Page 18 of 306 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 18

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Hi Robin, hoping you've kicked the cancer in the arse. Speaking of which, a panty shot will always be appreciated
    Thank you peril. After I get the results back from my scan, I will see what I can do.

Paleobird Guest
    Today I got Dad's breakfast, then started a crockpot full of oxtail soup cooking and then took off for a 1/2 marathon walk. That felt good. I am determined to not let caring for Dad become an excuse to sit around and get fat and out of shape.

That oxtail soup smells soooooooo good. The whole house smells like it.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    nice. i tried to get a tail to make the soup, but apparently the pre-order list is brutal. lots of immigrants from africa have recently come over, it appears. or at least, that's what all three butchers told me (two halal and one regular -- but the regular guy says he doesn't get many people asking for tails in our white-white suburb -- lots of german specialities, but not the things i'm looking for. lol).

Paleobird Guest
    I get mine as an extra add on to my regular grass fed meat CSA allotment. They are just so pleased that anyone wants oxtail, marrow bones, liver, tongue, heart, etc.

Now that I've started including these things in my diet, I can't imagine going back to just plain muscle meats. How boring.

The soup was awesome but I made way too much. Leftovers. Not a problem.

try canning them for your primal earth quake kit!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    try canning them for your primal earth quake kit!
    I'm making a big batch of beef heart jerky. That is good to keep around.

If "The Big One" earthquake hit today, we could probably live off what is in the freezer for a while. We could roast marrow bones over a bonfire and throw the hollowed out ones to the dog. I wonder how long a person could live just off of bone marrow. It seems like a really *dense* food.

Paleobird Guest
    I had a full body bone scan today (speaking of bones). They had done one shortly after chemo and had determined that I fell into the "osteopenia" category which is like borderline osteoporosis (chemo has that side effect often). It will be interesting to see how much difference a few years of primal eating and hiking mountains has made.

They are also checking my calcium and Vit D levels. Good things to know also. All part of the five year check up process.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-04-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Sweet.

A client of mine went back for her one year MS evaluation. The doctor was seriously stoked by her improvement in balance, walking (used to use a cane!), and so on. She's really happy with her progress, but it was the doctor who was shocked! "Whatever you are doing, keep doing it!"

Love that sort of stuff. No doubt you'll be off-the-charts healthy!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    A client of mine went back for her one year MS evaluation. The doctor was seriously stoked by her improvement in balance, walking (used to use a cane!), and so on. She's really happy with her progress, but it was the doctor who was shocked! "Whatever you are doing, keep doing it!"
    That's wonderful. Was all that improvement from the yoga or were you also giving Primal nutritional advice?

It was a combination of yoga and feldenkrais, mostly, though we happened to most the doctor who did the primal-DNA-MS TED talk on our face book page, and so no doubt she looked into it, since she asked me which cod liver oil we use.