Page 205 of 306 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 205

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    As it is I have a bit of Grandma's, a bit of Mom's, plus various bits I've bought along the way.
    Sounds like my house. Although, after a number if years of marriage, I did rebel... All of our stuff seemed to have come from my MIL, and looking around, it did. She gave us nice stuff, the price was right (free), she is a very nice MIL, and it was a totally green thing - getting used instead of using more resources. But none of it was my style, and after a while, that stuff just screamed to me - YOU ARE LIVING IN YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW'S HOUSE! So when the time came to get a bigger dining room table, I actually said NOOOO! THIS TIME WE ARE BUYING (GASP-A-THON) NEW.

I feel much, much better now that I can look upon something that was chosen just for me, by me. We got a very nice table and new chairs. And I am back to feeling more balanced about second-hand things.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I'm so glad that the sale of your house is going well, and I hope you do end up getting a good price for your place. It's awesome to have so much interest in it.

And, you got to give away stuff you don't need. That's awesome.
    Yep. The real estate market here seems to be picking up but interest rates are still low so it is a good time to get financed.

It was nice to know that the stuff was going to people who I know will make good use of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    But none of it was my style, and after a while, that stuff just screamed to me - YOU ARE LIVING IN YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW'S HOUSE! So when the time came to get a bigger dining room table, I actually said NOOOO! THIS TIME WE ARE BUYING (GASP-A-THON) NEW.

I feel much, much better now that I can look upon something that was chosen just for me, by me. We got a very nice table and new chairs. And I am back to feeling more balanced about second-hand things.
    Exactly. When I furnished my place ten years ago, I was doing it on a teacher's salary and every little bit of hand-me-downs helped.

Now, as the Gnolls say, "If you can't eat it, wear it, wield it, or carry it with you, leave it behind."

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    A bidding war! Love it!

We have almost all hand me down furniture, or stuff bought bc it was affordable. It used to irritate me Nd some times still does, but really, who cares? I would love to but a completely new LR set, for comfort and function, but I want to do it when we have little to no debt or pay in cash. So patience it is!

Glad to see you doing well and continuing on a anew chapter! You're emf has really been helpful to the lot of us. I k ow I feel better. Smiles.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    +1 All of us are having great success and not just in the area of weight loss. Can't wait for the Feb. 1st reports.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    "Eat Moar Fat" House cheerleader reporting...
    Ladies are all doing great!
    I'm jus' doing my thing. Slow and steady.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Glad to see you doing well and continuing on a anew chapter! You're emf has really been helpful to the lot of us. I k ow I feel better. Smiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    +1 All of us are having great success and not just in the area of weight loss. Can't wait for the Feb. 1st reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    "Eat Moar Fat" House cheerleader reporting...
    Ladies are all doing great!
    I'm jus' doing my thing. Slow and steady.
    And we even have and abbreviation! EMF, Hah! That means we have arrived! That's good to hear. I do check in on the thread now and then but it moves so fast it's hard to keep up.
    I guess that's another terribly dangerous side effect of a high fat diet. It makes you chatty.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    It's because you're not spending as much time food prepping -- seriously. between primal and IF, our food prep time is so minimal these days.

Paleobird Guest
    It's because you're not spending as much time food prepping -- seriously. between primal and IF, our food prep time is so minimal these days.
    I find, with the emphasis on the meat, which is stockpiled in the freezer, I am spending a lot less time at the grocery store too.

Today I just had a craving for bone broth for breakfast and then had some more for lunch. (It's been cold and drizzly here for two days) I had 6 eggs for dinner and am now nibbling on a bit of flaked coconut.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Ill say

We have gone from super hot with bush fires, to pouring down with rain. This weather is bizarre.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi Paleobird and everyone.

PB, definitely good to hear it's going so well on selling your house.

Anyway, just checking in because I've felt a little disengaged the last few days and wanted to say hi.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite