Page 216 of 306 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 216

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Right now 1 poind of meat sounds bileous, but I hope to get where you are in the future. I think it will take at least several years for me. But my body is definately changing slowly. I find this in strange ways. For example my hair doesn't get as dirty/oily as fast as it used to. I now shampoo it about every 1.5 weeks. But now I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping. I'm certainly learning to listed to my body a lot more closely and it's really talking to me. Alas, I don't always understand it. A communications problem.
    LOL
    When that pound of meat is your one meal of the day, that amount is very doable and very satisfying.

The little changes are interesting aren't they? I have gone to the no-poo thing. I just wash with a mix of egg yolks and coconut cream about once a week.

Trouble sleeping? Hmm. That could be from any number of non Primal aspects of your life like job stress, etc. I find that I sleep really well when in ketosis. I hope you can solve that one. Sleep deprivation can really stall your progress. Some people around here have reported good results from taking magnesium supplements.

Yes, everyone tells you to "listen to your body" and that is terrific but sometimes it seems like it is sending smoke signals or babbling incoherently in some foreign language. These days, at my goal weight and feeling great, I find that my body's messages are very clear. I know when I am or am not hungry and which type of food is right to satisfy my nutritional needs. It's a catch 22. You need to get to be healthy before you get the right messages for your health.

Paleobird Guest
    Well, the escrow train seems to be back on track. My broker got a hold of the buyers' broker who said that, yes, his clients had gone through a couple of days of what he referred to as "sticker shock". As in, "OHMAHHGERD, what have we done? We just bought a house for nearly a million dollars. OHMAHHGERD!!!!"

They have since calmed down and the appraisal is scheduled to take place tomorrow.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Yay - great news!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    That's most excellent. . . everything moving right along.

I stopped doing the baking soda now that my scalp is clear, and instead do a vinegar rinse to remove chemicals from hair and then do the honey-bit. works nicely.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Yay - great news!
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    That's most excellent. . . everything moving right along.

I stopped doing the baking soda now that my scalp is clear, and instead do a vinegar rinse to remove chemicals from hair and then do the honey-bit. works nicely.
    Thanks.
    Zoe, you put honey in your hair? Doesn't that create rather a sticky mess?

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Zoebird, link me to the scalp baking soda thing! I have one shampoo that keeps it from being itchy and I can never get it healed, even without any sugar in my diet for over 6 weeks.

Rock! I would have some sticker shock too. I always wonder what people do for a living to qualify, but I live in hell, I mean plantation, I mean Memphis, and we have a very low income ceiling for most areas of the country.

I always hold you in my mind when I think I'll never get this body healed. I know I will if I just keep at it.

Paleobird Guest
    I have tried the baking soda thing a couple of times and always felt like it was kind of harsh on my scalp. It does cut through the grease though. The eggs seem to work well for me, cleaning but not stripping the oil to much. I suppose everybody's scalp is different as far as how dry/oily it is.

Kymma, yes, you will heal your body.

Well, on the real estate front, we got the appraisal done yesterday so that is a step in the right direction. The buyers have until Tuesday to put their money where their mouth is.

More waiting.

Paleobird Guest
    So, while waiting, I decided to go give some blood today. Just got home and I'm feeling surprisingly good. This is the first time I've donated since going mostly carnivorous and I think it is making a difference. I don't feel at all tired or "tapped out".

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    It's because you're Wonder Woman.

You should totally do a Wonder Woman costume if you have the opportunity to masquerade sometime .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It's because you're Wonder Woman.

You should totally do a Wonder Woman costume if you have the opportunity to masquerade sometime .
    I want a Xena Warrior Princess outfit.

Well, crap! I just got a call from my broker and the buyers have officially bailed. We are making calls to see if the other people who also put in an offer are still interested.