Page 177 of 306 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 177

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I haven't really been posting much lately. This forum seems to be going through one of those bat poop crazy patches.
    Holy crap, yes. Between the potatoes, the one poster saying she puts a zillion packets of sugar in her coffee (WTF?!) and the other assorted stupidity (the thread on BRCA mutation and mastectomy makes me headdesk), I'm astonished at the sheer ridiculousness that's been exploding all over the place.

And we only have a couple of weeks left before the January dieter influx begins. Whee!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Holy crap, yes. Between the potatoes, the one poster saying she puts a zillion packets of sugar in her coffee (WTF?!) and the other assorted stupidity (the thread on BRCA mutation and mastectomy makes me headdesk), I'm astonished at the sheer ridiculousness that's been exploding all over the place.

And we only have a couple of weeks left before the January dieter influx begins. Whee!
    Are you talking about Demapix/Derpamix? (The name has changed but not the Peatarian BS.) That person is actually, so he says, a 6'3" tall thin dude. He just uses avatar pics of pretty young girls. Okaaaaay. It is somewhat easier to believe that a large sized male metabolism could manage to deal with that quantity of sugar and still be standing. He says he found the gospel of Ray Peat through Danny Roddy's site about balding.

VLC may not have been the answer for him but I really don't think gummy bears, coke, and 30 cups of heavily sweetened coffee A DAY are a very healthy alternative.

That BRCA thread is just so typical of guys who should stfu when it comes to issues they don't understand.

I can't even seem to care enough to get into those slugfest threads. What a waste of energy.

When Derpamix started posting, I thought it was the return of fiercehunter, so I think I've just assumed that the poster was female since then.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Paleobird Guest
    When Derpamix started posting, I thought it was the return of fiercehunter, so I think I've just assumed that the poster was female since then.
    There is a certain similarity in the writing styles and both are certifiable, in addition to being self professed sugar/caffeine freaks so I wouldn't doubt that both are just various facets of the same case of multiple personality disorder.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Having been Primal only since May 1 of this year, I didn't realize that there was a January dieter thing... How does that play out here?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Having been Primal only since May 1 of this year, I didn't realize that there was a January dieter thing... How does that play out here?
    Well, it's like with most "diet" mentality folks. Binge over the holidays and then do your penance later.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Well, it's like with most "diet" mentality folks. Binge over the holidays and then do your penance later.
    Ah. So I gather they will be like a November snow here - lotsa flakes that are soon gone...

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I can only hope that they read the book, and don't glom onto some of the ...more peculiar...threads we have going. How many do you suppose will come to equate primal with potatoes?

Oh man, sometimes people glom onto all sorts of weird crap. They try to do low fat, they panic over eating a bite of their kid's pear, they latch onto the cold thermogenesis thing...the wave of "Help! Why isn't it working?!" threads begins and you realize that people are eating half a pound of butter a day and wondering why they're not losing or they're trying to subsist on three lettuce leaves and a chicken breast daily.

Some people come in January, do well, and see success. But it's a crazy time of year.

Owly's Journal

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I must have a bad memory because I don't even remember. LOL Ah well.

It is a crazy time of year all over. I was telling all of my students "now go home and have wine and chocolate and don't worry about a thing!" I want them to take the guilt out of enjoying themselves for ****s sake! lol

Had the weirdest conversation with my ILs. they have flown over oceans before, but apparently visiting us is "really scary" -- though I guess it is the farthest they've been from home. And, it will be the longest they've been from home either. SIL is staying at their place (she did get a job right away, which is great! she'll be moving out to her own place when they get back), and she'll take care of GMIL, cat, and dog.

Then, there was the anxiety around clothing. We told them not to bring shorts because A. it's chilly here; and B. it's very, very sunny and it's better to be covered than to have to sunscreen yourself every 27 seconds. So, they showed us what they packed. Guess what? Dumbasses.

So, we told them, no, pack this (as we'd already sent them an extensive list of what to pack), and they complained about having to wear those clothes "in summer." And I said "you know what, wear what you want."

Then we got onto rain gear. MIL whines that she doesn't have any. I suggest she go to walmart where she'd be able to get simple rain suit for $35-ish. And, while she is at it, she can pick a set up for DH and myself as well -- since it's about 3x as much here. She freaked out at having to spend $35 on rain gear.

So I was like "fine, be wet and cold then." Geez. How hard is it, really?

Anyway, it's 10 days until they arrive, so I'm excited to just be mellow over the next 10 days. A bit more printing for immigration, making some videos for my parents and aunt, and then doing a bit of light mailing (a box to my aunt, my friends in CO, and my sister). Last week of work for the year, too!

Then, come home and declutter and clean the house and clear the garden of weeds, (which should take about two days), then decorate for christmas because DS wants to, and then a nice christmas day with friends at the beach with a basket of goodies for all to share!

Then hell weeks. Then back to work! Yay! I love working.

Also, cool things about the new booking system: we are seeing more clients than I thought we were! With a press of a button, I can see exactly how many clients we saw in a week -- what sorts of appointments they had, income earned from them, etc! WOOHOO! We're only at 1/3 capacity for current classes, and only at 1/3 of the classes that I want to offer -- so we have SO MUCH room for growth. Awesomeness.

I just decided, you know, to bring interesting stuff here. . . rather than other threads. Just for you. If any of this is interesting.