Page 186 of 306 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 186

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Thank you Zoe. I may take you up on that one of these days after the house sells and I get all moved.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Paleobird Guest
    So, did everybody survive Christmas dinner?

I drank a bit more wine than I really needed and indulged in this coconut, chocolate chip, nuts, and raisins bark that was TOO good.
    Otherwise I was good. I just had turkey and lots of veggies with butter.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

I drank a bit more wine than I really needed and indulged in this coconut, chocolate chip, nuts, and raisins bark that was TOO good.
    I've been great at doing Primal for the last few days while I've been down here with the family. More 90% chocolate than usual, and WAY more wine than usual, but that's it. I even shot a deer and am making jerky with it as we speak. And being in small-town Texas is great. All the eggs my brother and his wife get are from a neighbor's chickens, all their milk is raw, and we have a grass-fed cow in the freezer.

PB, I hope your Christmas went well and you're doing OK with the void left by your dad's passing.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I've been great at doing Primal for the last few days while I've been down here with the family. More 90% chocolate than usual, and WAY more wine than usual, but that's it. I even shot a deer and am making jerky with it as we speak. And being in small-town Texas is great. All the eggs my brother and his wife get are from a neighbor's chickens, all their milk is raw, and we have a grass-fed cow in the freezer.

PB, I hope your Christmas went well and you're doing OK with the void left by your dad's passing.
    Ooooh venison jerky. Cool. Venison also makes great pemmican. Sounds like you are well stocked.

Thank you, Anthony. Yes, I am managing very well because I have the greatest friends any person could ever want. They have gently but firmly been getting me out and about to dinners and parties, going for hikes and such.

All of the work is done as far as cleaning out the house, getting some repairs done on it, etc, so everything is ready for selling it Feb1. I just have a little time now in between to reflect which is nice.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member

Wine and butter.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Wine and butter.
    Haha. Two of the four main holiday food groups.

Paleobird Guest
    So, what do you all think about my plan to go mainly carnivorous in the near future? Has Paleobird gone off the deep end?

The more I think about it the more appealing it becomes. I really don't like vegetables all that much. There I said it. It takes a while to get past years and years of the mental and social conditioning that we are supposed to love those healthy fresh veggies. Hmm. I think there's a reason why it's always a battle to get kids to eat their veggies. The same reason that kids eat dirt. They know what is good for them and what is just taking up space.

I will keep some veggies as long as they are adding something of value to the meal.

1)High fat plants such as avocados, coconuts, and macadamia nuts
    2)Flavoring agents such as onions, garlic, salsa
    3)Decorative things such as a few cherry tomatoes
    4)Veggies I genuinely like such as bell peppers and asparagus (but in decorative quantities around the edges)

5)Some carnivorous blogs seem to give a free pass to sea veggies and mushroom, technically not plants but algae and fungi respectively. I think this is cool because these are two of my favorites plus very sound nutritionally.

Some carnivore blogs say no to dairy and some say yes (kind of like Sisson and Cordain I guess). I am not giving up my dairy.

So, you see, I haven't gone completely loopy. Or have I? What do you think?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I say that you should do and try what is appealing to you, and if it works for you, then great, and if not, then you change it and no harm done, really.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    So, what do you all think about my plan to go mainly carnivorous in the near future? Has Paleobird gone off the deep end?

The more I think about it the more appealing it becomes. I really don't like vegetables all that much. There I said it. It takes a while to get past years and years of the mental and social conditioning that we are supposed to love those healthy fresh veggies. Hmm. I think there's a reason why it's always a battle to get kids to eat their veggies. The same reason that kids eat dirt. They know what is good for them and what is just taking up space.

I will keep some veggies as long as they are adding something of value to the meal.

1)High fat plants such as avocados, coconuts, and macadamia nuts
    2)Flavoring agents such as onions, garlic, salsa
    3)Decorative things such as a few cherry tomatoes
    4)Veggies I genuinely like such as bell peppers and asparagus (but in decorative quantities around the edges)

5)Some carnivorous blogs seem to give a free pass to sea veggies and mushroom, technically not plants but algae and fungi respectively. I think this is cool because these are two of my favorites plus very sound nutritionally.

Some carnivore blogs say no to dairy and some say yes (kind of like Sisson and Cordain I guess). I am not giving up my dairy.

So, you see, I haven't gone completely loopy. Or have I? What do you think?
    Sounds rather appealing to me. Does this mean more protein and less ketosis for The Bird? Or are you keeping vaguely the same macro ratios?
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I say that you should do and try what is appealing to you, and if it works for you, then great, and if not, then you change it and no harm done, really.
    Yep, I've done some digging into vitamin and mineral contents of veggies and meats and have found that I really wouldn't be missing anything vital by skipping the veg. The nutrients they *contain* often looks impressive but what we can actually *absorb* is much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Sounds rather appealing to me. Does this mean more protein and less ketosis for The Bird? Or are you keeping vaguely the same macro ratios?
    I think this will still be ketosis macros as long as I'm not eating skinless chicken boobs and whey powder as my protein (blech!). With the high fat dairy I eat plus my love for red meats and seafood like salmon, the fat and protein should come out about right. Taking most of the vegetation out of the picture just makes getting the carb level low enough so much easier.