Page 190 of 306 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 190

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    im really excited about this, thank you so much!
    It just is amazing that after 13 years I might actually be able to be fit and healthy!

Sorry PB but what do you mean about shooting for awesome and not just OK?
    What else could I do? I really have to do this, for me, and for my family too.

Paleobird Guest
    I just meant in terms of being 5'2" and 140something being pretty good but 120something would be downright hot. There is no reason to not aim for hot.

You are a gorgeous ballerina who is just carrying some extra baggage right now. Now you have found the way to put that baggage down.

I look forward to reading about your progress.

thanks PB that makes sense, and you are right, there is no reason I can't aim for 56 kg. None at all
    I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you, you are another who has inspired me a lot over this last year, but for whatever reason I could not stick to it, although did not try this high fat back then, and I think that is the answer for me

Paleobird Guest
    Ayla, don't beat yourself up if you don't hit perfection *this very instant*. OTOH, if you never aim for perfection, how are you EVER supposed to hit it?

I'm making a big pot of cream of random frozen veggies soup. That uses up the last of my veggies except for a few jars of things like sauerkraut. Nah, I really don't like sauerkraut so I just chucked those in the compost heap.

I'm clearing out the freezer for all the grass fed meat I am going to be picking up on Thursday. Another poster here and I are going in splits doing some cow/goat/lamb pooling.

Getting all set to take the plunge into a mostly carnivorous woe and see how that suits me.

thats very true.
    How cool about the meat pooling.
    Will you eat veg sometimes, or a small amount each day?
    I really only eat it when I feel like it. Even though I have been aiming for 10% carbs, I rarely get any where near it, but I feel good not eating veg.

Paleobird Guest
    I think I will still eat some plant matter but I will make sure that it is something that "pulls its weight" like high fat plant options such as coconuts and avocados. Otherwise veggies will be for flavoring purposes like mexican salsa or a mushroom sauce on my steak. A diet of nothing but meat and water would get a little dull.

The Cream of Random Frozen Veg Soup turned out really nicely. I had three bags of what used to be my Dad's favorite mix, broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower. Put those with the leftover broth from cooking a pot roast in (the last of my) red wine, cook the living daylights out of them, then stick blend with a tub of labne kefir cheese and some secret spices. My latest spice love affair is with turmeric.

This seems to be another possibility for enjoying occasional veggies. Thoroughly cooking them (mitigates the anti-nutrient effects) and mixing them with a high fat source (cream cheese or sour cream would work too). But I think this is only something I would do if out or at a friend's house, not something I would seek out for myself.

ooh that soup sounds good

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Glad you are dealing with the seizure signals immediately. Over the holidays, I ate very badly. All my inflammation indicators went crazy. Its as if my body falls apart faster now. Scary.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Glad you are dealing with the seizure signals immediately. Over the holidays, I ate very badly. All my inflammation indicators went crazy. Its as if my body falls apart faster now. Scary.
    Well, I wouldn't say falling apart faster. I just think the "more mature" body just doesn't forgive you your trespasses as easily as it once did.

And, yep, there is nothing like a seizure to give you a wake up call that you have wandered too far and need to get back on the rails.