Page 206 of 306 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 206

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hi Paleobird and everyone.
    PB, definitely good to hear it's going so well on selling your house.
    Anyway, just checking in because I've felt a little disengaged the last few days and wanted to say hi.
    Hi Joanie. Nice to see you.

If ever there was a day that convinced me more than ever that I really need to sell this fracking house and get out it would be today. I was showing the house today to the cello player, the one who wrote me the nice letter, bringing his wife by to see it so I wanted her to really like it.

We get to the part which I don't use as anything other than guest quarters and find backed up sewage water residue all over the floor coming from both the tub and toilet.

Ah, the joys of home ownership! FUCK THIS!!!!!

The water had percolated through the floor down to my Dad's workshop below where it was also all over the floor. At least there it couldn't do much damage with just a cement floor.

Arghhhh!!!! The towels I'm using to sop up the mess are going straight to the garbage after this. I would not even wish those on the Goodwill

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hi Joanie. Nice to see you.

If ever there was a day that convinced me more than ever that I really need to sell this fracking house and get out it would be today. I was showing the house today to the cello player, the one who wrote me the nice letter, bringing his wife by to see it so I wanted her to really like it.

We get to the part which I don't use as anything other than guest quarters and find backed up sewage water residue all over the floor coming from both the tub and toilet.

Ah, the joys of home ownership! FUCK THIS!!!!!

The water had percolated through the floor down to my Dad's workshop below where it was also all over the floor. At least there it couldn't do much damage with just a cement floor.

Arghhhh!!!! The towels I'm using to sop up the mess are going straight to the garbage after this. I would not even wish those on the Goodwill
    If they come back you'll know they *really* love the house!
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yes, on the bright side it'll be fixed and one less thing to worry about!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    If they come back you'll know they *really* love the house!
    We'll see. I think he loves it a bit more than she does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Yes, on the bright side it'll be fixed and one less thing to worry about!
    When I first saw the water in my Dad's workshop on the lower level, I assumed it was rainwater leaking in somehow since it's been quite rainy here for a couple of days. So, actually this plumbing disaster is better than that because it is a one time fix. Hopefully.

I was cleaning the water out of the shop and it never occurred to me to check upstairs for plumbing problems (until the prospective buyers just about stepped in it). I just though it was the rain.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Ayla,

We are having a "heat wave." It's 26 degrees. I nearly peed my pants when i read that headline. Heatwave. lol

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    heatwave? haha

Paleobird Guest
    Ha, you guys are as spoiled as us SoCal peeps about "heatwaves".

Well, I got the plumbing plumbed out last night and everything seems to be drying up fine with no lasting damage. The plumber said that there were tree roots getting into the pipes.

I don't ever want to own a house again. I'm done.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, i can't decide because it can be a great investment/tax shelter, but I guess there are others, too, right? I need to find them. live off of dividends even more.

Paleobird Guest
    Well tonight is the big open house wine 'n' cheese event my real estate people are throwing. The listing goes public tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Well tonight is the big open house wine 'n' cheese event my real estate people are throwing. The listing goes public tomorrow.

Wish me luck.
    Luck!

We're looking for a WAR here.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.