Page 185 of 306 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 185

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    my husband has always loved "hot older women." This meant (in his 20s) any woman over 50. Now it goes as high as 75, when he looks at some of those paleo hotties.

He says it's a combination of taking care of herself, really good looks, and self possession (as well as being fashionable) that makes the difference for him.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

Also depends on the woman. If she is falling apart physically but still thinking she has something to offer to a young stud, nah, that is just pathetic. If she is still an attractive woman however, that's different.

There was an episode of Two and a Half Men where both of the brothers get cougared by the same woman (played wonderfully by Cloris Leachman). Talking about their separate experiences with her later the brothers both agree that she "knew things".
    Although I am certain guys like an attractive lady, I always thought the point of being a cougar was not your physical beauty, but your experience. It takes a while, after all, to learn enough to 'know things'. One might be 'falling apart' but still have plenty to offer in terms of knowledge and confidence. All cats are grey in the dark, but only some of them can do somersaults(metaphorically speaking, although, well.....).

Paleobird Guest
    Now if I could only know all the things I know now plus have a 16 year old body, I would be unstoppable.

Youth, as they say, is wasted on the young.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 12-23-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Amen.
    If I were in my 20's again with this level of self confidence, I would go to NYC and be a star on Broadway.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-23-2012 at 03:08 AM.

Paleobird Guest
    Oh, in my case there was no lack of self confidence in my 20's. I was just talking about the purely bedroom sense of the word. With what I know now, about myself plus about men, plus a young hot body I would be unstoppable.

So, I guess the next best thing is having all that knowledge plus an older slightly scarred and beat up but still fairly hot body.

(Classic sports cars may take a little more maintenance, but they can still race.)

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Happy Christmas, Robin (and all Paleobird-Adventure-Followers)!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Happy Christmas, Robin (and all Paleobird-Adventure-Followers)!
    Thank you Sigi. You folks in the other hemisphere always get a jump on things. It's still Christmas Eve here.

I'm going to Orange County for the day and evening to participate in my best friend's family gathering. They are a great bunch and very good cooks.

That sounds like a lot of fun! We are doing the beach with neighbors. A group picnic and such.

DS is running around like a mad-man. Seriously, he is hepped up on the christmas energy. And this is with no candy, no presents, and no decorations. The boy is just . . . excited. LOL And we are exhausted because we stayed up too late watching comedy. You'd think we would learn.

The sun is shining bright and beautiful, so the beach is going to be lovely today.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    That sounds like a lot of fun! We are doing the beach with neighbors. A group picnic and such.

DS is running around like a mad-man. Seriously, he is hepped up on the christmas energy. And this is with no candy, no presents, and no decorations. The boy is just . . . excited. LOL And we are exhausted because we stayed up too late watching comedy. You'd think we would learn.

The sun is shining bright and beautiful, so the beach is going to be lovely today.
    Can I come visit? It's all grey and rainy here.

Dinner last night was lovely. My friend's son (who has inherited her ability to cook) made a huge brisket cooked in red wine and onions that was amazing. Other wise the dinner was "Italian Themed" i.e. a bunch of different kinds of pasta. I just stuck to the brisket, salad and veggies (and more brisket) and was happy as a Primal clam.

I did indulge in this awesome dessert that I think could definitely be paleofied. It was log made of one layer of cream cheese and one of a pumpkin mix then rolled up to make a spiral swirl in each slice. It was really pretty and a nice alternative to the ubiquitous cakes and pies. The pumpkin part was like a very moist pumpkin bread. That could be done with coconut flour. You see I wasn't really indulging in a dessert. I was studying it for the greater good of Primal research <wink, nudge>.

Tonight I am invited to the Christmas dinner of my friends and neighbors across the street. I gave them my Mom's old teak dining room table when I was cleaning out Dad's house. It will be kind of weird to have dinner tat the table I grew up with but in another house. My folks would be happy to know that there is another family using it though.

PrimalCon New York
    Yes, you can come and visit any time, and no doubt every kiwi on the boards will host you.

It's so interesting to go through that process. . . of letting things go and then 'visiting' them. I think the pumpkin dessert sounds nice!

I made sweet potato pikelets (small pancakes) with my client's home made orange marmalade, and some whipped cream (no sugar, so good!) -- great little success there.

My ILs are here. I'm doing ok. lol