Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 188

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    *hugs*
    your dad. he was a good un.
    He was indeed. Thanks, badgergirl.

Today the real estate broker is going to be taking pictures of the two houses for the listing. The past two months have been such a whirl of getting things cleaned out, packed up, sold off, given away, etc.

But today all the changes somehow seem more *real* like it is finally soaking in on some deeper level.

Paleobird Guest
    Today I got a phone call from a dear friend who lives in Mexico, someone I haven't seen in about 6 months. She starts out by saying, " Hi and how are you and how is your Dad?"

Yikes. She didn't know because I hadn't been able to get an email through to her (3rd world internet service where she lives). So I had to tell the whole tale from the top. Again.

She just lost her husband recently and hearing this news really hit her hard because her husband and my Dad, both in their 80s, had developed quite a friendship over the years. So we had a good long distance cry together.

I miss him.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    So sorry about your dad PB, sounds like you had an amazing relationship, something I wish for, but I know will never happen with my parents
    BTW you rock! Thanks for all your inspiration.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    So sorry about your dad PB, sounds like you had an amazing relationship, something I wish for, but I know will never happen with my parents
    BTW you rock! Thanks for all your inspiration.
    Thanks, Ayla. Good to see you around again and I'm glad to hear of your progress, along with so many other people on Pebbles' More Fat thread.

Paleobird Guest
    Well, crap!

Guess I need to report the failings as well as the triumphs so here goes.

I have been doing really well with my seizure disorder as long as I stayed in nutritional ketosis. I was able to reduce my medication by 25% with no problems.

Then some combination of the following happened:

1)Too much "holiday cheer" in the form of wine, champagne, and chocolate
    2)I only drink decaf but I brew it by the pot and there is still some caffeine so I figure I'm getting about a cup or two worth out of a whole pot. This is still too much for my brain I think.
    3)I'm cleaning out my pantry and freezer in anticipation of moving soon. Plus I'm contemplating going full-on carnivore so I'm using up things like frozen fruits and veggies. So I think my fat intake has gotten short shrift lately. Not good.
    4)I've been staying up too late on the net and getting my circadian cycle all whacked out.
    5)Personal stress storm of my Dad getting sick then passing, cleaning out and selling a house, moving, etc all in quick succession.

I have had several nights this past week where my sleep was disturbed by having a pre-seizure aura which wakes me up with a start. This has been happening several times a night sometimes. (I have a particular kind of seizure disorder that only happens during sleep.) Then last night I had a seizure. Just a small one and I didn't lose consciousness but I still bit my tongue (which now hurts like a sonofabitch!) The day after a seizure is always a zombie day.

OK. Plan of action

1)I hereby officially quit drinking even for those rare "special occasions".
    2)No more coffe of any kind. Going strictly rooibos tea from now on.
    3)Make a conscious effort to get the fat in me. (Today I went and bought labne, crema Mexicana, GF raw butter and cream, and coconut cream)
    4)If you see me posting after 10 pm feel free to wag your finger at me and tell me to go to bed.

I feel like I've had a "slap upside the head" which may be what I needed to get back on track.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 01-06-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Does coffee make you have seizures too?

Good luck getting back on track, sounds like you have a great plan.
    I think I might join you being a carnivore soon, I am practically eating no veg right now, and am loving eating moar fat, and feel amazing, I am buzzing LOL, and I haven't needed to eat much since Sat night either (having BP coffee and coffee with cream though) loving not being hungry but full of beans, so weird!

Paleobird Guest
    Does coffee make you have seizures too?

Good luck getting back on track, sounds like you have a great plan.
    I think I might join you being a carnivore soon, I am practically eating no veg right now, and am loving eating moar fat, and feel amazing, I am buzzing LOL, and I haven't needed to eat much since Sat night either (having BP coffee and coffee with cream though) loving not being hungry but full of beans, so weird!
    Oh yeah, I know that feeling and I want it back Dangit!

And yes, neurologist's orders to completely decaffeinate.

Oh wow that is interesting.
    Coffee is really addictive for me, but I think right now its keeping me from bingeing (well maybe I am not 100% so I think drinking it is probably better than not, but I do need to work on weaning off it.

Paleobird Guest
    Oh wow that is interesting.
    Coffee is really addictive for me, but I think right now its keeping me from bingeing (well maybe I am not 100% so I think drinking it is probably better than not, but I do need to work on weaning off it.
    For me, coffee makes trying to curb eating worse because it takes my blood sugar on a roller coaster ride up and then crash! At which point I either have to take a nap or eat something. I'm better off if I just don't start. I don't think a cup of decaf would be an issue. It's when I drink it by the pot that the caffeine becomes significant.

wow, coffee has the opposite affect, well when made into a BP coffee.
    Is that black coffee that does that to you?