Page 194 of 306 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 194

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks PB, I don't know why I did let him get to me there. I was fuming! Argh! LOL. Over it now.
    But I truly don't understand why people are even here who don't really follow a primal lifestyle. I know there are many variations, but some people seem so far from it, and seem to come here just to argue with those of us who this lifestyle is really working for.

Bye bye Mr Spammer

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Thanks PB, I don't know why I did let him get to me there. I was fuming! Argh! LOL. Over it now.
    But I truly don't understand why people are even here who don't really follow a primal lifestyle. I know there are many variations, but some people seem so far from it, and seem to come here just to argue with those of us who this lifestyle is really working for.
    At least Choco does a version of PB (now that he is past his UD2 phase which included refeeds on cake and which he conveniently edited out of his journals). He has now settled in to his "everything in moderation" stance which would be fine if he said, "This is what works for me". But he doesn't do that. He says this is how everybody SHOULD be eating and if they are not it is because they have some sort of disordered eating mental problem going on including but not limited to anorexia and food phobias. He keeps harping on "Eat real foods!" as if anyone here was arguing the opposite. He also keeps on about calories being the only real thing that matters after he *vehemently* and *at length* argued against me on my calorie counting threads back in the day. Now he talks like he invented the concept of calorie counting.

The people that bug me more are what Knifegill called Ray Peats disciples, "the sugar bees", Derpy, Zach, and company oh and Gorbag with his proudly stating that his excessive Diet Coke consumption is at least benign and maybe even good for you. Those people are not even trying to be Primal yet presuming to dole out Primal advice. Hopefully no newbies will be stupid enough to buy their bs.

Bye bye Mr Spammer
    Thank you for the spam removal. It's nice to have friends in the other hemisphere who take care of this before I even see it during my nighttime.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Some of us who don't really follow a primal lifestyle are still trying to get there. Some people are just argumentative. Some people are just ornery cusses who don't like to see anybody else happy, especially if they got that way by doing something the original person just can't handle doing.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    What else does Choco does...

Dispense his personal n=1, 20something, dude-bro whose never had a weight problem and only wanted to get buff, super pushy "wisdom"... to women who are 40 and have significant weight to lose and likely have a long history of a negative (yo-yo dieting, binge eating, whatever) relationship with food.

SMH.

It's NOT the same thing. Unless you read what he says in regard to diet/dieting/fat loss... then all humans are exactly equal.
    Oh, really.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-14-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Some of us who don't really follow a primal lifestyle are still trying to get there. Some people are just argumentative. Some people are just ornery cusses who don't like to see anybody else happy, especially if they got that way by doing something the original person just can't handle doing.
    Right , and anyone who is trying is welcome, however imperfect their efforts. But when people get "senior member" status by basically posting, "PB is BS and anyone who believes it is an idiot", over and over again, that just clutters up the boards.

"Some people are just argumentative". I think you nailed it with that one , Twibble.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Right , and anyone who is trying is welcome, however imperfect their efforts. But when people get "senior member" status by basically posting, "PB is BS and anyone who believes it is an idiot", over and over again, that just clutters up the boards.

"Some people are just argumentative". I think you nailed it with that one , Twibble.
    Do I qualify... for giving it back to Choco?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I need to stop replying to that thread LOL, but its hard to stay away.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Do I qualify... for giving it back to Choco?
    Yes, but at least you are argumentative and Primal

I like your new sig line from Nora Gegaudas. I am really enjoying her book, "Primal Mind, Primal Body".

Dude-bro advice also doesn't work for 40-something dudes who thanks to years of tippling in lieu of exercising are curiously NOT in the prime physical condition one might expect.

Course, my metabolism was zoomed up enough in my 20s that it didn't matter. Started to in my 30s, and well here we are.

I definitely benefitted from LC/VLC, and still find it a useful reset after, say, holidays when people you beg not to gift you sugary temptations go ahead and gift those very Satans your way anyway.