Page 212 of 306 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 212

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OK, I've made a decision. One of the buildings I had seen in my hunting called me back to say that one of their units has been vacated recently and that I could see it if I would be understanding that it hasn't been cleaned yet. This was one I had seen the floorplan for but nothing prepared me for what I saw when I walked in. The view from this place should be posted right in the dictionary next to the definition of spectacular. The apartment is about 1000 sq ft with another 800 of terrace space! You can see about a 320 degree panorama of the Coronado Bridge, the mountains to the east, Balboa Park, the harbor. Yet it is high enough up on the 35th floor to be above all the city noise and grit. If this place were for sale as a condo it would easily fetch upwards of 1.5 million. It has real wood floors (not laminate) and real wood cabinets (not veneer). Stainless steel appliances. Oh my. I'm smitten.
    I can't wait to see the sunrise over those mountains. Now I just have to start measuring all my stuff and deciding what to leave behind. I may have to get a smaller dining room table or ditch it entirely. I can get some barstools and eat off the counter or a coffee table. Oooooh this is such fun!!!!!!!!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Wonderful!

And with 800sqft of terrace in SD, and a glorious view to boot, do I really have to state the obvious... OUTDOOR dining!

A couple of bar stools in the kitchen and some pillows you can put around the coffee table for floor sitting will suffice.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Oh wow PB that is awesome, so happy for you

What are the rules for pets in apartments?
    I know lots of places here the stratas don't allow it, which is damn stupid.

When do you move?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Wonderful!
    And with 800sqft of terrace in SD, and a glorious view to boot, do I really have to state the obvious... OUTDOOR dining!
    A couple of bar stools in the kitchen and some pillows you can put around the coffee table for floor sitting will suffice.
    Exactly. I have a nice teak patio set of a table and six chairs that I'm glad I kept. The table has a hole down the center for an umbrella for shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Oh wow PB that is awesome, so happy for you

What are the rules for pets in apartments?
    I know lots of places here the stratas don't allow it, which is damn stupid.

When do you move?
    This building is very pet friendly. They even have a little fenced off green turfed area in the courtyard if you want to take a dog for walkies at night but don't feel like going out on the urban streets (particularly nice for single ladies). In fact almost all the places I've looked at have been pet friendly. Some have weight limitations on dogs and some have breed restrictions like "no pitbulls". My Wolf Cub is 35lbs and not anything vicious so he is fine. Some places charge an extra deposit and an extra per month fee for having a pet but The Wolf Cub is exempt from that because, in addition to being adorable, he is a medical alert service dog. He knows when I am going to have a seizure before I do. So, legally, he is like a blind person's guide dog. He can go anywhere I go.

I should be all moved in by about mid March just in time to throw a combined birthday/housewarming party for myself.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Exactly. I have a nice teak patio set of a table and six chairs that I'm glad I kept. The table has a hole down the center for an umbrella for shade.

This building is very pet friendly. They even have a little fenced off green turfed area in the courtyard if you want to take a dog for walkies at night but don't feel like going out on the urban streets (particularly nice for single ladies). In fact almost all the places I've looked at have been pet friendly. Some have weight limitations on dogs and some have breed restrictions like "no pitbulls". My Wolf Cub is 35lbs and not anything vicious so he is fine. Some places charge an extra deposit and an extra per month fee for having a pet but The Wolf Cub is exempt from that because, in addition to being adorable, he is a medical alert service dog. He knows when I am going to have a seizure before I do. So, legally, he is like a blind person's guide dog. He can go anywhere I go.

I should be all moved in by about mid March just in time to throw a combined birthday/housewarming party for myself.
    That is really great, so exciting and so happy for you

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    OK, I've made a decision. One of the buildings I had seen in my hunting called me back to say that one of their units has been vacated recently and that I could see it if I would be understanding that it hasn't been cleaned yet. This was one I had seen the floorplan for but nothing prepared me for what I saw when I walked in. The view from this place should be posted right in the dictionary next to the definition of spectacular. The apartment is about 1000 sq ft with another 800 of terrace space! You can see about a 320 degree panorama of the Coronado Bridge, the mountains to the east, Balboa Park, the harbor. Yet it is high enough up on the 35th floor to be above all the city noise and grit. If this place were for sale as a condo it would easily fetch upwards of 1.5 million. It has real wood floors (not laminate) and real wood cabinets (not veneer). Stainless steel appliances. Oh my. I'm smitten.
    I can't wait to see the sunrise over those mountains. Now I just have to start measuring all my stuff and deciding what to leave behind. I may have to get a smaller dining room table or ditch it entirely. I can get some barstools and eat off the counter or a coffee table. Oooooh this is such fun!!!!!!!!
    Oh, sounds gorgeous! Want!!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    That is really great, so exciting and so happy for you
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Oh, sounds gorgeous! Want!!
    Anytime you wander by this way I will have a guest room with a futon.

Forgive me if I SQUEEEEEEE!!!! This is all just so exciting.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds Excellent!

Paleobird Guest
    Today has been spent giving my closets and shelves a good going over and sorting out. Lots of stuff off to the Goodwill. I'm getting in contact with the new buyers to see if they want to keep some of my bigger furniture. Like I have a bunch of huge free standing wardrobes but all the closet space at my new place is built in. If the buyers have their own stuff and want mine out of the way that's OK but it might be good for both of us if they kept a few things. Less moving and schlepping all around.

I have an appointment tomorrow to go back and see the new place armed with a tape measure. I'm taking measurements of my furniture here, then I can see what will fit or not.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Robin on everything!
    5 years cancer free
    Selling your place
    Finding an amazing new place

All Excellent!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy