Page 217 of 306 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 217

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh no! That is really crappy!
    I hope you get one of those other buyers wanting to buy still.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    First, sorry about the first couple bailing; hopefully another buyer is still very interested.

Second, in terms of baking soda, I wasn't using it to strip a lot of oil. I made a loose paste (about the consistency of shampoo) and put it on my hair like you use aquaswim. I also have cradle-cap, and it was good for sorting that. now that it's sorted (or seems to be), I opted to switch to vinegar which also strips the hair and preps it for the honey treatment.

Honey -- when in water, or for that matter on human skin -- naturally chemically reacts to create peroxide. If you put honey directly on a cut, not only does it have all kinds of natural, anti-microbial goodness, it also creates peroxide and it's *that* which really cleans the wound. We use it instead of triple antibiotic ointment. Usually, it solves/prevents all problems. When problems arise, we will move to the "heavy" stuff if need be. I haven't used the other stuff in over 3 years though.

So, likewise, honey can work to lighten your hair. 1/4 cup of honey to 3/4 cup water in a glass container. I then add 2 tbsp coconut oil, which also has a peroxide-ing element. I let it stand for 45 minutes -- that's about when there's the right amount of peroxide to lighten hair.

The next step is to run this rinse through your hair over and over and over. I start with a basting brush to get all the roots, and then I pour it out of the mixing cup, through my hair, and into a bowl, and then bowl to mixing cup, and then over my head into the bowl, and so on. I do this until basically there's no liquid left.

After this, I wrap my hair in one of those microfiber towels which I got wet. The hair needs to stay wet to process. I then put a dry towel over my shoulders. Let it sit for an hour. IF the outter towel starts to dry, I use a spray bottle to keep it damp.

Once that's done, I rinse with clean water, and it's done.

You get a nice, subtle lightening (not to be used on treated hair. it will lighten natural, untreated hair and also henna'd hair). It's great for blondes who muddy (like me) at the roots. And, it only needs to be done once a month, really.

The honey and coconut oil provide all kinds of nice conditioning properties to the hair in the process, which of course regular peroxide doesn't. It's pretty cool.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    PB, I didn't find what I wanted to quote, so bear with me.

In regards to moving into the apartment if the deal fell through (which I see it did, sorry) houses that are vacant are easier to show as potential buyers can picture it with their items in it. Alternately, my friend had a person stage her house (left some of her things there) but moved into their new place so the home wasn't occupied when people wanted to see it.

You'll get the right buyer soon.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Fingers crossed that another buyer is around the corner!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Oh no! That is really crappy!
    I hope you get one of those other buyers wanting to buy still.
    My broker got a hold of the people who wrote up the other offer and yes, they are still interested. Escrow with them would take little while because it would be contingent on the sale of their current house. But I've seen their house and it is very nice. I don't think they would have any trouble selling it fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    First, sorry about the first couple bailing; hopefully another buyer is still very interested.

Second, in terms of baking soda, I wasn't using it to strip a lot of oil. I made a loose paste (about the consistency of shampoo) and put it on my hair like you use aquaswim. I also have cradle-cap, and it was good for sorting that. now that it's sorted (or seems to be), I opted to switch to vinegar which also strips the hair and preps it for the honey treatment.

Honey -- when in water, or for that matter on human skin -- naturally chemically reacts to create peroxide. If you put honey directly on a cut, not only does it have all kinds of natural, anti-microbial goodness, it also creates peroxide and it's *that* which really cleans the wound. We use it instead of triple antibiotic ointment. Usually, it solves/prevents all problems. When problems arise, we will move to the "heavy" stuff if need be. I haven't used the other stuff in over 3 years though.

So, likewise, honey can work to lighten your hair. 1/4 cup of honey to 3/4 cup water in a glass container. I then add 2 tbsp coconut oil, which also has a peroxide-ing element. I let it stand for 45 minutes -- that's about when there's the right amount of peroxide to lighten hair.

