this wonderful man about a year ago when I took my cruise to the Caribbean. He was the piano player/singer in the piano bar. Now the cruise lines have very strict no fooling around with the customers or we dump you off at the next port and you buy your own plane ticket home policy. So, things got as far as a couple of steamy kisses back then but we stopped ourselves. Actually I would have gone for it but in retrospect that would not have been fair of me since he was the one with something to lose.

Anyway, we have kept in touch via email and now he is going to be home ported out of San Diego for a while doing the Hawaii, Mexico and Alaska runs. Holland America has a policy where, if you register it up front, you can take a "Friend On Board" for a free cruise if you are an employee who rates a private stateroom which musicians do. So, as soon as I get my real estate stuff settled, I may be doing some cruising. This time we just had one night, Friday night, before he shipped out.

Sigh. Somehow when you are feeling this good, all that stuff about real estate and pinheaded leasing agents just doesn't seem all that important.

Wait...MCT causes your body temperature to go up? I may have to investigate this some more....

Yay for getting laid!

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    PB are you sure the rise in body temp was the MCT?

I want to have some "new romance" sex. Too bad I have a long term husband. I was joking with one of my flirtations that I was trying to get my husband to let me have boyfriends on the side. He looked very interested.

Alas, I will behave myself and live vicariously through other single ladies.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Oh my, a friend with benefits - and WHAT benefits indeed! YAY!!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wait...MCT causes your body temperature to go up? I may have to investigate this some more....

Yay for getting laid!
    That's the marketing claim. It supposedly metabolizes very quickly and does not store as fat. We shall see. And yes, getting laid is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    PB are you sure the rise in body temp was the MCT?

I want to have some "new romance" sex. Too bad I have a long term husband. I was joking with one of my flirtations that I was trying to get my husband to let me have boyfriends on the side. He looked very interested.

Alas, I will behave myself and live vicariously through other single ladies.
    New romance sex, long time familiar partners sex, it's all good stuff. And I think everybody should have more of it. People would all be a lot nicer to each other if everybody was getting some on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Oh my, a friend with benefits - and WHAT benefits indeed! YAY!!
    You have NO idea. Purrrrrrrrr.