Page 189 of 306 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 189

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Glad you are able to catch this at the get-go, Paleobird. Take care.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hey PB, wanted to post here, as I need your wise advice.
    Have I got this right?
    Is this OK? Aiming for 65 kg for now. I am 107.4 kg, and 158 cm tall.
    Calories - 1600
    Carbohydrates - 40g (10%)
    Protein - 60g (15%)
    Fat 133g (75%)

Do I need to change anything?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Glad you are able to catch this at the get-go, Paleobird. Take care.
    Thanks, Sabine. A lot of times it's not about trying some crazy new thing, it's about getting reconnected with what you already KNOW works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Hey PB, wanted to post here, as I need your wise advice.
    Have I got this right?
    Is this OK? Aiming for 65 kg for now. I am 107.4 kg, and 158 cm tall.
    Calories - 1600
    Carbohydrates - 40g (10%)
    Protein - 60g (15%)
    Fat 133g (75%)

Do I need to change anything?
    Looks about right except you might want to take 5% from the fat and add it to the protein so it would be 70/20/10. Otherwise you will be eating fat with a side order of fat.

Looking at your stats and doing some quick conversion for the metrically challenged Yanks, I see you are about 5'2" and you are aiming for 143ish pounds? I'd say you could go 20 pounds lower than that easily. There is a petite little ballerina in you just waiting to be released.

As you lose weight, don't forget to recalibrate your BMR downwards. Right now you are expending a lot of extra energy dragging the extra weight around with you.

Also don't be afraid to push the calories a bit lower once you get the ketosis ball rolling. Your body will not be malnourished. It will be living off a tasty diet of human fat!

Thanks PB, will do that.
    Yes that sounds right for my goals right now. I am very short and I think small framed? Possibly. Just aiming for the higher end first so it doesn't seem so far away. I was what I think is normal weight at school, but never actually weighed. My whole adult life I have been over weight.
    I am fully in ketosis right now I think. For this month, am doing BP coffee in the morning, then a late afternoon/evening meal. If I need anything earlier I try to make it protein and fat only.

So my BMR is 1800, so I should be aiming for a 500 calorie deficit yes?
    So aiming for 1300 cal?
    So that would make:
    Carbohydrates: 33g
    Protein: 65g
    Fat: 101g

What happens when you add exercise in? Do you ignore those calories?

I should know all this, but its really time to tighten and tweak things.
    As much as I hate counting calories, I may have to do it every day just for this month to make a dent in my weight.

Paleobird Guest
    Thanks PB, will do that.
    Yes that sounds right for my goals right now. I am very short and I think small framed? Possibly. Just aiming for the higher end first so it doesn't seem so far away. I was what I think is normal weight at school, but never actually weighed. My whole adult life I have been over weight.
    I am fully in ketosis right now I think. For this month, am doing BP coffee in the morning, then a late afternoon/evening meal. If I need anything earlier I try to make it protein and fat only.
    Everyone's metabolism is different but, just as an example, I'm 8 inches taller than you and I have found that 1500 is maintenance and 1200 is weight loss. Remember that all the charts telling you how many calories you "should" be eating are all formulated with a sugar burner in mind. Fat burners who have some extra in storage don't need as many.

that makes sense, so will make aim 1300 for now, but if I don't need to eat that much I won't. I honestly could not make myself eat more than 1-2 times a day and I don't want to right now.

And yikes 123 lbs is 56 kg That means id need to lose 53 kg!? Holy shite balls LOL
    I was going for 65 kg for now. Once I get under 80 kg I want to get my tummy fixed, but may wait longer but shall see.

I asked the same question in the eat moar fat thread too, sorry, wasn't sure where it would get seen soonest
    Great help thank you!

actually 1200.
    With what ive eaten, and set for dinner, I will be able to go with that, and stick to all the macros.
    Will adjust as needed depending on hunger, but I really haven't been hungry much this week, so I think it will be good.

Paleobird Guest
    that makes sense, so will make aim 1300 for now, but if I don't need to eat that much I won't. I honestly could not make myself eat more than 1-2 times a day and I don't want to right now.

And yikes 123 lbs is 56 kg That means id need to lose 53 kg!? Holy shite balls LOL
    I was going for 65 kg for now. Once I get under 80 kg I want to get my tummy fixed, but may wait longer but shall see.
    I went from 3 meals to two and a snack to two and now I'm at one plus a snack. It's a natural progression, not anything where I am watching the clock to see when I can eat.

It's OK to set moderate goals and then re-evaluate later. It's also fine to shoot for AWESOME not just OK. Up to you.

I asked the same question in the eat moar fat thread too, sorry, wasn't sure where it would get seen soonest
    Great help thank you!
    No problem. That thread is moving so fast, it is easy for one post to get lost.

actually 1200.
    With what ive eaten, and set for dinner, I will be able to go with that, and stick to all the macros.
    Will adjust as needed depending on hunger, but I really haven't been hungry much this week, so I think it will be good.
    The fact that you are not hungry is great! That means you are well and truly into keto. I think 1200 is a good place to start.