Page 2 of 306 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 2

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    We need sexy pics.... why else would i drop in?
    ^This. I mean, intelligent conversation is all well and good but good lord woman, you look great. Flaunt it.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Yup.

After toying with safe starches, I've come to the conclusion (backed up by monitoring my scale weight) that they're not doing me any favors. I'm going back to regular primal and ignoring forum advice.

Really, I knew better, but I was starting to wonder if adding some carbs would help to jump weight loss. They did not. Not because teh carbs are eville and making me fat, but because when I eat them, I don't feel satiated. I want to eat more. And I do. Same problem I have with most conventional diets.

So back to protein and veggies, and the rice can wait until either I get down to where I need to be, or (fingers crossed) I get pregnant and meat starts to make my stomach turn. Which I'm hoping won't happen at all, but we'll see.

Whoo. Rant over.
    Exactly. Ignoring forum advice is a fine skill to develop. Are you trying to get pregnant?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    hey paleobird! glad to see you're back! i like your new avatar.
    Hiya Saoirse,
    Thanks. I'm not sure if it shows in the itty-bitty avatar pic but I cut my hair off short recently. I figured it would be easier for my cruise where I was in and out of the water a lot plus the windblown factor. I think I'll let it grow back out again though. I just need a change every so often.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    We need sexy pics.... why else would i drop in?
    Um, for the stimulating intellectual conversation? No? OK, I'll work on getting some new pics up.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 05-07-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    ^This. I mean, intelligent conversation is all well and good but good lord woman, you look great. Flaunt it.
    Thank you Canoi. I've missed you too.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Exactly. Ignoring forum advice is a fine skill to develop. Are you trying to get pregnant?
    Yup! We're on month number two of trying. The window opens end of this week. Hubba hubba.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Yup! We're on month number two of trying. The window opens end of this week. Hubba hubba.
    Well, as they say, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. In this case it sounds like more fun than work.

Paleobird Guest
    OK, it's official. I am massively out of shape. I just did my first LHT in a long time and have a serious case of jello arms.

BTW, has anybody noticed that Mark has changed the Five Essential Movements? The overhead press got edited out of the latest version of the ebook. I wonder why it is no longer considered "essential". It is now The Four Essential Movements. The OH press was always one of the most challenging for me so I think I'm going to keep it in my routine.

I am thinking back to the times when things were really cookin' right for me health and fitness wise (This reflection is where that "What works/ WHat doesn't " thread came from)

My workout schedule looked like this for a week:
    1 sprint day
    1 long urban hike (14 miles)
    1 long trail hike with hills (8-12 miles)
    2 LHT workout days
    2 complete rest days (wolf cub walkies don't count as exercise for me)

This schedule worked well because, if I just wasn't feeling the energy one day I could use up one of my rest days but I only had two of those per week so I couldn't get too comfy on the couch.

I've had to regress a level or two on some of the LHT moves. Arggghhhh! This will change.

Paleobird Guest
    OK. So today counts as day one of getting back on track. I have eaten a handful of kumquats and a pot of tea plus I just had the most tender juicy sashimi grade salmon fillet for dinner. I cooked it with a ginger and garlic rub and a dash of tamari plus enough coconut oil to keep things unstuck. Yummmm.
    Plus, I did my LHT. Damn. I had forgotten how deceptively easy those planks look when Mark does them. Reality is much harder.

My goal is to get to the level 4 "Mastery" level on each of the moves. I don't ever feel the need to do pushups with a weighted vest on. The only one I've got at level 4 now is the squats.

Just for my records:

Squats : Level 4. 4x25 full squats (work toward 2x50)
    Push Ups : Level 3 incline push ups. (working my way down from waist high railing (done) to hip high counter to thigh high table then two chairs. Then I will try "real" push ups.)
    Planks : Finished level 2 today. Will try level 3 next time.
    OH Press : Still working Level 1 (elevated jackknife presses). Working down from two chairs(done) to the second step on the staircase to the first step. Then on to level 2.
    Pullups : I have regressed back to the wider woody band (#3 of 4) for which I am kicking myself.

Because of my surgeries, the last two. the OHPs and pull ups are the hardest for me since they involve having my arms over my head. There are places on my chest and under my right arm that have been sliced diced and re-arranged with so many layers of scar tissue that they don't stretch well.

BTW, anybody know what ever became of the Pull Up Challenge thread? Is that still on or have people lost interest?

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, day two of getting back on track went well. I did my favorite 14 mile urban hike yesterday. Today is a rest and soak up the sunshine day.

Food for yesterday was four eggs before walking and a whole cookie sheet of roasted marrow bones plus a BAS with mushrooms when I got home. The bones had some meat around the edges which I chawed on Grok style and then turned the bones over to the wolf cub for a final cleaning.

I am still feeling the LHT workout from the day before yesterday. What really hurts is my elbows for some strange reason.

A couple of pounds have already dropped off. I think it's working.

Page 2 of 306 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast