Page 198 of 306 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 198

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Anyway. . . I just paid my bi-monthly taxes and now I'm mad at the yoga teachers who are on welfare because they are too lazy to actually work.
    the benefit in this country pays less than subsistence. i wouldnt sweat it as it is not a life i would choose and they arent depriving me doing it. i pay alot of tax too.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    seaweed: true, but it still irks me sometimes. I think i get tired of the "pity me" language, when, you know, I work 60 hr work weeks to support myself and my family.

I think i get tired of the "pity me" language, when, you know, I work 60 hr work weeks to support myself and my family.
    yeah but truly it is their problem. i work freaking hard too but what they do is not about how hard i work. i get to live my life and i realise how lucky i am to be able to. i also know how little money they get and see skinny kids with dark circles around their eyes growing up on pot noodles for dinner while their mothers spend $50/week on food but still have cigarettes and cans of bourbon and cola. i actually think it is a very sad situation indeed. there are also alot worse scabs in this country who cost the govt far more money.

Different situation. I do feel bad for those people because they apparently don't know how to spend their money or what have you.

But, I do not feel sorry for educated, middle class people who spend the money on a "yoga lifestyle" which is marketed. The "lifestyle" marketed by most yoga magazines is one where you go on retreats, take workshops and classes, and in between practice yoga, get together and do kirtans (singing), write about yoga, and go through a series of chai dates or vegetarian pot lucks.

These folks CAN work -- and have often worked in the past -- but simply want to "live the lifestyle" of what they perceive the lifestyle of a yoga teacher to be. And, they over-value what they -- as a yoga teacher -- are worth time-wise.

So, because they can't get their businesses up and running, they demonstrate to WINZ that they are trying, and then they get their stipend.

They live a nice lifestyle. Average work (in classroom) 7 hrs or less per week, and spend the rest of the time "being" or "living" their yoga. On my dime no less.

Then have the audacity to tell me how problematic I am.

the yoga lifestyle is marketed to upper-middle class women -- largely women who do not work. I know these women. And yes, they can be bothersome in their own way, but *I'm* not funding their lifestyle, you know?

They live a nice lifestyle. Average work (in classroom) 7 hrs or less per week, and spend the rest of the time "being" or "living" their yoga. On my dime no less.
    lmao i would avoid people like that like the plague. and they are on my dollar as i pay taxes too. i still dont sweat it since it is something i cannot change. and also you still get to be here and following that logic virtually everyone CAN work. and once you go down that slippery slope it gets very mucky indeed.

Well, I do my best.

Honestly, most of the folks are really great and hard working and all of that stuff. Just every once in a while, one or two get under my skin a bit. My main thing is to pull them from my facebook newsfeed. Then I don't have to read about it all. LOL

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I think that low-fat makes you anxious and possibly paranoid, and that some people are more prone to it than others. I do believe in GAPS, but I also think the brain functions better on fat somehow.

Anyway. . . I just paid my bi-monthly taxes and now I'm mad at the yoga teachers who are on welfare because they are too lazy to actually work.
    Eat some more fat and calm down, Zoe

seaweed: true, but it still irks me sometimes. I think i get tired of the "pity me" language, when, you know, I work 60 hr work weeks to support myself and my family.
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    yeah but truly it is their problem. i work freaking hard too but what they do is not about how hard i work. i get to live my life and i realise how lucky i am to be able to.
    You're both right but in the end, is it worth the cortisol bump?

But, I do not feel sorry for educated, middle class people who spend the money on a "yoga lifestyle" which is marketed. The "lifestyle" marketed by most yoga magazines is one where you go on retreats, take workshops and classes, and in between practice yoga, get together and do kirtans (singing), write about yoga, and go through a series of chai dates or vegetarian pot lucks.
    I've never heard of a "yoga lifestyle" before. Sounds delightful except for the bit about the pots lucks being veg.

Paleobird Guest
    Anybody taken a peak at my thread about carnivorousness on the Nutrition board yet? I finished off the last of my veggies last night in a soup. Now the only plant matter left in the house is condiment things like salsa and coconut products.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I saw it, and I think its going to get crazy in there soon LOL.
    I still have veg in my house for the rest of my family. But most of the time I just don't feel like it. I did crave avocado today (made into guacamole with sour cream) on bacon of course, and damn it was good!