Page 195 of 306 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 195

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Dude-bro advice also doesn't work for 40-something dudes who thanks to years of tippling in lieu of exercising are curiously NOT in the prime physical condition one might expect.

Course, my metabolism was zoomed up enough in my 20s that it didn't matter. Started to in my 30s, and well here we are.

I definitely benefitted from LC/VLC, and still find it a useful reset after, say, holidays when people you beg not to gift you sugary temptations go ahead and gift those very Satans your way anyway.
    Yep our favorite Dude-bro may yet understand but it will take him a couple more decades. In the mean time, we can try our best to ignore his yapping.

Paleobird Guest
    OK, I have read a lot of books in the past 50 years and I don't wax rhapsodic about one for nothing.

You absolutely MUST read The Gnoll Credo by J Stanton. It will change your life. Again, all hyperbole aside. I mean that in literal seriousness.

I feel like ordering a couple of dozen copies and giving one to every one I know.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    OK, I have read a lot of books in the past 50 years and I don't wax rhapsodic about one for nothing.

You absolutely MUST read The Gnoll Credo by J Stanton. It will change your life. Again, all hyperbole aside. I mean that in literal seriousness.

I feel like ordering a couple of dozen copies and giving one to every one I know.
    Amazon thanks you :P

Paleobird Guest
    OK, Ayla, I just failed to heed all my own advice about ignoring Choco and got dragged into a snarkfest with him on Warmbear's thread. It is so hard to resist some times. That child just needs a slap upside the head.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    He sure does!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I did it too...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

AJWalton is offline Junior Member
    New to MDA and checking out your journal. It's awesome to read about someone who is "so" primal. I need more sun & less stress. Are you still including primal starches in your diet?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    He sure does!
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I did it too...
    I just couldn't hep myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AJWalton View Post
    New to MDA and checking out your journal. It's awesome to read about someone who is "so" primal. I need more sun & less stress. Are you still including primal starches in your diet?
    Hi, AJ and Welcome to the Birdnest. More sun and less stress is definitely a good plan. I have seen so many people who have the diet part nailed but wonder why they are not seeing the results they want. Then it comes out that they work insane hours, are going through a divorce and have a cubicle job with a commute so they leave and return home in the dark. Then on weekends they are too busy recuperating and getting ready to do it all agin to have anything resembling play time.

No, I don't eat any starches because I follow a ketogenic diet plan. In fact, I don't eat much in the way of veggies these days either. I'm sticking a toe in the water of carnivorous eating.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Robin,

I am more than half carnivore as you know, but i must admit that i ate a doughnut and cookies this weekend, specifically to shake up my hormones.

mission accomplished + 10 pounds in 2 days
    - 5 yesterday

As for circadian rhythm i have a sneaky sneaky method involving red grow lights and IR illuminators which works really nicely for me
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    I am more than half carnivore as you know, but i must admit that i ate a doughnut and cookies this weekend, specifically to shake up my hormones.

mission accomplished + 10 pounds in 2 days - 5 yesterday
    Hi Honey Badger.
    I knew you were staying ketogenic because it works for you even if Choco thinks that is "disordered" eating. I suppose that does end up being half carnivore already by definition. But what I am finding in keto is that I don't miss the veggies a bit. If I never have to eat kale again, it will be too soon. So the transition to carni is just sort of happening gradually as I use up my existing veggies and don't buy more. I'm planning on doing a whole post about it soon. We'll see if that ruffles some feathers.

About your "sugar refeed", did you just do it as an experiment or did you feel that your hormones *needed* shaking up for some reason?