Page 215 of 306 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 215

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OK, so now the deal sounds much better. Don't worry about the 'cold feet', that's Buyer's Remorse and it always happens. They typically work through it. The crack doesn't sound bad either. And if your neighbors are really reliable you have my permission to go.

Seriously, I hope it all works out well for you. How is the carnivore diet doing?

Paleobird Guest
    No, I doubt it would be a problem to sell it if this offer falls through. We were having offers tossed at us before the listing even officially went public.

That apartment is so perfect. I can really *see* myself living there. It would be an instance where trading a house for an apartment would not be trading down but actually trading up. The things I love the most about my home are the view, the quiet, the terraces, and the modern style. This apartment has all of that but without the hassles of yard maintenance, fixing the flipping pilot light on the heater, calling in plumbers to solve water backing up crises in the middle of the night, etc. And no termites.

Paleobird Guest
    The carnivore thing is going fine. I don't think of it as a diet. It has just become how I eat naturally. I generally have one main meal a day around early supper time. It is usually about a pound of meat or seafood with whatever condiment veggies strike my fancy such as onions or mushrooms. Usually around noon I will have a little bite, maybe some cheese or yogurt but sometimes I just have coconut cream in my tea. I'm not intentionally going for "The Warrior Diet" thing but I seem to have ended up there. The funny thing is I tried doing the warrior diet just before I started Primal. I think once you are really fat adapted, the extra meals just fall by the wayside naturally. I think this is better than forcing yourself into a clock-watching "can I eat yet?" kind of situation. That is crazy making and leads to over eating when you do eat.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are doing great PB
    Hope things are finalised for your house soon, so you can move to this new place.

I was doing 3 smaller meals a day after that thread I started, but ive started not eating in the morning again as I just don't need to. I think eventually ill end up going back to one bigger meal again, it feels right to me.

Paleobird Guest
    I started with three but often skipped lunch due to just being busy. I felt fine without it and had a better appetite for dinner so I dropped it altogether.

Then I did breakfast & dinner for a long time while i was losing weight. I found that the solid Dr. Kruse style breakfast helped keep me away from other eating during the day.

But then breakfast just sort of dwindled away after I got to maintenance weight.

I think you should let your body guide you naturally as to which meals to skip and when. You will know.

It's nice to get up in the morning and not have the first order of business be, "What am I going to eat?", but rather, "What am I going to do today?"

It sure is nice
    I rarely ever feel like breakfast, but I started after dropping the BP coffee, which for a few days made me want to eat in the morning. I got confused after that thread, but I am happy with what I am doing, and now the scale is moving down again, so I am happy.

Paleobird Guest
    That's good to hear, Ayla. Don't let some forum pundit try to contradict what you know works for you and try to tell you the you are doing it all wrong.

Thanks PB
    It must be working as I am down another 1 kg this week so that is 3.5 kg in the last 2 weeks. (7.7 lbs).
    Very happy.
    I guess patience pays off, and things keep moving eventually.

Paleobird Guest
    Old American adage : "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

That is awesome progress. Just for reference, when I was really losing fast, I was still only going at about 1.5-2lbs/week, under a kilo.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    The carnivore thing is going fine. I don't think of it as a diet. It has just become how I eat naturally. I generally have one main meal a day around early supper time. It is usually about a pound of meat or seafood with whatever condiment veggies strike my fancy such as onions or mushrooms. Usually around noon I will have a little bite, maybe some cheese or yogurt but sometimes I just have coconut cream in my tea. I'm not intentionally going for "The Warrior Diet" thing but I seem to have ended up there. The funny thing is I tried doing the warrior diet just before I started Primal. I think once you are really fat adapted, the extra meals just fall by the wayside naturally. I think this is better than forcing yourself into a clock-watching "can I eat yet?" kind of situation. That is crazy making and leads to over eating when you do eat.
    Right now 1 pound of meat sounds bileous, but I hope to get where you are in the future. I think it will take at least several years for me. But my body is definately changing slowly. I find this in strange ways. For example my hair doesn't get as dirty/oily as fast as it used to. I now shampoo it about every 1.5 weeks. But now I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping. I'm certainly learning to listen to my body a lot more closely and it's really talking to me. Alas, I don't always understand it. A communications problem.
    LOL
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 03-02-2013 at 01:35 PM.