Page 176 of 306 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 176

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would enjoy living in a neighborhood where women hit on me. I like old Victorian/Craftsman apartments, too. I like the crown molding, the big white stoves and the other little touches.

Glad to see everything is moving forward for you. I'm sure you'll find a great place to live.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I would enjoy living in a neighborhood where women hit on me. I like old Victorian/Craftsman apartments, too. I like the crown molding, the big white stoves and the other little touches.

Glad to see everything is moving forward for you. I'm sure you'll find a great place to live.
    Getting hit on by women gets old after a while.

The other thing about the place my friends want to rent to me is that it did not start out as apartments. It was one huge house that has now become four separate units. The original was probably beautiful but the modifications have been kind of jerry rigged. And the modifications are ongoing. They are adding a deck and a few other things which means the dulcet tones of construction. On a big place like that, there is always something being fixed or upgraded.

Kind of like my place. The workmen are getting the exterior wood like trellis work and banisters repainted with a good waterproof stain. They also rebuilt the shed over the water heater and fixed a few plumbing issues I didn't even know existed. (Water was leaking inside a wall when the toilet flushed. This was only seen because the wall was open for the reconstruction and one of the workers went to pee. Who knows how long it had been leaking. Yikes.) They are basically getting all the stuff done that was on Dad's "to do" list.

So in a few more days everything will be "up to code" and ready to sell. Then we do pictures and the listing goes public on Feb 1st.
    If I get a really good offer right away, I'm gone. No problem. But if it is looking like I might have to settle too low, I might consider pulling the listing and just hunkering down here for a year or two and waiting for a better market. It's nice to have that option. I don't HAVE to sell it, I just want to.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    That is a great option.

We were really lucky with our place that we got our asking price before it went to listing. ANd, it hadn't lost much value in the drop in the market. So that was helpful, too.

I would say that you could have seriously high demand depending upon how it is positioned in the market.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I would say that you could have seriously high demand depending upon how it is positioned in the market.
    Yep, it seems so. Tonight at the community potluck I was introduced to the guy who runs a group called SOHO which stands for Save Our Heritage Organization. They make it their mission to preserve this city's architecturally significant buildings and not let it all get lost to bulldozers to make way for condos. He was very interested in the fact that I have a house by this particular architect, calling him, "The father of Southern California Modernism".

I asked him if he had any recommendations for a good real estate agent and without hesitation he named and strongly praised the guy that I have already been talking with about the listing. So that is good to know, that my real estate guy really knows that era and has those kind of contacts. I think he will be worth the commission.

It really seems like mid century modern is a specialized niche market, not that many buyers but ones that are willing to shell out some fairly serious coin for the real thing.

It was a lovely pot luck tonight. I had ham and turkey and a pile of salad. And a couple of chocolates. OK, 3.

I'm glad the pot luck went well.

I would shell out good cash for a beautifully designed piece by an important architect for certain. If I wanted a house and had the cash.

The market is niche, but, yeah, we'll pay. LOL

Paleobird Guest
    Well the carpenters and painters got all finished up on the house yesterday which is a good thing because today is one of those rare days in San Diego where it really decided to rain. We are such spoiled brats around here about perfect weather.

Once in a while rain is OK I guess. We need to keep the plants happy. My Vit D levels will be fine until tomorrow. That's the thing about SoCal rain. We don't get the long stretches of days and weeks without sun that some places do.

Yeah, I think this city will always be my home even if I am living at a different address.

We have had a run of really nice, warm, and sunny days. I was even tempted to swim in the harbor yesterday! Today, it's warm but windy, so no harbor for me. I think we might go swimming though.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird......... I haven't visited you're journey since just after you dad passed on. I'm happy to hear the service was healing, and you are making steps to move forward. Most people aren't thinking very clearly during these difficult periods of life - but you seem to have it all under control and are at peace with the entire process. Good luck with the sale - and with finding new digs!

As for being hit on by other women........... no thanks. I have several friends of that particular lifestyle -- but I'm not at all interested in being invited to partake. But - maybe they could introduce you to their brother or male cousin? Never know.....

Best wishes...........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    We have had a run of really nice, warm, and sunny days. I was even tempted to swim in the harbor yesterday! Today, it's warm but windy, so no harbor for me. I think we might go swimming though.
    I think I need a second home down under so I would never have to do winter. Six months in each one.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Paleobird......... I haven't visited you're journey since just after you dad passed on. I'm happy to hear the service was healing, and you are making steps to move forward. Most people aren't thinking very clearly during these difficult periods of life - but you seem to have it all under control and are at peace with the entire process. Good luck with the sale - and with finding new digs!

As for being hit on by other women........... no thanks. I have several friends of that particular lifestyle -- but I'm not at all interested in being invited to partake. But - maybe they could introduce you to their brother or male cousin? Never know.....

Best wishes...........
    Thank you, Tomi.

I haven't really been posting much lately. This forum seems to be going through one of those bat poop crazy patches.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wellington tends to have cold summers, so I'd recommend elsewhere in NZ or australia.

I have friends who are "summer chasers" going from NZ to Italy . . . back and forth. They are up near auckland, though, where it gets warmer.