Page 200 of 306 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 200

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    PB, selfish request...
    Can you please start taking happy snaps of your food again? I'd love to see what a carnie WOE actually looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    yes please pb!
    Yes I will. My camera conked out last year just about the time my Dad started getting sick so I never got around to getting it fixed until a few days ago. So, yes, I will try to remember to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I remember living in SF in the 70s and 80s, and when avocado 'season' was full blown, I could get avocados for 25c each. *sigh* The good old days. My bestbud and I would declare some days "guac and chips for supper" days and that's all we'd eat. So good. Avocado, a little salsa, squish it up and dip the chips.
    I can still get avocados for about 99cents, but I have to work at it.
    Yum. I mix in some sour cream too or labne. Moar fat and makes the avocados go further.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    avocados are necessary for life.
    I think i could be a-ok with salsas and guacamole as my only "veg." I would be eating a lot of it though. I'm thinking of fermenting some salsas and see how I do.
    I make a lot of different kinds of salsas (using fruit and veg of various sorts), so that might be yummy. It would probably not even qualify as "dirty" carnivore.
    If I had to choose just one type of vegetation to keep in a completely carnivorous life it would be a toss up between avocados and coconut.
    Just about anything counts as "dirty" carnivore as long as the meat is the main thing and the sauce is just a flavor enhancer.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I remember living in SF in the 70s and 80s, and when avocado 'season' was full blown, I could get avocados for 25c each.

I can STILL get avocados for 25c each in the season! (Yay, Texas!) Yes, you may turn avocado with envy.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Color me avocado!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    25 c an avocado!!!! Grrrrrr you suck

Paleobird Guest
    Yep, 4 sometimes 5 for a dollar in high season.

Guacamole is one of the essential food groups in the Southwest US.

How it is traditionally made?
    I blend up avocado, sour cream, coriander, cherry tomatos, red onion, lemon juice (or lime) and salt and pepper

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, s&p. I know some people put sour cream in, but I like that separate. I had a Latina bff in college who used to tease me about "white people" guac when I put in sour cream (and she'd shriek if someone put in mayo), so I stopped putting it in. But heck, I've smashed avocadoes and then just threw in a spoonful of store bought salsa and called it guac, so it's a whatever you like kind of thing.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Avocado and pico de gallo is pretty tasty, too.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Paleobird Guest
    Yep, that's my blend. Avocados, pico de gallo, and sour cream. I add a little adobo seasoning for kick.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bah, these idiots are really making me want to leave this place.
    All I want them to do, is accept that not everyone can't live in ketosis like they couldn't. And then bugger off.
    It is really getting to me