Page 208 of 306 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 208

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Sorry I've been a bit MIA lately. Between selling a house and looking for a new apartment for myself plus having a houseguest, I've been a bit busy.

My houseguest is a lady I met on a cruise several years ago who lives in Michigan but is considering relocating to California. She has been staying with me while doing some interviewing. You know how when you meet people on vacation everybody exchanges contact info and promises to "keep in touch" but it rarely ever happens. This lady is a nice exception to that. We have been going through a lot of the same things in the past few years, caring for an aging Dad (hers died about a year before mine). So it has been good for both of us to have somebody to talk to who really "gets it".

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    that's awesome. has an offer been put in/accepted?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    that's awesome. has an offer been put in/accepted?
    Several offers are in. We are going to give it this weekend (I have two showings lined up today) and then make a decision next week.

We decided one more weekend was a good idea because last weekend was the superbowl and some people may have had other plans. (I didn't even know who was playing but some people take it seriously).

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Sometimes I forget that you all do not live near me. I thought, "Wow, dedicated: keeping the showing on even after all that snow!" I also did not know who played in the Superbowl.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    That is a good idea, and it's nice to have offers coming in so quickly.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Sometimes I forget that you all do not live near me. I thought, "Wow, dedicated: keeping the showing on even after all that snow!" I also did not know who played in the Superbowl.
    Yeah, my houseguest is from Michigan and thinks that us SoCal peeps complaining about a little rain is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    That is a good idea, and it's nice to have offers coming in so quickly.
    Yep, and I just did three showings today of which I think one could be a serious prospect.

ulnauy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yeah, my houseguest is from Michigan and thinks that us SoCal peeps complaining about a little rain is hilarious.
    If everything goes right in 6 months I'll be seeing this SoCal wonderland myself.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ulnauy View Post
    If everything goes right in 6 months I'll be seeing this SoCal wonderland myself.
    Coming for vacation or relocating?

ulnauy is offline Member
    Away rotations for school, I get to do three, 1 month each. I'll be auditioning for a potential job position at each place so it's not all fun and games but it's also a chance to see where I want to settle down permanently. I'll be doing one near San Diego and one in Hawaii, haven't decided the third yet..

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ulnauy View Post
    Away rotations for school, I get to do three, 1 month each. I'll be auditioning for a potential job position at each place so it's not all fun and games but it's also a chance to see where I want to settle down permanently. I'll be doing one near San Diego and one in Hawaii, haven't decided the third yet..
    Great. There are a lot of primal-friendly stores and restaurants around here. Shoot me a PM if you need any pointers around town.

I did three more showings today. This is tiring. Not only that, but I have to keep my stuff picked up and put away and the dishes done, etc.