The next step is to run this rinse through your hair over and over and over. I start with a basting brush to get all the roots, and then I pour it out of the mixing cup, through my hair, and into a bowl, and then bowl to mixing cup, and then over my head into the bowl, and so on. I do this until basically there's no liquid left.

After this, I wrap my hair in one of those microfiber towels which I got wet. The hair needs to stay wet to process. I then put a dry towel over my shoulders. Let it sit for an hour. IF the outter towel starts to dry, I use a spray bottle to keep it damp.

Once that's done, I rinse with clean water, and it's done.

You get a nice, subtle lightening (not to be used on treated hair. it will lighten natural, untreated hair and also henna'd hair). It's great for blondes who muddy (like me) at the roots. And, it only needs to be done once a month, really.

The honey and coconut oil provide all kinds of nice conditioning properties to the hair in the process, which of course regular peroxide doesn't. It's pretty cool.
    Interesting stuff, Zoe.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    PB, I didn't find what I wanted to quote, so bear with me.

In regards to moving into the apartment if the deal fell through (which I see it did, sorry) houses that are vacant are easier to show as potential buyers can picture it with their items in it. Alternately, my friend had a person stage her house (left some of her things there) but moved into their new place so the home wasn't occupied when people wanted to see it.

You'll get the right buyer soon.
    You have a good point about it being a blank canvass from the buyer's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Fingers crossed that another buyer is around the corner!
    They are going to be coming by sometime this weekend to take another look. It must be frustrating from their point of view to get all exited about a move and then lose the bidding and then get a call back. We need to get them exited again. This is the Classical Cellist and his wife and three growing daughters. He's the one who wants to use my Dad's old space for giving music lessons.

The cool thing about selling it to them is that I really feel a connection that we would remain friends after the deal was done and that I would be invited back here for the backyard concerts he envisions.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 03-01-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    I had a lovely dinner tonight at my BFF's house. She made the most delicious duck. I must get that recipe. It involved Chinese five spice. My friend who has the pet goats brought some of her homemade chevre cheese which we had smeared in mini bell peppers for an appetizer. Finished off with raspberries with dollops of sour cream on top. Happy tummy.

We have an appointment with the broker and the potential buyers tomorrow morning. I hope they rediscover what made them so smitten in the first place.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Oh pooh. Hope it's not too long and painful a process to get the next buyer.

I have a breastplate (from my karate days). I've often thought of getting some bronze paint and going all Xena on it...
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Oh pooh. Hope it's not too long and painful a process to get the next buyer.

I have a breastplate (from my karate days). I've often thought of getting some bronze paint and going all Xena on it...
    Well, we had the meeting with the other buyers today, the ones that lost the bidding on the first round, and they brought the whole family over (It's a couple plus three girl from 10-16). They are going to go home and have a family meeting and get back to the broker with their answer tomorrow. But I really have the feeling that it is going to be on. They were picturing their things and their lives here, like "Let's see, the piano could go there and the couch over there." The girls think it would be awesome to each get their own room.

Fingers crossed.

Paleobird Guest
    Waiting for the phone to ring sucks.

While waiting I made head cheese. I had a lamb head from my recent mega meat purchase staring at me accusingly from the refrigerator like, "You defrosted me, c'mon, let's see if you can deal with this, eyeballs and all."

I just put the whole thing (which I found out was already sliced down the midline) into a big crockpot and let it cook until, like an episode of "Bones" on TV, all the flesh just fell off leaving nothing but a clean skull. I removed the bones which can be a bit tricky when they start to break down. You can get little bone fragments so you need to strain carefully. Then I added some spices, capers and mushrooms and cooked until the shrooms were soft. Then poured into tupper trays and put in fridge. They have gelled up nicely.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    While waiting I made head cheese. I had a lamb head from my recent mega meat purchase staring at me accusingly from the refrigerator like, "You defrosted me, c'mon, let's see if you can deal with this, eyeballs and all." ...snip...
    Then poured into tupper trays and put in fridge. They have gelled up nicely.
    I proclaim you Queen of Primal-Landia for the day! Hell - this might even get you the title for the week.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC